San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling

Mitch Cumsteen

That was a fucking frustrating game. No answer for Payne. Keldon is ball hogging like he’s Kobe and when he does pass it’s to the other team. No one passes Vassell the ball and Pop can’t be bothered to call a play for him until the end of the game. Forbes sucks. No answer for Ayton. And yet there they were, fighting their way back. Lonnie finally got it going. Derrick is playing back into what we hope he can be. DM is a terror on the defensive end. I fucking hate losing to the Suns but…this is the way.

12 hours ago, Kermit said:

That was a fucking frustrating game. No answer for Payne. Keldon is ball hogging like he’s Kobe and when he does pass it’s to the other team. No one passes Vassell the ball and Pop can’t be bothered to call a play for him until the end of the game. Forbes sucks. No answer for Ayton. And yet there they were, fighting their way back. Lonnie finally got it going. Derrick is playing back into what we hope he can be. DM is a terror on the defensive end. I fucking hate losing to the Suns but…this is the way.

Same old song and dance. They at least play hard and for the most part, unselfishly, each night. Spurs just couldn't hit their threes and the Suns did (5-20 vs 12-27). You aren't going to win many games like that plus Phoenix is playing about as well as anybody in the league right now. DJM is really having a nice season. If he could get his 3 pt shooting in the 40% range, then he becomes one of the better PG's in the league.

This sucks, but we are just going to have to be patient. 

54 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Primo got some playing time in the second quarter. A couple defensive miscues but swishes two threes. Derek White fucking up offensively. Forbes fucking awful on the defensive end, so nothing new. Jakob killing it on the offensive end.

If we fired Pop and gave signing Forbes again as the reason I'd be like "Eh - he had a good run".

Trying to close the Wiz late. Up 10 with 6.5 mins.

7 minutes ago, Kermit said:

As soon as I posted that shit, White fucking dominates, Forbes plays outstanding, and Lonnie becomes a lockdown defender. Tank on pause for a game or two.

Yeah. The shitshiw is coming around. DJM might get sent to Austin if he isn't careful. 

Nice to see them get some W's, even if it isn't in their best interest long term. It probably helps from a competitive/morale/growth standpoint at least.

Also, Primo got some real live meaningful NBA minutes for the first time and doesn't look lost. He took some lumps from Bradley Beal -- no shame in that -- but I continue to be impressed with some of the little things he does, like the way he moves off ball on defense, for example. There are certain guys who just innately get how team basketball works and there are signs that he is one of them, extremely small sample size notwithstanding. I also think it's clear that he doesn't seem fazed by much, which is impressive at his age.

20 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

What is the opposite of a shitshiw? Cause this is definitely it. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that this lead will evaporate because NBA but the are putting a beating on Portland right now. 

Well if you were worried the tank was off we are playing Tre Jones, Bates Diop, Derrick White and Forbes together. 

But even they're looking decent.

• Mitch Cumsteen changed the title to San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling