Arsenal FC

skipperj

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

That was hot. The players look stoked. Dare I allow myself some optimism over the Unai Era?

I'm cautiously hopeful without being unrealistically optimistic.  I'll need to see some wins against the top teams before I get too excited.  That said, good teams take full points from lesser opponents without fail, and it's definitely nice to see that happening.  It was frequently disappointing to assume three points in Wenger's last several seasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ozil will deservedly get the plaudits for that one, but I'm on the Iwobi train now.  He gave the ball away twice to start the game, and then proceeded to straight roast defenders right and left for the rest of the game while getting back and putting in a great shift defensively.  More of that please.

Ozil will deservedly get the plaudits for that one, but I'm on the Iwobi train now.  He gave the ball away twice to start the game, and then proceeded to straight roast defenders right and left for the rest of the game while getting back and putting in a great shift defensively.  More of that please.

my sleep is all messed up and i went to bed about 90 minutes before kickoff, and then immediately spoiled the game for myself when i woke up and checked my espn app out of habit. damn it sucks not seeing this game as it happened, but watching the highlights and reading about it has been great.

iwobi continues to ball out of control, and ozick was sublime tonight. loving the momentum we're building, and i can't wait to start taking on the teams that are still ahead of us on the table. 

Full Match Highlights (& article) thanks to NBCSN: https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/10/22/arsenal-3-1-leicester-city-ozil-conjures-magic-in-gunners-victory/

Arsenal's final goal was straight up the soccer version of the Los Angeles Lakers' fast break in the mid 1980s.

It was an absolute thing of beauty.

This might be the straight video link: https://vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsports_embed/select/media/44w08coUYgeF?autoPlay=false

• Like 1