Texas Tceh @ Baylor

clapclapclap

21 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Rig 12 official gave Baylor at least 3 chances to win when they certainly would have lost. Pathetic.”Illegal snap” call must have been rehearsed days before because it was called within microseconds of rapists fumbling the ball.Ridiculous and nothing will change .The ghost of Anne Richards and Company prevail.

Also at the end of regulation, the play right after TT sacked Brewer (I think he wanted to go to Texas), there was a blatant hold in the end zone right in front of the official.  Their field goal drive to tie the game never should have happened either.  

19 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Baylor and Tech "rivalry" is one of the weirdest. The series is 39-38-1 BU but it gets there in a weird way. Baylor dominates early then Tech wins like 20 in a row then Baylor starts winning most of the games. Maybe it'll take a normal route now.

I HATE HATE HATE losing to Baylor. Their reversal of fortune over the last decade has been brutal to watch - especially considering what should have happened to them over rapegate. 

The only time when it's acceptable for them to win a game is if they are playing aggy. 

• Like 1

Let's see, Tech is ahead by 3 points with 1:20 left in regulation and they just sacked Brewer on Baylor's 4 yard line. The Tech defense then allows Baylor to march down the field and kick a field goal with 3 seconds left in regulation. Tech's defense lost the game right there. That game should never have been in overtime. Having said that, the worst game of officiating for both teams that I've seen all year and it wasn't just a blown fumble call. 

11 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

Let's see, Tech is ahead by 3 points with 1:20 left in regulation and they just sacked Brewer on Baylor's 4 yard line. The Tech defense then allows Baylor to march down the field and kick a field goal with 3 seconds left in regulation. Tech's defense lost the game right there. That game should never have been in overtime. Having said that, the worst game of officiating for both teams that I've seen all year and it wasn't just a blown fumble call. 

I hate arguments like this when there is simply an egregious call or calls after an event that changes everything,...you should never have to think "oh well if only we had not given the officials a chance to fuck us in the ass".  They made enough of the plays to win, Baylor made enough of the wrong plays to potentially lose...the officials negated two of those wrong plays and it massively titled the field in Baylor's direction.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

This was quite a screwin' - and it'll take a couple of days to be able to be philosophical about it - but I hope what isn't lost in all this is that Matt Wells and his staff are coaching their asses off.  I sincerely hope we've heard the last of the "that might work in the Mountain West, but this the Big 12 hurr durr" comments.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

As I read somewhere, the thing about this call that seems to set it apart some, is it appears we might have crossed the line between missed call and sheer incompetence..

The Big 12 today admitted they were wrong..  That and a few bucks might get you a cup of coffee.

That doesn't mean shit unless the win is vacated. That didn't happen. It wasn't "incompetence". Why wasn't it really reviewed? How often do you see an "illegal snap"  foul? 

That call came out seconds after the fumble, not after review. What horse shit rigged nonsense. Wells' team is gonna give us some trouble.

Edited by El Squared

59 minutes ago, El Squared said:

That doesn't mean shit unless the win is vacated. That didn't happen. It wasn't "incompetence". Why wasn't it really reviewed? How often do you see an "illegal snap"  foul? 

That call came out seconds after the fumble, not after review. What horse shit rigged nonsense. Wells' team is gonna give us some trouble.

You're right about it not meaning anything.  Thank you sir, may I have another?

i don't know why the officiating crew couldn't at least get together after the play and discuss what each saw.  Too much to ask though.

15 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

i don't know why the officiating crew couldn't at least get together after the play and discuss what each saw.  Too much to ask though.

Big 12 Refs Man.........    It’s too much to ask.  

Up until a few seasons ago, I thought the PAC 12 had the worse refs in major college ball.  Not anymore.  

21 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

I've watched it about a dozen times and while there's motion immediately prior to the snap, I don't know that it should have been called.

20 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Pretty interesting non homer piece and video about the royal screwing Tech got in Waco today.   Don't suppose I've ever seen as baffling a call.

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/texas-tech-robbed-turnover-illegal-snap-penalty/518503

Grant Teaff's last game would like to have a few words with you

• Like 1

12 hours ago, El Squared said:

This was the worst and most blatant rig 12 officiating focking  this year, and top 3 for the decade.

Tech got robbed and jobbed. 

welcome to the Big 12, (insert new coach name). that side judge saw the fumble recovery and knew what it meant.

20 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

This was quite a screwin' - and it'll take a couple of days to be able to be philosophical about it - but I hope what isn't lost in all this is that Matt Wells and his staff are coaching their asses off.  I sincerely hope we've heard the last of the "that might work in the Mountain West, but this the Big 12 hurr durr" comments.

Yes total screw job, but yes again, Tech clearly has a new feel to it.  I am in on Wells and think he will get get Tech going in the right direction.  Tech should be 4-2 today but thanks to the fucking refs we are 3-3.  But I see a definite change in this team.