DirecTV and Uverse dropped CBS Sports Network

Pogo

If you can't easily figure out a way to stream any sports event you care about, I don't know what to tell you

There's always options but recently I have been using yoursports.stream. you can stream just about anything (usually home and away feeds), no ads, rarely buffers. Shit you can stream 4 games at once in a grid. It's the shit (for now anyway). They even have a shit ton of cable tv stations.

CBS is a stupid stupid company. Forcing shows to CBS All Access only, and demanding more money from cable companies to carry their local cbs affiliates. AT&T just dropped the local chicago CBS affiliate because they did not want to pay the money as they'd have to raise costs.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:09 AM, Etexhorn13 said:

$50 for PlayStation Vue with their sports package solves all these problems. 

We will switch from Hulu LiveTV to PSV whenever games are on LHN, but we like the DVR on Hulu better the rest of the time. The layout of PSV requires fewer clicks to navigate, but their DVR is annoyingly bad. Hulu isn't without shortcomings , but it’s better than PSV.  

7 hours ago, Cathy Civensky said:

I am fed up with Direct TV. Most of the network shows I watch are on CBS. Also in September NFL games begin. If this nonsense continues until then, Im dropping Direct TV and leaving the satelite service I've had for almost 30 years. Your customer service is a joke. 

I hope you’re not talking about their terribad lineup of dramas and sitcoms. We find maybe one show on each of the 4 major networks that is tolerable. 

47 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I hope you’re not talking about their terribad lineup of dramas and sitcoms. We find maybe one show on each of the 4 major networks that is tolerable. 

All we miss without the local CBS affiliate is Wheel of Fortune. So I’m old but not old enough to watch the rest of that crap on CBS

7 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I've been thinking about dumping ATT for either Youtube or Hulu+Live TV, however then I'll still need an internet provider. 

I dumped Uverse TV for Playstation Vue. When I called Uverse to dump the cable and keep the internet, the retention folks actually increased my internet package for less than I was paying for internet previously so long as I kept the most standard, basic, TV package they offer. No HD, like 10 cable channels.

I never even turn it on, use PSVue for everything. Net savings replacing Uverse TV with PSVue of about $60 per month. 

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

This happens before every. football. season. 

It's a negotiation. They'll get it sorted out magically just in time for football. 

Could be true, but I have Dish and we haven't had HBO since November.  AT&T seems hellbent on ruining cable and satellite television.  They might succeed if they don't get broken up.

Edited by kevwun

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

Could be true, but I have Dish and we haven't had HBO since November.  AT&T seems hellbent on ruining cable and satellite television.  They might succeed if they don't get broken up.

Man I loved dish...had no problems with them.  But when they dropped HBO I called and complained and they sent me a damn free Roku and said I could subscribe to it that way. Same $15 cost as I would have paid Dish themselves...and I got a free Roku out of it(which I kept when I switched services). Was worth it for me.

42 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I solved it the same way, but I bought my Roku.  Never thought to try to get one out of Dish.  Did they give you a Roku stick or the bigger model?

It's definitely not he stick.  has the HDMI cord going to a small box, that has a cord to plug in.

I said I was going to cancel because they didn't have HBO for Game of Thrones, and they said they'd send me one free.  I was expecting the cheap little stick, but it seems to work really well.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:57 PM, Blotto said:

If you can't easily figure out a way to stream any sports event you care about, I don't know what to tell you

There's always options but recently I have been using yoursports.stream. you can stream just about anything (usually home and away feeds), no ads, rarely buffers. Shit you can stream 4 games at once in a grid. It's the shit (for now anyway). They even have a shit ton of cable tv stations.

Went to check this out, they're asking for email info.  I've never streamed anything where I had to give email info.  What exactly am I registering for there?

6 hours ago, kevwun said:

giphy.gif

9 months.  Sounds like it ain't coming back.  Had no idea.

AT&T lost almost 1 million subscribers last quarter. They’ll be out of the cable business before they can do too much damage.

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

Went to check this out, they're asking for email info.  I've never streamed anything where I had to give email info.  What exactly am I registering for there?

Huh.....strange. I haven't, nor would I provide an email (unless it was a throwaway). I just go to the site and watch. I have noticed maybe 1 time in 10, I will get a pop-up ad that my ad blocker doesnt catch, so perhaps that is what you saw. You definitely don't need to log-in or sign up. Or at least I don't.