2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

send me a counter so i know who you want.

also, ftr, i understand not loving the name, but at some point you got to give some respect to a guy who is eligible at 3 positions and who has been out-producing like 1/3 of the top 25 or so draft picks all season. he's on pace right now for 33 HR and 120 RBI with 100+ runs scored, batting .325. Ive got him starting at 3B until Jose "Rip van Winkel" Ramirez wakes up (please be soon), and i'm enjoying the production. and again, being eligible at 3 positions is huge. just saying.

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

also, ftr, i understand not loving the name, but at some point you got to give some respect to a guy who is eligible at 3 positions and who has been out-producing like 1/3 of the top 25 or so draft picks all season. he's on pace right now for 33 HR and 120 RBI with 100+ runs scored, batting .325. Ive got him starting at 3B until Jose "Rip van Winkel" Ramirez wakes up (please be soon), and i'm enjoying the production. and again, being eligible at 3 positions is huge. just saying.

I do, thats why Assdribble Cabrera is on my roster.

and before anyone pops off at the mouth at me, i was saying the same exact stuff about Mike Moustakas earlier this year, and he's only got 21 bombs in 61 games played, and is currently on pace for 60+ HR, 130+ RBI, and 130+ R. so i've been enjoying his production at multiple positions as well. 

AND, finally, same thing goes for Howie as did Schoop- i'm not trying to move him because i think he sucks, i just don't have room for him to start every day with Freddie Freeman, Moose, Jose, and Vladdy occupying his positions. he's simply surplus for my team.

Edited by Goo Punch

3 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

hard to believe with all those studs you arent a little higher in the standings.

yeah no shit, you're preaching to the choir. good thing it's a marathon and not a sprint. 

C Realmuto

1B Freeman 

2B Moose

3B Jose/Vlad

SS Xander (just had to move DiDi because of this)

That's pretty much as good as an IF gets. And my OF is pretty stacked to boot. motherfuckers  need to start playing like it. 

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

people have seen him on the waiver wire, and you just picked him up.  just saying.

22 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

yeah no shit, you're preaching to the choir. good thing it's a marathon and not a sprint. 

C Realmuto

1B Freeman 

2B Moose

3B Jose/Vlad

SS Xander (just had to move DiDi because of this)

That's pretty much as good as an IF gets. And my OF is pretty stacked to boot. motherfuckers  need to start playing like it. 

once altuve gets back, i'll make my case.

in the meantime, my killer b outfield is fully operational.

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

people have seen him on the waiver wire, and you just picked him up.  just saying.

and we've covered how much talent is out there on that waiver wire. every team in this league has one or two absolute studs they've grabbed off the waiver wire this year, and damn near every team in this league seems to have injury issues, so again, the 3-position eligibility helps. just saying. 

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

and we've covered how much talent is out there on that waiver wire. every team in this league has one or two absolute studs they've grabbed off the waiver wire this year, and damn near every team in this league seems to have injury issues, so again, the 3-position eligibility helps. just saying. 

i agree.  i'm just explaining why his trade value isn't all that and a bag of jalepeno kettle chips.

if he ends the season hitting .325 with 33 homers and 120 rbi you can have my car.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i agree.  i'm just explaining why his trade value isn't all that and a bag of jalepeno kettle chips.

if he ends the season hitting .325 with 33 homers and 120 rbi you can have my car.

lol deal. and tbf it's not like i'm trying to trade him for Mookie straight up or something. he's a serviceable player who, even with some natural projected regression is having/on pace to have a really nice season.

19 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

when i look at guys like that i just think about their season ending numbers, and then figure out how much of that production i'm actually gonna see.

i do the same thing, but then i'm not always right when i do that. i've made the mistake in recent years of trading guys who i thought we're playing way over their heads, when it turned out they weren't. maybe he's this year's nick markakis. there's a couple of em every year. 

i just looked at league transactions and two trades have gone thru recently - i didn't get an email for either.
is this happening to anyone else?

I have the league attached to my gmail account, and for some reason, the notifications end up in my Promotions tab.

17 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i just looked at league transactions and two trades have gone thru recently - i didn't get an email for either.

is this happening to anyone else?

i use my phone/the app, but i did notice that several guys who are on my watch list got dropped recently without my normal notification. 

23 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm just concerned about getting email notifications in general.  

can someone send me a stupid one-sided trade just to see if i get an email?

one-sided towards you, obviously.  i'm not going to accept it.

just sent you one i think you're really gonna like.

good game, phil.

but it's time to pay the piper.

in the friendly spirit with which the bet was placed, i will not take your money.  instead, i would like you to make a $100 donation to pete buttigieg for president.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/pete-buttigieg-announcement-day?refcode=website

you can just send me the receipt.  and hey, it's tax deductible.

pleasure doing business with you.

killer b's, watch your six.

Yeah I'm glad I got off to a rip-roaring start.  Injuries and cold streaks have been no bueno.  

I retired my team name once I cut bait with Justin Smoak.  I'm just bitter because my chosen team name arguably made me choose to drop Ausitn Meadows over Smoak...terrible fucking move.  Terrible.

Tyler Glasnow, please come back healthy.  Thanks.

also, announcement: all of my players are on the block all of the time. that's how i've ended up trading away the likes of charlie blackmon, jake odorizzi, and and Josh Hader this year. you want these types of good players come and get em.

Edited by Goo Punch