McAllen High Mariachi group does Unchained Melody

Beau Vine

Dust storm.

Holy smokes, those gals can sing.

I almost can't believe those tracks were recorded off cell phones.  They sound pretty good.  (The recordings, not the kids, who obviously also sound good.)

I'm actually digging the "live from home" movement.  For the most part, it's closer to the truth than the shit we've been listening to for 25 years.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I almost can't believe those tracks were recorded off cell phones.  They sound pretty good.  (The recordings, not the kids, who obviously also sound good.)

Wife is doing something like this with some musicians in her community band.  There's an Apple app that everyone's using for music recordings.  We of course are an android household, so she had to spend $150 to get a used ipod.  

16 hours ago, Kermit said:

You can compete in Mariachi? 

It's a vast state brother, and there's plenty of Mexican-Americans in it. I worked in an RGV high school the year that they hosted it in Edinburg. Schools from all over South Texas. San Antonio on down. Not to say there isn't some in the big cities as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

It's a vast state brother, and there's plenty of Mexican-Americans in it. I worked in an RGV high school the year that they hosted it in Edinburg. Schools from all over South Texas. San Antonio on down. Not to say there isn't some in the big cities as well.

Así que, estás diciendo que Tejas es un estado muy grande con mucha diversidad.

No sé si te creo. 🤔

• Like 1