2019 Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

9 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Yep, he dropped in several times but the dude just stood there so eventually he was tagged

I'm still not sure  he tagged him before he stepped on third, which would have removed the force and allowed the guy to stay on third. 

I think the sequence was

1. field the ball on short hop
  2. tag the runner at 3rd for out #1
  3. drop the ball when attempting to take it out of his glove-it looked like he was about to try to throw to 1st which would have been stupid
  4. pick up the ball and step on 3rd, recording out #2
  5. tag the runner coming to 3rd who was already out with a shot to the chest
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

That is about the stupidest fucking base-running ever.  By both of them.  

Yeah it was.  I don't think the guy from 3rd could have made it home before the 3rd out was recorded though

7 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Is Kumar Rocker related to John Rocker?

No..  His Dad is Tracy Rocker who won Lombardi and Outland trophy as lineman at Auburn in 80's. His dad was as good a DT as I ever saw. Unfortunately he had bad knees so only played a few years in NFL. He is now coaching for Tennessee Titans

10 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Fucking bullpen went full retard.

It was fucking painful to watch the Tech bullpen give the game away like they did last night.  I suspected 3 games with the pokes but to lose like that is shitty.  Hope they can pull it together today and get the win.  OSU is not going to be easy.

8 hours ago, Monster said:

Almost forgot the left fielder dropping a can of corn in the 9th inning.  Or Michigan wins it in regulation.

It was tied when he dropped that. No guarantee that Michigan would've scored in the bottom had he caught it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Evidently Techs leadoff hitter had surgery this morning on his hand. Gabe Holt. Great AB’s that eats up pitch counts, infield singles, defense, steals. Tough out. 

I think he jammed his hand into first base yesterday.  Must've broken it pretty bad.

45 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Evidently Techs leadoff hitter had surgery this morning on his hand. Gabe Holt. Great AB’s that eats up pitch counts, infield singles, defense, steals. Tough out. 

Sorry to hear.    Gritty little player - players like him make college baseball great.    Big loss for Tech.  Pitchers have to worry about him on base when they face Jung and Warren.

Any Raider fan know how he chose Tech ?    From Georgia.

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

Our luck has run out. Feels like a blowout. If we escape one down I bet we don’t get another hit.

You need to quit being such a whiny pussy and ask your neighbor if you can borrow his balls before you watch another OSU game.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

You need to quit being such a whiny pussy and ask your neighbor if you can borrow his balls before you watch another OSU game.

That’s good advice for all of us. We’re all just waiting and expecting the worst. I’m gonna try to relax and just enjoy today’s game.

You realize I’m an OSU fan, right? We’ve seen so much disappointment it’s expected. And I’m a spoiled one since I enrolled in 2000. Some of the old timers have seen some sad shit. This baseball team keeps stepping up when it matters, so I’ll enter today with cautious optimism.

25 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Ok. So it was his thumb and some reports are that Holt is going to play today. We shall see. 

They could rebuild him.  They had the technology.  They made him better than he was.

Edited by clapclapclap
Also, screw piggy.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Sorry for the double post, I was in wrong thread earlier...

Wind is howling in Lubbock today - swirling but also blowing out to right. Tonight should be interesting.

Said 30mph..... temp in the 60's

Are you sure it's blowing out to right?