Stockholm

Anastasis

- Stayed in the Stureplan area. Very rich and expensive area, but it's in the middle of everything. You might enjoy Gamla Stan (Old Town) better. Transit is good in Stockholm
- Sodermalm
- Monteliusvagen is nice at sunset
- Took a water taxi Fjäderholmarna. It's a nice boat ride to kill some time and get out of the city. Pretty decent brewery called Fjäderholmarnas Bryggeri, and a whiskey distillery close to each other.
- The Globe is kind of neat, but might not be worth your time if you are on a tight schedule
- Plenty to eat and drink wherever you go. Stureplan can be trendy and dress code at some places.

Edited by mycox
  • Like 1

Our daytime activities were Skansen outdoor museum (awesome place if weather is OK) and Old Town/palace tour. Also took a brief ferry tour just around the main harbor which was neat.

Best eating and drinking area we saw was the nearby Ostermalm neighborhood. Beautiful architecture, though the crowd had a bit of an uptown Dallas vibe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bartles said:

Best eating and drinking area we saw was the nearby Ostermalm neighborhood. Beautiful architecture, though the crowd had a bit of an uptown Dallas vibe.

I told my friend it felt like we were in Uptown Dallas, but worse. There are some low key places in the area though.

I’m there right now, actually...

Things I’ve enjoyed: Archipelago boat cruise, Swedish History Museum, The Palace (including the museum in the basement which is one of the oldest in Europe), The 1912 Olympic Stadium...

Havent really had any food that I’d rave about but honestly haven’t seeked it out either. Everything has been decent though. City is a lot more diverse than I expected... Eaten some kebabs and tapas that were good.

Leaving for 9 days in Norway tomorrow. Will post photos when I’m back in the states.