San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling

Mitch Cumsteen

15 minutes ago, Kermit said:

This is going to be a slaughter. 

The 6ers are perfectly capable of fucking around and blowing a 20 point lead.

Unfortunately this team has less than zero answer for Embiid. Nor the offensive acumen to close a gap like this. 

Ah - the Nets appear to have woken up and realized they're playing DJ and the Austin Spurs. 

I think the tank should be safe today. 

I actually thought we held KD in check pretty well - esp. with DJ on him - and I see that he has 18 on 7/9 shooting. 

Edited by ztejas

41 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Ah - the Nets appear to have woken up and realized they're playing DJ and the Austin Spurs. 

I think the tank should be safe today. 

I actually thought we held KD in check pretty well - esp. with DJ on him - and I see that he has 18 on 7/9 shooting. 

Landale takes offense to tanking discussions.

5 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Hell of a game from a lot of players. I know KD is going to go off if there’s an overtime, but impressed with KBD, Primo, and Landale. Also Dejounte is so fucking awesome. 

Sleeper agent Patty Mills got us to overtime. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Are you a rookie? Maybe even a 2nd round draft pick?

Are you killing yourself in the G League trying to make the show?

Well come on down to Barclays today at noon for your chance to impact a real live NBA basketball game!

Seriously this was hilarious. Including the game tying triple to go to OT and game winner in OT both by rookies. And I believe Primo and Thomas were the only 1st round picks on the floor. 

lol.thumb.PNG.d57952622ffa2f277c20218bd552793f.PNG

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

1-6 in their last seven and still percentage points ahead of the kings (16-27) and pels (15-26) at 15-25. I think Sac finishes ahead of them ultimately, although we should never underestimate the Kings ability to fuck themselves up. If that fatass Zion ever gets healthy, so should the Pels but there's not much hope in that happening. I think they are going to tank it.

Regardless, the Spurs aren't catching Detroit or Orlando (9 and 7 wins, respectively). They have an outside shot at OKC (13-27) but I don't think it's likely. I don't think they are catching Houston (11-31) either, but that's a big game tonight. Losing would be tough, but they have a shot depending on the status of KJ, Vassell and White. I think any game is losable with those three not playing, even against a team that is circling the drain as bad as the Rockets.

So lottery wise, I think they are looking at the 6 spot at best, which would give them a 39.5% chance at the top 4 and a 9.7% chance at the #1 pick. I could see them falling as low as 9 (20.3% chance top 4; 4.5% chance at #1). It would really surprise me if they finished ahead of Portland or Indiana, unless either or both of them decide to pull the plug on the season. Atlanta is right there at 17-22, but if they go from ECF to not making the playoffs somebody needs to get fired/traded. They have got to start playing better, I think.

Lottery Scenario:

1. Orlando
2. Detroit
3. Houston
4. OKC
5. NOLA
6. Spurs --- probably best hope
7. Sac
8. Indiana
9. Portland
9. Spurs --- probably worst case

Looking ahead... 7 game home stand and 12 out of 14 at home before the rodeo. This schedule is dumb but other than the Rockets (3x) and OKC, I doubt they are favored in any of those games outside of the Clippers and that's a big maybe on that one. Who knows what the hell is going to happen with the virus, but 5-9 would be good I think. 

Wed, Jan 12, 2022    8:30p                Houston Rockets                                
Fri, Jan 14, 2022    8:30p                Cleveland Cavaliers                                
Sat, Jan 15, 2022    8:30p                Los Angeles Clippers                                
Mon, Jan 17, 2022    8:30p                Phoenix Suns                                
Wed, Jan 19, 2022    8:30p                Oklahoma City Thunder                                
Fri, Jan 21, 2022    8:30p                Brooklyn Nets                                
Sun, Jan 23, 2022    7:00p                Philadelphia 76ers                                
Tue, Jan 25, 2022    8:00p            @    Houston Rockets                                
Wed, Jan 26, 2022    7:30p                Memphis Grizzlies                                
Fri, Jan 28, 2022    8:30p                Chicago Bulls                                
Sun, Jan 30, 2022    8:00p            @    Phoenix Suns                                
Tue, Feb 1, 2022    8:30p                Golden State Warriors                                
Thu, Feb 3, 2022    8:30p                Miami Heat                                
Fri, Feb 4, 2022    8:30p                Houston Rockets    

I assume Pop plans on sticking around with how much he plays Forbes. 

I mean - after Becky bolted I figured that meant that Pop wasn't done. But stuff like this sort of confirms it.

@Mitch Cumsteen gonna bust if we lose to this shitass Rockets team.

I do think we need to be careful about losing too much and altering the mindset of someone like DJ. I don't want him getting frustrated and beleaguered because we're in the fucking lottery every year. 

Great loss last night. I think my favorite part of the broadcast was when whoever was subbing for Sean said, "they really miss Drew Eubanks tonight." Honestly, it might have been the highlight of the season for me. 

That said, Dame having surgery puts Portland into complete free fall tank mode. I wasn't counting on that, so that's another ping pong ball competitor. Still, if they can botch up this home stand, which is off to a fantastic start, the rodeo will put nails into the coffin. Let's do this. 

You can say that twice.

I didn't understand the signing but now I'm kind of thinking he's the perfect self-sabatoge to not win too many games. 

And he is good from 3 - he just does almost nothing else. He's averaging 3.1 rebounds, assists, steals and blocks combined in 17 mpg. 

Edited by ztejas

• Mitch Cumsteen changed the title to San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling