Mike Pompeo is a fucking dunce

elfenix

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Won't matter - he wasn't going to have a shot at the Presidency - too deep-state for a bunch, plus he hasn't been out there being MAGA like DeSantis and Abbott.

Do the Never-Trump Republicans consider him a trumper or a folksy midwestern congressman who kept Trump in a padded cage? 

Those who followed him closely know his stripes, but do suburban Republicans see him as a trump greaseball?

He is slippery and in my blind spot.

Edited by washparkhorn

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Do the Never-Trump Republicans consider him a trumper or a folksy midwestern congressman who kept Trump in a padded cage? 

Those who followed him closely know his stripes, but do suburban Republicans see him as a trump greaseball?

He is slippery and in my blind spot.

I'm curious as well.

I have Mike Pompeo as being Mike Pompeo's #1 fan.  If MAGA started really dropping off the political cliff and Trump was seen as a liability for Republicans (I don't know how he's not seen as a liability), Pompeo would get whiplash trying to get to a microphone and claim that he was helping keep Trump in check.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The weight loss that began this past spring and summer got noticed a month or so ago, and is now gaining a lot more traction on social media since he's out and about working donors and voters. Peep the before and after. The before photo is not the best, but I didn't want to use one that took up a lot of space. The after photo was taken in the last month. What say you? Gastric bypass or old fashioned West Point calisthenics and aerobic conditioning?

The man is dangerous and serious and seriously dangerous.

Before:

Pin on iraq

After:

Mike Pompeo is on fox and looks like a totally different ...

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit: I can appreciate his desire to improve his health, but I just don't trust that guy's motivation to be entirely honest.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I mean, nothing you posted is wrong, per se, but I don't see the correlation. Perhaps he's ill. Doesn't make him any less dangerous

Direct correlation, no. Unless one has it explicitly in writing or as a witness. I see it as either something done simply for health reasons--he did look like a man heading for a heart attack or a diabetes diagnosis, or since I believe he does a lot that is intentional--an attempt to reduce the physical reminder of his gluttony while in office as Secretary of State.  The guy seems rather intemperate (given the several incidents we know about) but barely held in check, if that makes sense? That is not someone I trust with power.

• 4 months later...

This is making the rounds on Twitter today as Pompeo has been appearing on media outlets regarding foreign policy as well as forming alliances with candidates. Some folks have longer attention spans, Mike:

If you will recall, that phrase was shouted at NPR reporter Mary Louise Kelly in January of 2020 after she asked him about the firing of Marie Yovanovitch....