Goo Punch

Happy Endings- the sitcom we deserved but couldn't have

I named several fantasy teams after this show. Breezy Acres won a Shaggy Fantasy Baseball title iirc.

and look here's the scoop on this show: it's too smartly written and fast paced to ever last on network TV. if that sounds good to you then go give it a try on hulu.

i just went to youtube and typed in "happy endings guns for subs" and got absolutely nothing. ridiculous. 

also, how's this for a line up of guest stars, all as parents of main characters:

Damon Wayans

Megan Mullaley

Michael McKean

also Ed Begley Jr makes a hilarious guest appearance. 

29 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

and look here's the scoop on this show: it's too smartly written and fast paced to ever last on network TV. if that sounds good to you then go give it a try on hulu.

Truth. The League, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Veep, and a bunch of others would've never made it on network TV.  FX would've been perfect for Happy Endings. 

"How did you not know that was a dress?"

"I had my suspicions. But the price was right, and Daddy likes a deep tuck." 

I thought 'Friends from College' on Netflix (cancelled after 2 seasons) was a solid watch for those that are fans of this show.  Pretty similar plot.  Definitely not as good but had its moments.

"Picked up my knitting again, and you betta believe i don't stick to the conventional stitches. I guess you could say I'm a...knitter with attitude."

"Well here is the greatest gift of all."

"Are these the Glengarry leads?!"

"No. Those are for closers, you child."

first of all, i should just post a link to the entire episode of s3 "in the heat of the noche".

but the opening scene...

hey max, you think i could bum a bowl of cereal?  haven't had a carb in four years, feeling nostalgic...

oh, i remember that crouton.  you named it sonia.

(she eats a big scoop of cereal)

ooooh, would not eat that cereal, it came with the apartment.

(she almost vomits in the sink and tries to drink out of the faucet)

oooooh, would not drink that water, pipes are rabid with tetanus.

(she grabs a vodka bottle to chug)

oooohhh, that is not vodka, it's a water sample i'm collecting in my lawsuit against the building.

that whole episode is fucking golden.

ok fuck it i found it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RDqo8gWwE

won't embed, but you know, it works.

brad, can i call you brad?  

better than yesterday when you called me reggie.

okay, terry, so i looked through your books - which are actually just young adult novels you've shoved receipts into.  and technically speaking, we're in some deep deuce. 

hey, look at that. I did have snake insurance.

terry, this is just the back of a jury summons that says, "'like a good neighbor, snake farm is there' would be a great slogan for a snake insurance company.

nochetussin.  my mom got it from mexico because it's discontinued in the states.  and in mexico.  which is why the mexicans smuggle it from nicaragua.  where it's also illegal.  it's made in libya in a neighborhood of tripoli called "little mexico".

warning: good luck.

“It was 2002, it was such a crazy time. We were all still reeling from the events surrounding the film Vanilla Sky. I mean, what was reality?”

“I’m so tired of people using the events of Vanilla Sky to defend everything!”

haven't seen this thread before, but only recently started back up reading this forum. 

Am proud I watched Happy Endings in real time, start to finish, and it actually was an obscure show that both my wife and I were into when we met

It's fucking phenomenal. One of the funniest shows ever. 

I always think of this when I think of Happy Endings, and it's like not even one of the top 1000 funniest moments. 

i mistook the first guy’s baby for a dog.  other highlights: i forcibly tried on a guy’s shoe, showed a lady my stomach, and then peed on a guy.  granted, it was at the urinal after the interview, but still, it was...penis water.