2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

i'm looking for an OF. I have a couple of OF (Piscotty and Castellanos) who have started slowly but have solid track records of being top 20 production guys who are still in their prime  (and to be fair both are currently ranked in the top 25 of OF despite the slow starts), and while I'm willing to wait on them to come around  I'm also willing to sell low right now. I have a pretty solid pitching staff, both starters and relievers, so what i'm looking for is either a straight trade of a pitcher for an OF, or a 2-for-1 where I give a P and an OF for an OF. Nobody is off limits- Corbin, Hader, Lyles, Smith, etc- holler at me if you're in the market.

17 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i'm looking for an OF. I have a couple of OF (Piscotty and Castellanos) who have started slowly but have solid track records of being top 20 production guys who are still in their prime  (and to be fair both are currently ranked in the top 25 of OF despite the slow starts), and while I'm willing to wait on them to come around  I'm also willing to sell low right now. I have a pretty solid pitching staff, both starters and relievers, so what i'm looking for is either a straight trade of a pitcher for an OF, or a 2-for-1 where I give a P and an OF for an OF. Nobody is off limits- Corbin, Hader, Lyles, Smith, etc- holler at me if you're in the market.

i'm not gonna get involved in this conversation, but i can't be the only one who's noticed the rankings when you click on the player are totally borked this year, right?

http://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/playerrater?leagueId=1801

fantasycast has a lot of qualities that i find horrifying, but my favorite one has got to be the simulated flight path of a batted ball when i have the gamecast open.

it doesn't do a very good job of letting me know if it's a hit or fly out or long out or double off the wall.  and it's certainly not fooling me into thinking i'm watching something resembling live baseball.

i miss the old one so much.  it's really starting to ruin fantasy baseball for me.

• Like 1

fantasycast has a lot of qualities that i find horrifying, but my favorite one has got to be the simulated flight path of a batted ball when i have the gamecast open.
it doesn't do a very good job of letting me know if it's a hit or fly out or long out or double off the wall.  and it's certainly not fooling me into thinking i'm watching something resembling live baseball.
i miss the old one so much.  it's really starting to ruin fantasy baseball for me.

Agreed. I’ve stopped watching the stats live.

2 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Anyone having roster problems? Won’t let me add, won’t let me edit lineup. Keeps saying Transaction type can only be executed in future scoring periods 

Nevermind. When in doubt a hard reset of the phone will always fix it. 

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

nobody is ever satisfied with the amount of teams or roster spots or pitching stats we use

i'm content with everything the way it is now.

if we had 2 willing teams wanting to join, i'm down for that.

i'm happy with the amount of roster spots we have currently.  i find myself having to make tough decisions on pickups multiple times per week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm trying to make moves (with someone other than derka because i know i could make 5 trades with him in the next 5 days if i wanted) and none of you are cooperating. 

your offer to me overlapped with my mookie deal so it negated around the time you sent it.

someone asked me why we need more roster spots and/or teams. well, in the last two and a half weeks the likes of Jay Bruce, Lo Cain, and Byron Buxton have all been dropped/added, even with 4 OF slots per team. somebody dropped brandon woodruff just before that. dansby swanson is mashing and he's been added/dropped three times in the last three weeks because nobody can even find room for him on their bench, injuries and all.

our league is currently at a place where guys who absolutely should be rostered are being dropped left and right because nobody has room for them. i don't care if we add mor teams or more bench slots, but right now the talent pool is way too deep imo. to me it evens the playing field and takes away from actual managing skill when there's just a wealth of talent available at all times. 

Edited by Goo Punch

someone asked me why we need more roster spots and/or teams. well, in the last two and a half weeks the likes of Jay Bruce, Lo Cain, and Byron Buxton have all been dropped/added, even with 4 OF slots per team. somebody dropped brandon woodruff just before that. dansby swanson is mashing and he's been added/dropped three times in the last three weeks because nobody can even find room for him on their bench, injuries and all.
our league is currently at a place where guys who absolutely should be rostered are being dropped left and right because nobody has room for them. i don't care if we add mor teams or more bench slots, but right now the talent pool is way too deep imo. to me it evens the playing field and takes away from actual managing skill when there's just a wealth of talent available at all times. 

I’m good with adding two more teams. But I also think that’s the beauty of this league. Constantly having to make choices about who to drop instead of stashing 7 players on the bench and riding out the rollercoaster.

derka loves to find talent on the waiver wire and package it into deals.  i've been doing that all season.  really surprising to see this stance.

i understand there needs to be some sort of balance between roster spots and talent available, but considering the amount of injuries, i think we're at a good place.  there are a lot of add/drops, and a decent amount of trades.

once all the talent is rostered, people don't make trades, because they have depth.  then players/talent goes wasted on benches, instead of fulfilling its potential.

why don't you want these players to fulfill their potential?!  stop crushing dreams!

• Like 2