Best Burger in Texas (and each state)

Both Tacos

1 minute ago, futureman said:

nope.  you want your bacon crispy and your burger rare.  your method fails both requirements. 

I'm assuming you haven't had it.  It's great.  They go to medium well with it on account of the bacon.  The bacon gets done enough, and the grease seeps into the patty to keep the beef moist.  

On 2/26/2020 at 4:25 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

So, our next DisneyWorld jaunt is next fall, and I just realized, I have never had a burger at Disney. All the meals I have eaten there, and not one single, solitary burger.

Any recs? I'm guessing the 50s themed diner in the Hollywood park is probably the best they've got?

Sorry for the necropost but in general they're awful and I tried almost all of them when I worked there. The Kobe Beef Burger at Yak Yeti is my favorite, but it isn't anything that great.

21 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm assuming you haven't had it.  It's great.  They go to medium well with it on account of the bacon.  The bacon gets done enough, and the grease seeps into the patty to keep the beef moist.  

beef should never be medium-well, under any circumstance 

4 hours ago, Covri said:

Mayo on a meatloaf sandwich? I like Mayo but that does not sound good. Meatloaf sandwich probably the only thing left I’d use ketchup on and it would be WB spicy ketchup.

I like to make meatloaf on Saturday so I can have a mayo and meatloaf sandwich for lunch on Sunday

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

It’s been done. Bacon in Austin had the 50/50. But he is right, mixing it in prevents proper cooking of the burger and always results in a Gray overcooked hockey puck.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My son and I were bored and hungry yesterday so we drove to Katy and ate at Willy Burger.  Burger was outstanding and the onion rings were good, but come on at least make an effort on the fries.

The fries aren’t bad they’re just the weak link at a simply fantastic burger joint. 

A new contender: Pecan House Grill in San Saba.  Half pound standard burger on a brioche bun (always questionable, IMHO) but cooked exactly as I asked.  The thing is, they have the best onion rings I’ve ever eaten!  Lightly breaded, not greasy, onion itself cooked but not overcooked.