San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling

Mitch Cumsteen

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Just get this tight and LA might meltdown. 

Unfortunately we throw away every other possession with terrible shot attempts. 

We can’t stop them. Definitely missing Jakob. When he comes back, hopefully Eubanks will disappear. 

Vassell is so fucking awesome. Dude is really starting to emerge with Dejounte as the main offensive weapons. 

9 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Primo highlights. 

I'm generally of the belief that dribbling up the court and then taking a step back three without ever passing the ball is piss poor offense... unless it goes in, which it appears to often do with this cat. Also, some friendly advice to Mexico: you may not want to go under that screen.

I know it's the g league and all, but they don't have anyone on the current roster that can create his own shot like this. Outside of Vassell, they don't have anyone who can consistently knock down a three much less create his own three point look AND knock it down. I was really down on the Primo pick on draft night but they may have something there. I genuinely believe he could be helping the team win games now.

But fuck it.... keep him in the g league, let him learn how to play defense and let's gather more ping pong balls. We gotta play the long game. I'm starting to look at the draft and I really like the kid from Auburn, Jabari Smith. Man, what a ridiculous fit he would be with what they already have going. If they hit on Primo, Vasell keeps on his current trajectory, and add an athletic big like Smith, they could actually have something cooking. In the meantime... I know it's frustrating, but we need more games like LA on Sunday. Play competitive, entertaining basketball and keep stacking L's. It is the way.

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm generally of the belief that dribbling up the court and then taking a step back three without ever passing the ball is piss poor offense... unless it goes in, which it appears to often do with this cat. Also, some friendly advice to Mexico: you may not want to go under that screen.

I know it's the g league and all, but they don't have anyone on the current roster that can create his own shot like this. Outside of Vassell, they don't have anyone who can consistently knock down a three much less create his own three point look AND knock it down. I was really down on the Primo pick on draft night but they may have something there. I genuinely believe he could be helping the team win games now.

But fuck it.... keep him in the g league, let him learn how to play defense and let's gather more ping pong balls. We gotta play the long game. I'm starting to look at the draft and I really like the kid from Auburn, Jabari Smith. Man, what a ridiculous fit he would be with what they already have going. If they hit on Primo, Vasell keeps on his current trajectory, and add an athletic big like Smith, they could actually have something cooking. In the meantime... I know it's frustrating, but we need more games like LA on Sunday. Play competitive, entertaining basketball and keep stacking L's. It is the way.

After watching the G League game, Primo needs reps if only for defensive purposes. Dude has that Forbes, matador defense. He’s fucking terrible on that end, so I will patiently wait for him to play big boy games. 

4 hours ago, Kermit said:

After watching the G League game, Primo needs reps if only for defensive purposes. Dude has that Forbes, matador defense. He’s fucking terrible on that end, so I will patiently wait for him to play big boy games. 

Yea, he definitely needs reps..... a lot.  He can create his own shot but doesn't have a good feel for creating offense for a team, and he's going to really struggle with efficiency at the NBA level.  He's very raw and green and since we're playing for draft status, as I said earlier, keep him in Austin until the trade deadline.  Maybe we can unload a contract or two (Thad Young) and then bring him up and get him experience to continue to develop.  I wanted to see DW ball out so he could be part of package to get a good young big, but he has his head up his ass.  He's still probably our best back court defender (Murray is pretty decent too) but offensively, he's just not a great shooter.

But this isn't a one year reload job, we're a long way away and this is probably a multi-year rebuild unless we luck into another DRob or Timmah.  Vassell is looking like he's taken a major step thus far in his development and that's so good to see.  

15 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Also, I didn't realize it but DJM is putting up some surprisingly good numbers this season so far:

19, 8 and 8 with 2 steals and 2.4 TO and shooting 46% from the floor. 

He is. He's had some stinkers - especially late in games - but overall he's having a nice year and probably worth more than what we're paying him. 

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Jakob-Poeltl-returning-16632200.php

Jakob is back tonight. 

Also, I didn't realize it but DJM is putting up some surprisingly good numbers this season so far:

19, 8 and 8 with 2 steals and 2.4 TO and shooting 46% from the floor. 

So, he continues to improve although a SSS.  He's shooting more from 3 this year and while hitting 33% isn't much to write home about, it's improvement.  Turnovers are up a bit but probably because he's handling the ball more with Demar gone.  Let's see how his shooting percentages settle.  His FT% needs to rebound.  

PER is 20.  WS48 is .127.  BPM 3.0.  Some good things thus far.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Because he plays on a team with zero expectations that no one gives a shit about. 

Hey watch it. I’m somebody.

KATs act has worn thin with some wolves fans including me. He’s a gifted 3 level scorer. But he can be a bitch. He was called out earlier this year for whining too much then became so passive. He’s not a leader. I wish he had Jimmy butlers drive with his own skill set, he’d be a top 5 player.

• Mitch Cumsteen changed the title to San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling