2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I'd say she's heading into the October debate with the target firmly on her back.  For once, Joe Biden is relieved. 

I dunno...If you want to score points by going after a candidate, Joe Biden is low hanging fruit. Elizabeth Warren is a little more of a gamble. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I dunno...If you want to score points by going after a candidate, Joe Biden is low hanging fruit. Elizabeth Warren is a little more of a gamble. 

I know you truly desire to see Liz Warren win the primary without being attacked, but she's the front runner or at a minimum, co-front runner now.  She's not going to win the primary without taking some flack.   That doesn't happen. 

If you truly think she's as great as you post about her,  she'll handle it deftly.  Let it happen.  Embrace it.  Relish it.  Either she gets hit in the chin and looks stupid (Biden in the 1st debate, Harris in the 2nd debate) or she slaps them out of the race. 

Just like Castro going at Biden or Tulsi at Harris,  the bottom tier candidates are going to try to get some bumps and some cash by going at her. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I know you truly desire to see Liz Warren win the primary without being attacked, but she's the front runner or at a minimum, co-front runner now.  She's not going to win the primary without taking some flack.   That doesn't happen. 

If you truly think she's as great as you post about her,  she'll handle it deftly.  Let it happen.  Embrace it.  Relish it.  Either she gets hit in the chin and looks stupid (Biden in the 1st debate, Harris in the 2nd debate) or she slaps them out of the race. 

Just like Castro going at Biden or Tulsi at Harris,  the bottom tier candidates are going to try to get some bumps and some cash by going at her. 

How many times do I have to say I want to see her attacked and challenged?   

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I’d rather a huge number spent online than tv - Facebook is dominated by pro Trump garbage 

I may have been mistaken, the $10M might be split between TV and online.

“Right now, our biggest expense as a campaign is our staff, but as the campaign heats up, it will be on media to reach potential voters," campaign manager Roger Lau wrote in a memo emailed to supporters Tuesday morning. The campaign "will be more digital than old-school broadcast television.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/09/24/elizabeth-warren-10-million-dollar-ad-buy-1508939

46 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Bernie surrogates continue to blame the media for equating Sanders and Warren, when the reality is Bernie's campaign has let her move in on his territory with no pushback. 

lmao.  The media would go apeshit if Bernie attacked Liz!, and in exchange Liz! would get even more fawning coverage while Bernie would be portrayed even more negatively than he currently is.  It would be 2016 all over again.

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Bernie campaign and supporters: "New strategy. Let's punch down."

Lots and lots of Bernie supporters who aren't poisoning their brains on twitter: I very much like Bernie and think he represents the working class the best, but Warren wouldn't be a bad second choice.

You sound like Hugo now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

Lots and lots of Bernie supporters who aren't poisoning their brains on twitter: I very much like Bernie and think he represents the working class the best, but Warren wouldn't be a bad second choice.

You sound like Hugo now.

Oh please. Sirota works for Bernie and Fozzz is coming in hot with McKinsey bullshit this morning. Just having some fun. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lmao.  The media would go apeshit if Bernie attacked Liz!, and in exchange Liz! would get even more fawning coverage while Bernie would be portrayed even more negatively than he currently is.  It would be 2016 all over again.

He doesn't need to "attack" her, just clearly show the differences between their policies and campaigns. 

Even staunchly pro-Bernie leftist media have taken it very easy on Warren. That will change soon, but it might be too late. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes? 

So, by that logic, all the other campaign attacks on one another is punching down. That's insane, going after their supporters is punching down, this is at best going after someone who clearly has pivoted to big moneyed interests and isn't trying to represent the majority of this country.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He doesn't need to "attack" her, just clearly show the differences between their policies and campaigns. 

Even staunchly pro-Bernie leftist media have taken it very easy on Warren. That will change soon, but it might be too late. 

I don't see how they could explicitly distinguish themselves in a manner that would be clear to the public and that would also not be interpreted as "attacking" by the media.  Were you around in 2016?  

So, by that logic, all the other campaign attacks on one another is punching down. That's insane, going after their supporters is punching down, this is at best going after someone who clearly has pivoted to big moneyed interests and isn't trying to represent the majority of this country.

A total of 94k from employees of four different companies with a max donation of $2800 is "pivoting to big moneyed interests"? He's raised over $32 million. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

A total of 94k from employees of four different companies with a max donation of $2800 is "pivoting to big moneyed interests"? He's raised over $32 million. 

Cool man, I don't know about you but I'm sure he's got this thumb on the pulse of working and middle class voters.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/giacomotognini/2019/08/05/here-are-the-democratic-presidential-candidates-with-the-most-donations-from-billionaires/#4f74dabb4c15

Edited by GSU&UT

Cool man, I don't know about you but I'm sure he's got this thumb on the pulse of working and middle class voters.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/giacomotognini/2019/08/05/here-are-the-democratic-presidential-candidates-with-the-most-donations-from-billionaires/#4f74dabb4c15

Through Q2, Pete raised around $16 million from small donations (less than $200). Warren $17 million, Bernie around $28 million. 

It's your right to assume Pete is being controlled by the big, bad billionaires. But the above is just a worn out talking point. 

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Through Q2, Pete raised around $16 million from small donations (less than $200). Warren $17 million, Bernie around $28 million. 

It's your right to assume Pete is being controlled by the big, bad billionaires. But the above is just a worn out talking point. 

The problem with Pete is it’s difficult for him to prove he’s not a sellout.  He doesn’t have a congressional voting record or any kind of history when he has millions of big money, private fundraiser dollars financing his campaign.  

You can believe in him and think he’s really in it for the greater good, which he could be but there’s nothing beyond his military and mayor record to point to as evidence.  And let’s be honest, the mayor and military service looks like perfunctory stepping stones for and insanely young, gifted, and ambitious human being.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

I don't see how they could explicitly distinguish themselves in a manner that would be clear to the public and that would also not be interpreted as "attacking" by the media.  Were you around in 2016?  

Wouldn't this mean either their platform isn't that unique, and/or they have a messaging and strategy problem?

Interesting. Since July, Harris has lost 10 points and Warren, Biden, and Sanders have picked up approximately 5.5, 2.5, and 2 points, respectively.  

Apply that same proportional pick-up to the 33% currently favoring the field, and the race would be sitting at (approximately):

Biden - 37.25

Warren - 38.75

Sanders - 24

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The problem with Pete is it’s difficult for him to prove he’s not a sellout.

but it's easy for others to prove that he is?

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You can believe in him and think he’s really in it for the greater good, which he could be but there’s nothing beyond his military and mayor record to point to as evidence.  And let’s bet honest, the mayor and military service looks like perfunctory stepping stones for and insanely young, gifted, and ambitious human being.

yes, shame on him for serving in the military and serving as a small town mayor as stepping stones to serving in higher offices.  i bet he just used harvard to get a good education and further his career prospects.  i fucking see you, pete.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

War on the media: Fighting for the working people against the corporate interests that dominate the media.

War in Afghanistan: Sitting at a desk driving a humvee while finding more efficient ways of finding/killing brown people whose country you are invading

same same

fixed.