Arsenal FC

skipperj

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Fucking missed the match, stupid day job. Is there somewhere I can stream it?

What do we think of the Napoli draw? I mean what the fuck do the Italians know about soccer?

man the draw was wack as fuck. chelsea got the easiest possible draw and we got the hardest possible draw. fuck it, we'll win em all anyway.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Fucking missed the match, stupid day job. Is there somewhere I can stream it?

What do we think of the Napoli draw? I mean what the fuck do the Italians know about soccer?

Napoli is currently second in Serie A.  They are likely the toughest out left. 

yeah this draw sucks. and Napoli's stadium/atmosphere is no joke. a Gooner from Naples has already gone online pleading with traveling Gooners to heed his instructions (do not take local public transit, do not wear Arsenal heat in public, so not take the scenic route to the stadium, do not walk anywhere alone, etc). they take this shit way more seriously than we do. that first match could be brutal. 

On 3/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, Goo Punch said:

yeah this draw sucks. and Napoli's stadium/atmosphere is no joke. a Gooner from Naples has already gone online pleading with traveling Gooners to heed his instructions (do not take local public transit, do not wear Arsenal heat in public, so not take the scenic route to the stadium, do not walk anywhere alone, etc). they take this shit way more seriously than we do. that first match could be brutal. 

I was at Ribalta in NYC last week and the place was showing Napoli v. Juve.  Of course, it was like a bowl game crowd (ex-pats with money, in this case) but everyone went nuts when they played this on the PA.  

Napoli had a guy sent off and ended up getting their asses kicked.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mr. littlejeans said:

so, ozil started?

Actually, he did.  

In a relatively tame contest, tempers did flair on the touchline late on as Silva and Unai Emery had a heated altercation following a mistimed challenge by Shkodran Mustafi on Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Mesut Ozil, who had been withdrawn shortly before the tackle in question, was also involved as he appeared to throw his coat in Silva's direction.

"Football is emotional. He wants the best for his team, I want the best for mine. At the end we spoke together and everything is normal," Silva told BBC Sport.

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Fat Drake on a really suspect red

Deeney's foul was not vicious or particularly dangerous, but foolish and unnecessary.

He chased down Torreira deep in the Arsenal half and after the Uruguayan had passed the ball threw his forearm into his opponent's face.

Deeney said Arsenal lacked "cojones" after Watford won this fixture last season, adding that "whenever I play against Arsenal, I'll go up and think, 'let me whack the first one and see who wants it'". He may not have had those comments on his mind tonight but they will likely amuse Arsenal fans.

Following the red card, Watford were far superior and in the final 20 minutes it was they who were pressing for an equaliser, rather than Arsenal looking likely to score a second goal.