Tell me about the University of Southern California

Zavala

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

And then there were two (UCLA and ND).

I don’t know if Texas has played any besides Sam Houston State in 2007 after Utah pulled out of a home and home late. The outcry from the UT fan base about the bullshit of that game was so great that Dodds had to address it publicly as a one time event. Del Conte stated this week that our strategy of P5/2G5 will remain intact going forward. Good on ND and UCLA for never doing it, but our circumstance via Utah is the only thing keeping us from that list. 

It’s fucking typical of the mismanagement of the program at USC that they’d be starting to talk about FCS schools just as numerous schools and conferences are talking about a P5 ban on playing FCS schools altogether if the playoffs expand. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know if Texas has played any besides Sam Houston State in 2007 after Utah pulled out of a home and home late. The outcry from the UT fan base about the bullshit of that game was so great that Dodds had to address it publicly as a one time event. Del Conte stated this week that our strategy of P5/2G5 will remain intact going forward. Good on ND and UCLA for never doing it, but our circumstance via Utah is the only thing keeping us from that list. 

It’s fucking typical of the mismanagement of the program at USC that they’d be starting to talk about FCS schools just as numerous schools and conferences are talking about a P5 ban on playing FCS schools altogether if the playoffs expand. 

north Texas state in 83, 88, and 92 when they were D1-AA the 83 might have an excuse that they had just dropped down and were D1-A in 1982 so it could have already been scheduled

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, floating that balloon is being tone deaf.  Just do it and blame scheduling.  But before you have committed to it is just going to create an uproar, and probably will prohibit it from happening.

44 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

north Texas state in 83, 88, and 92 when they were D1-AA the 83 might have an excuse that they had just dropped down and were D1-A in 1982 so it could have already been scheduled

That’s before my time. Didn’t realize that North Texas was ever below D1. That makes that game where we got a crazy call to win it in the 80’s even more embarrasing. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That’s before my time. Didn’t realize that North Texas was ever below D1. That makes that game where we got a crazy call to win it in the 80’s even more embarrasing. 

They never were below D1. They were what is today FCS. Tons of FBS equivalent schools have actually lost to FCS schools since then so chill. It is not like we were top 10 like Michigan was in 2007 when they lost to a FCS school. I mean Kansas loses to FCS schools practically every year.

Edited by Valmy77

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They never were below D1. They were what is today FCS. Tons of FBS equivalent schools have actually lost to FCS schools since then so chill. It is not like we were top 10 like Michigan was in 2007 when they lost to a FCS school. I mean Kansas loses to FCS schools practically every year.

I think he is saying he did not realize that north Texas state dropped down from D1-A to D1-AA from 1983 to 1994

3 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I think he is saying he did not realize that north Texas state dropped down from D1-A to D1-AA from 1983 to 1994

Then why was he so embarrassed by that game? Back then we were needing heroic comebacks to beat Rice, nearly losing to a D1-AA school shouldn't be surprising.

Now if it was a D2 school, then that would be something worth angst 31 years later.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Then why was he so embarrassed by that game? Back then we were needing heroic comebacks to beat Rice, nearly losing to a D1-AA school shouldn't be surprising.

Now if it was a D2 school, then that would be something worth angst 31 years later.

well it was at home and against a school that was so bad they had dropped down 5 years earlier.....sure Texas sucked most of those years, but still

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Why don’t you be dramatic, man? “So embarrassed”? I was like 9 when that happened. I don’t remember it and it’s of little consequence personally. The bottom line, however, is that Texas needed a crazy favorable call against a shitty team to win on the last play. It will never not be a small part of program legacy. No one is cutting themselves over it, and we all realize that other teams lose to FCS schools all the time.

That said, fuck your equivocation. I care about Texas and the rest doesn’t help. When Michigan lost to App State, it signaled the end of Carr’s era and a wandering through the wildnerness for a great program. They’ll never live the loss down and it comes up every year nationally. So, yeah, nice comp to “aid” in your fucking terrible point. 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why don’t you be dramatic, man? “So embarrassed”? I was like 9 when that happened. I don’t remember it and it’s of little consequence personally. The bottom line, however, is that Texas needed a crazy favorable call against a shitty team to win on the last play. It will never not be a small part of program legacy. No one is cutting themselves over it, and we all realize that other teams lose to FCS schools all the time.

That said, fuck your equivocation. I care about Texas and the rest doesn’t help. When Michigan lost to App State, it signaled the end of Carr’s era and a wandering through the wildnerness for a great program. They’ll never live the loss down and it comes up every year nationally. So, yeah, nice comp to “aid” in your fucking terrible point. 

Yeah but it's important to also note that Michigan can go fuck themselves. Really isn't said enough.

19 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

It didn't happen much up North because it wasn't possible.  Michigan (and for that matter the 'neighbors') for the longest time would not even schedule Eastern Michigan et al, much less a D1-aa/FCS school.  No games = no upsets.  The sport media by and large didn't follow the South and was barely aware of the long tradition that some lower division schools have.  One time Toledo beat Pitt and the papers acted like history had been made. 

