TNF: Chiefs @ Broncos

spystud13

I don’t ever remember an NFL season where there were so many putrid teams at once. 

Miami, Washington, Cincinnati, Arizona, Denver, sometimes Tennessee...

Just fucking dismal teams who may accidentally win, because they play each other or a team that is a M.A.S.H. unit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I don’t ever remember an NFL season where there were so many putrid teams at once. 

Miami, Washington, Cincinnati, Arizona, Denver, sometimes Tennessee...

Just fucking dismal teams who may accidentally win, because they play each other or a team that is a M.A.S.H. unit. 

Reminds me of when I was a kid in the days before free agency.

Ian Rappaport and James Palmer at the NFL Network reporting no other structural damage for Mahomes.  It is sounding like he is going to miss three games (Packers, Vikings, and Titans) but considering the Chiefs have a bye after the Chargers game after those he might miss four games.

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Ian Rappaport and James Palmer at the NFL Network reporting no other structural damage for Mahomes.  It is sounding like he is going to miss three games (Packers, Vikings, and Titans) but considering the Chiefs have a bye after the Chargers game after those he might miss four games.

I can live with that. Rest him up and win the division. 

Chiefs could win the Titans and Chargers games w/o Mahomes.  Henne will be eligible to come off IR after the Packers game.  He isn't Mahomes but he also is an improvement from Moore.  (Who is possibly the best third string quarterback on any team's roster this year.)If somehow the Chiefs can split the Packers and Vikings game and Mahomes has no setbacks they will still be in good shape.  The AFC West is almost as lopsided as the AFC East and the Chiefs will have home games with all three of the other AFC West teams after Mahomes returns.   No they won't get home field advantage over the Pats but they could still get the #2 seed and a first round bye.  Another advantage the Chiefs could have if they shake this injury bug in the second half of the season is freshness come playoff time.  Mahomes will play 11 or 12 games this year.  Hill is going to play 12 games this year.  Fischer and Chris Jones are going to play somewhere between 10 and 12 games this year.  Watkins is going to play 13 games at most this year.  Meanwhile Brady and any other Patriots that stay healthy are playing 15 or 16 games.  Also being out a month will heal not only Mahomes knee but his ankle that has been bothering him all year.  The Chiefs could be a lot less banged up and fresher with their key players than the teams that haven't had the injuries the Chiefs had in the first part of the year.