All time NFL players by number

tbone_

84 - Randy Moss

Teams: Minnesota Vikings, Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots, Tennessee Titans, San Francisco 49ers

Career accolades: Pro Football Hall of Famer, six-time Pro Bowler

Also considered: Antonio Brown, Shannon Sharpe, Sterling Sharpe

Moss led the league in touchdown receptions five times in his career, including a record-setting 23 TD catches in 2007.

I remember being a super Cowboys homer and trying to justify to my friends the day after the draft why it was smart we didn't take him.

#28 is tough. I think I would have to go with Green over Faulk, in part because I hate the offensive bias inherent in many of these type of lists.

#60, I'd go with Nobis over Bednarik.

#65, I like my young-self favorite Elvin Bethea over Zimmerman.

#75 is another tough one, but I like their choice in Mean Joe Greene.

Overall, it's amazing how obvious most of these are.

13 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Tomlinson over Deion 

Not a fan of deion off the field and really wasn't thrilled when he became a Cowboy, but I have nothing but mad respect for his game.

He changed the NFL on a couple of levels.  He dominated to a degree Tomlinson never approached.

Edited by Iceman

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

Not a fan of deion off the field and really wasn't thrilled when he became a Cowboy, but I have nothing but mad respect for his game.

He changed the NFL on a couple of levels.  He dominated to a degree Tomlinson never approached.

If you can get to the hall of fame as a defender, and you openly refused to tackle people you are the greatest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Deion was amazing, no doubt, but Lulz at the idea that Deion dominated to a degree that Tomlinson never approached. People forget how fucking incredible LaDainian was. 

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Deion was amazing, no doubt, but Lulz at the idea that Deion dominated to a degree that Tomlinson never approached. People forget how fucking incredible LaDainian was. 

LT was a great RB.  He is not even arguably in the Top 5 alltime at his position.

Deion made offense coordinators weep for mercy.  He fucked their shit all up.  And this side of Dick Lane, nobody else is in the realistic discussion of best alltime CB with Deion.

If you can get to the hall of fame as a defender, and you openly refused to tackle people you are the greatest. 

If Deon wasn’t such a good returner, he wouldn’t be in the Hall or have been that feared. Why more teams didn’t line up and run right at him all day is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

If Deon wasn’t such a good returner, he wouldn’t be in the Hall or have been that feared. Why more teams didn’t line up and run right at him all day is beyond me.

Because running laterally in the NFL on a frequent basis is pure idiocy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

This is fucking retarded...

You are aware of where the CB lines up right you don't really run at him as much as toward him and you want to get fired fast, field a lateral running offense in the NFL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Jim Brown

Barry Sanders

Walter Payton

Emmitt Smith

Marshall Faulk

who ya kicking off?

What's your criteria exactly? Faulk is the easy one to kick off, but really only Emmitt compares to Tomlinson's all around production. Fucking guy had 100 catches in a season and holds the record for rushing touchdowns in a season as well. 

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Mofo had 53 INTs  and 9 Defensive TDs. Most of time QBs sat there in a puddle of piss and avoided throwing his direction..

Would love to see some stats on Targets and catches allowed by alltime DBs.  Deion shut people the fuck down.

10 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

What's your criteria exactly? Faulk is the easy one to kick off, but really only Emmitt compares to Tomlinson's all around production. Fucking guy had 100 catches in a season and holds the record for rushing touchdowns in a season as well. 

Marshall Faulk and Larry Centers both had more career receptions that LT.  Tomlinson doesn't make the Top 50 in alltime receptions. Larry Centers and Eric Metcalf are the only RBs in the top 250 alltime in receiving yardage.

Edited by Iceman

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

The fact they listed Steve Young as a 3-Time Super Bowl champion when he only started in 1 super bowl is pretty laughable.  Yay!  You won two sitting behind Joe Montana!!

San Fran had two hall of fame QBs on those teams.  And either would have won those games.  San Fran didn’t drop off with Steve Young.  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

San Fran had two hall of fame QBs on those teams.  And either would have won those games.  San Fran didn’t drop off with Steve Young.  

Steve Young was not winning against Cincy that early in his career.  He may have beaten Denver.  

Calling him a 3 time Super Bowl winner when he actually won 1 due to his actually playing is a bit ludicrous.  

23 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Marshall Faulk and Larry Centers both had more career receptions that LT.  Tomlinson doesn't make the Top 50 in alltime receptions. Larry Centers and Eric Metcalf are the only RBs in the top 250 alltime in receiving yardage.

Tomlinson was still a massive receiving threat. He's second in rushing TDs and third in total TDs. He's sixth in rushing yards. He's better than Faulk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’d work hard too if my belief system were a shade above Scientologists. 

Or if you knew you and your 12 wives and 13 brothers could create the next pyramid scheme that every Facebook addicted stay at home Socrates would buy into to sell their other stay at home Plato’s up river. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Johnny’s a good shit, so I don’t bust his chops too much. But he has a faint port-a-potty smell being from Houston.  And he just insulted 8-ball. 

I feel bad for insulting him.  must be really hard clinging to those glory days of dan pastorini.