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

Yeah but it's important to also note that Michigan can go fuck themselves. Really isn't said enough.

Sure

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/6/14/18650702/usc-football-2019-preview-schedule-roster

Since Carroll’s peak ended in 2008, USC’s existence has been one of brief bursts and steady slides. Helton didn’t invent this phenomenon.

Still, the rapidity of the regression is alarming, and again, it wasn’t just an offense problem last year.

Helton did make some intriguing moves. Harrell might not be Kingsbury (yet), but he proved quite a bit at North Texas, and if the defensive issues were due more to all the shuffling in the back eight, and not any major structural or tactical issues, then maybe things will end up alright there. The turnover in the back is alarming, though.

Helton is coaching for his job, and hoo boy, is the schedule packed with possible anxiety. The Trojans face nine games projected within one score, including each of the first four games of the year (Fresno State, Stanford, at BYU, Utah).

With just a little bit of variation in play, the Trojans could be 4-0 or 1-3 when they head to Washington on September 28. If Harrell’s offense finds its rhythm quickly, a 10-win season is all sorts of conceivable. If it doesn’t, or if the defense falls off of an inexperience-driven cliff, 4-8 is on the table as well.

Have fun with that, Trojan fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Creep at a University....

"George Tyndall, the gynecologist accused of sexual misconduct toward hundreds of USC students, was arrested Wednesday and charged with committing more than two dozen felonies at the campus clinic where he practiced for decades."

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-george-tyndall-arrest-usc-sexual-abuse-20190626-story.html 

Dr. George Tyndall, 72, was charged in Los Angeles Superior Court with 29 felony counts of sexual penetration and sexual battery by fraud in a scandal that has already resulted in a $215 million civil settlement in federal court.

The 16 patients he is criminally charged with assaulting ranged in age from 17 to 29 and were allegedly violated by Tyndall at the downtown Los Angeles university's student health center between 2009 and 2016, prosecutors said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2019-06-26/ex-usc-gynecologist-arrested-in-los-angeles-amid-sexual-misconduct-probe

Edited by LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

"George Tyndall, the gynecologist accused of sexual misconduct toward hundreds of USC students, was arrested Wednesday and charged with committing more than two dozen felonies at the campus clinic where he practiced for decades."

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-george-tyndall-arrest-usc-sexual-abuse-20190626-story.html 

Dr. George Tyndall, 72, was charged in Los Angeles Superior Court with 29 felony counts of sexual penetration and sexual battery by fraud in a scandal that has already resulted in a $215 million civil settlement in federal court.

The 16 patients he is criminally charged with assaulting ranged in age from 17 to 29 and were allegedly violated by Tyndall at the downtown Los Angeles university's student health center between 2009 and 2016, prosecutors said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2019-06-26/ex-usc-gynecologist-arrested-in-los-angeles-amid-sexual-misconduct-probe

It's the same creep they have been dealing with complaints/claims on, but they have a lot of them over there.  The settlement will be in the hundreds of millions.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:20 AM, Sbbruin said:

It's the same creep they have been dealing with complaints/claims on, but they have a lot of them over there.  The settlement will be in the hundreds of millions.

I noticed that Penn State and Michigan State scandals spawned years of outrage.  However Ohio State and USC get covered in a footnote.  

I guess the first two numbed us to this type of scandal.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:03 PM, LTtxfan said:

Oh wow, imagine for a second that Louglins daughters had been part of this.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Machinator said:

They actually did it.

Jesus Christ. Throw their whole athletic administration into a dumpster. Why break that honestly pretty cool record for UC fucking Davis.

Maybe the oenology department is sending some free cases of Screaming Eagle down south or something.

Edited by texifornia

On 7/12/2019 at 3:06 PM, texifornia said:

Jesus Christ. Throw their whole athletic administration into a dumpster. Why break that honestly pretty cool record for UC fucking Davis.

Maybe the oenology department is sending some free cases of Screaming Eagle down south or something.

yea I mean it is not like they couldn't schedule another game with SJSU......or UConn, NMSU, half the MAC

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sears coulda gone to UCLA.  Sucks to be you.

SC defrauds restaurateurs at its University Village.  Not surprising.  Being in commercial RE, seems like 7-% of people in this biz are trojans, and you can't trust a one of 'em.

https://la.eater.com/2019/8/27/20826909/usc-college-food-scandal-defraud-restaurants-news-allegations

14 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Is Bru alive?

I am not sure he can play this year after participating with Texas for a couple of weeks

and 17-10 USC now Fresno had a nice drive with a short field hopefully that gave them some confidence

their D needs to step up though

GH has been calling a pretty good game so far on offense......Kliff probably fucked up going pro, but he was always going to be a shitty college coach hating recruiting (much less the fact he was stupid enough to publicly admit that)