Cowboys vs Dolphins

Vic Mackey

Oh, man, I hate when they run on first down and pop a big gain like that.

They do. It’s just not efficient offense to run on first down all the time is all. Of course they’ll break a few, especially today...but against saints and packers they’ll be looking for it.

7 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I wouldn’t put money on that. 

Dammit Dak he’s wide open. No need to fire a gunshot 

I would, here's the definition: 

"Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball."

Note the "or playing the ball". If you're going for the ball, you are therefore not targeting the player. So like said, it's not possible.

Not only are you wrong, you're beating a dead horse about it. You need to:
giphy.gif

So you ignoring all the stats and evidence that say a 1st down run is the least efficient play in football? The cowboys stall and/or struggled to move the ball then they run on first for minimal gain. Sure it works against the Dolphins D but it won’t work against good defenses.

Yes I’m beating a dead horse because it’s a tendency that needs to go away.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

So you ignoring all the stats and evidence that say a 1st down run is the least efficient play in football? The cowboys stall and/or struggled to move the ball then they run on first for minimal gain. Sure it works against the Dolphins D but it won’t work against good defenses.

They are setting up play action. If Kellen doesn't follow up with some first down PAPs, then you've got a point. But you started bitching from the very first series.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

No. 

You run on first down to keep ahead of the chains, and establish a rhythm. Then once they've gotten comfortable with running on 1st down every time you hit em with the playaction deep.

Nice little run after catch.

Re running on first down - when you've got a RB like Zeke and you're pretty sure you're guaranteed four or five yards (depends on who you're playing), running on first is a good tactic. Totally opens up the options on second and third down.

And it's great for setting up play action on first.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch