Arsenal FC

skipperj

Coaching staff confirmed.

Unai will be joined by First Team Assistant Head Coach, Juan Carlos Carcedo; First Team Assistant Head Coach, Steve Bould; First Team Coach, Pablo Villanueva; Director of High Performance, Darren Burgess; Strength and Conditioning Coach, Julen Masach; Goalkeeping Coach, Javi Garcia; Goalkeeping Coach, Sal Bibbo and Data/Video Analyst, Victor Manas.

Arsenal Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis said: “Unai has a very strong and talented team and I’m delighted that they are joining us. I’m also pleased that Steve Bould, Sal Bibbo and Darren Burgess will continue their work with us. As we go through this period of change, we need to retain some continuity and they have an important role to play.”

First team coaches Neil Banfield, Tony Colbert, Jens Lehmann, Gerry Peyton and Boro Primorac; Head of Medical Services, Colin Lewin; Physiotherapists Andy Rolls and Ben Ashworth; Osteopath Dr Philippe Boixel and Travel Manager Paul Johnson have left the club.

Ivan said: “All these people have played a huge part in the club’s success and development over many years. We thank them for all their hard work and wish them all the best for the future.” 

https://www.arsenal.com/news/first-team-coaching-staff-confirmed

Yeah, well Lucas Perez is being brought back in and I love Per as the Academy Manager. Got to get that dna in the youth.

Seruously, though, I have no problem with any of Emery’s moves so far. I think he’s probably looking for one or two more transfers as people get out of World Cup. 

Also, I am perplexed by the pronunciation of his Spanish surname (or however they do it) is Etxegoien. 

I just have the sads about Santi. He was my (and my young son’s) favorite Gunner and we keep hoping he’d see the pitch again for Arsenal. I don’t think I’m going to tell the boy, he has a birthday in a few days and it will bum him out.

• Like 1

latest hit rumor is that a 16 year-old LB is leaving Barcelona to join Arsenal. Apparently the kid already announced that he's leaving Barca and most think that he's heading for Arsenal.

Also, I'm expecting Torreira and maybe even the other kid to be announced today.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:12 AM, Goo Punch said:

I was watching a YouTube compilation of his play and he has a Rabiot vibe to his game. (Height, hair, and passing ability from the central midfield all come into play.)

He seems to play deeper than Rabiot and makes more outlet passes than final passes, but with the purchase of Torreira, who is also very young, perhaps they see Matteo eventually playing further up the pitch. He has a grace about him and sees the field very well. Some of his highlights look like a younger, skinny Zizou... with David Luiz's hair and much less anger.

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

^ Who was the first keeper with the great saves?

He's not the starter, is he? It's still Cech, no?

Also... PUSH UPS? 😂

Argentine Emi Martinez. And new signing Brend Leno will likely be the starter. I'm of the opinion that Ospina has been better than Czech for a while and he's still here too.

19 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Argentine Emi Martinez. And new signing Brend Leno will likely be the starter. I'm of the opinion that Ospina has been better than Czech for a while and he's still here too.

The stocky brown haired guy was Argentine? (Why the fuck wasn't he in the World Cup squad over Caballero!! 😡)

Skinny lighter-haired guy must not be Brend Leno, because he looked young and the weakest of the three (including Cech).

It will be an interesting year for Arsenal and the EPL in general. Unfortunately Man City's bench will be filled with £40 million+ acquisitions, so the likelihood of them having a slump is not very strong.

I'll be interested in seeing how the two kids, Torreira (short as fuck but very good) and Guendouzi (young as fuck and will have to adjust to speed/physicality of the EPL) do. 

CORRECTION: The keeper that I thought looked the best turned out to be David Ospina. I looked up the Arsenal roster and saw their images. I was talking about the stockier, darker-haired guy. Ospina was doing some Spider-Man reflexes shit at the start of that clip.

Edited by Napoleon