Champions League 2019-2020

maninblack

11 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

oh, i know Real does that on the reg and gets calls.  i'm not mad that Real was the victim.  i just think Jesus could have played through it and scored.

Agreed, and this is also why Aguero's late goal to win the league in 2012 is the greatest goal ever scored. IF YOU DISAGREE THEN YOU'RE WRONG.

But seriously, I still watch that one sometimes because he got his foot stepped on in the box with the league on the line in the last minute of the season. But in that moment he was too focused on scoring so he just continued naturally and buried it.

Ah, glory days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Ha, I get it.

But let's say Liverpool gets knocked out of the UCL and City advances. I'd still trade spots with y'all. League > UCL for life, yo.

I'm happy we are winning the league this year, but I'd rather win the UCL. Bigger stage, better competition.

Ask Pep which one he'd rather win.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, maninblack said:

PSG vs BvB will be played behind closed doors because of the WuFlu

Siena College/University had a measles outbreak (I think) on campus in the late ‘80s/early ‘90s and had to play some basketball games in empty arenas as they tried to get into the NCAA tournament (I believe). 

Whatever it was, these empty stadiums always make me think of Siena. 

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

I just flipped over and the Mestalla is empty also.  It's kind of creepy to watch.

According to Google translate, the sign at midfield says "Our hearts and souls are always at the Mestalla," so they have that going for them I guess.

Honestly we the fuck did they hire Mourinho. I truly don’t understand what they were thinking. You’re Spurs. You’re not gonna spend the money required to win with him and he’s inevitably going to ruin any young talent you have on his way out. Just makes no sense

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Honestly we the fuck did they hire Mourinho. I truly don’t understand what they were thinking. You’re Spurs. You’re not gonna spend the money required to win with him and he’s inevitably going to ruin any young talent you have on his way out. Just makes no sense

This isn't Mourinho's fault. It's not bringing in new players over 2 years and a ton of injuries this season. 

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The beginning of the end was firing the good manager instead of bringing in players, and replacing him with the grim reaper.

Pochettino was mentally checked out and had lost most of the locker room. I loved Pochettino, but it's hard to argue it wasn't time to part.

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Imagine not getting any money to spend and your best players wanted to go play in Spain but this is your fault...

Sure. I'll also say Spurs were playing well under Mourinho. Then Kane got injured. They were still doing fairly well. Then Son got injured. I don't see anyone else having success with the team in its current state.