2018 MMA discussion

ajax

5 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Why do they always schedule the 4-fight Fox cards for only 2 hours? There has to be more/longer commercials. Now anyone that just hit record without adding time will miss the entire ME. 

Thinking the same damn thing 

15 hours ago, Scraps said:

Lol. I just can't stand TJ

I just remember TJ first winning the title and it being a huge upset. Cody is just a fucking loud mouth show boat (with a ridiculous fucking neck tat), who got put in his place. I was listening to rogan’s podcast with him and Uriah Faber, and they both sound like petty teenage girls.

I do enjoy watching both guys fight though. Both are exciting fighters. I do think Cody wins this time though, as long as he hasn’t mind fucked himself and lost confidence.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

A few fights being announced the past couple days:

Volkan v Anthony Smith in Oct I think. 

Poirier v Nate Diaz  for Nov 3 in NYC

Also seems like a pretty weak card overall this weekend as far as names/matchups go.  Of course the 2 title fights(which both are retread bouts), but everything else is pretty meh.  

Edited by Scraps

25th Anniversary presser about to go on right now from LA.  

Ariel is teasing a McGregor fight announcement with #BiggestFightinMMAHistory 

If it is him v Khabib that is not the biggest fight in MMA History but whatever 

Above,

That is where I found this one. Working well on a computer, but has commercials because I think it's british.

http://ripple.is/mma/2919-ufc-227-dillashaw-vs-garbrandt-2-prelims-main-2

That last prelim fight was a good one, albeit not a lot of striking. Good effort upset unanimous decision.

Edited by JohnnyRage

5 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

I don't watch events that much these days, but Cormier is a great commentator. He's a bit technically oriented, but that is understandable.

yes - a bit unlikeable as a personality but fantastic as commentator.  prefer him to cruz who sounds smart-alecky