Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Honest reply because you are one of my favorite posters on The Surl:

He's no right wing hero. He's a symptom of a larger issue that the right has--selective prosecution. There's no way, in normal circumstances, anyone would know this kid's name because he would have been charged with minimal charges, pled out and served his time/paid the fine. But the fact that Corporate Media stoked the fires, and even had the current president chimed in on his "guilt", did the DA make this a murder charge. Your a lawyer, you know this is bullshit. Hell, Binger even alluded to it yesterday in one of his objections. His case hinges on politics. The right is/was frustrated watching places like Kenosha burn while the police were directed to stand by. It's selective and we should all be pissed when The State brings is weight against a citizen for political reasons. 

burn the male witch!

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I agree with all of this, except he is a right-wing hero, just like all the other dipshits who stormed the Capitol.

Outside of the hard right nut job talking heads and Cletus's weekly trailer party, I don't think anyone thinks the dipshits who stormed the Capitol are heroes.

Rittenhouse either. He's a pawn being used to push a narrative. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

Since you didn't watch, the judge took a moment before any proceedings to ask all veterans to stand and be recognized.  The same thing happened in thousands of courtrooms yesterday.

Exactly, he asked everyone in the room to stand that was a veteran. Then he gave a round of applause. 

It is not like the guy got on the stand, the judge stopped the proceedings, and said “wait lets pause for this defense witness before we proceed”. 

During a moment in the day’s proceedings, Schroeder asked if any veterans were present in the courtroom. Only John Black, a use-of-force expert who was later called to the witness stand by the defense, claimed to have served in the military, identifying himself as an Army veteran, The Associated Press reported.

Edited by hornbri
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Every single poster on this thread that you perceive to be “defending” him has said he should not have been there. Put aside your team bullshit for one goddamn second and look at something objectively during that time. Try it. You may actually enjoy it.

I do look at things objectively, and that is what leads me to ask what if we start to see a trend of people showing up to things like this to put themselves in a situation to have to "defend themselves"? It's very easy to do, and Rittenhouse just created the blueprint for it. Last year we had two so-called self defense shootings. Both were guys who happened to show up in a situation like this. If you think there aren't more people paying attention to those cases then I am not sure what to tell you. A lot of us here have kids, and despite our political leanings kids tend to be idealistic in their impressionable years. Any one of our kids could be at one of these things when gunfire happens due to someone "needing to defend themselves". That is my worry. I could give a shit on the political stance, I am just reading the room on that.

11 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

487-DCFDF-053-E-468-B-B693-2-BFE201740-BB.jpg.0d4b61e9e6c2a32ea15d42ed49741054.jpg

Just a couple examples:

“KYLE RITTENHOUSE FOR CONGRESS,” Sabatini tweeted on Nov. 21.

Florida House member Anthony Sabatini

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) has praised Kyle Rittenhouse, accused of shooting three people, as a hero who "stepped forward" when "Democrats seeded chaos and stoked violence."

U.S. House member Marjorie Taylor Greene

"We're here in memory of a lot of people who have either lost their life or been attacked by these violent domestic terrorists," said Enrique Tarrio, the leader of the far-right group the Proud Boys, to a crowd of 300 in Portland, Oregon, on Sept. 29. “We're here for Kyle.”

Last time I checked, Proud Boys were "right wing."

I'm not sure why people like immortal13 and Cheesewheasel discount the notion that Kyle Rittenhouse is a right-wing hero. 

And I'm not disputing that his inept prosecution was misguided by political bent.  Both sides are using him in their greater partisan rhetoric.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Just a couple examples:

I'm not sure why people like immortal13 and Cheesewheasel discount the notion that Kyle Rittenhouse is a right-wing hero. 

And I'm not disputing that his inept prosecution was misguided by political bent.  Both sides are using him in their greater partisan rhetoric.

I don't control what other people do, nor do I let it concern me. But then again I'm not a liberal so maybe I just don't relate to easily triggered people like you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Play that race card on this white on white crime!!! 

That's not a race card. Black people are simply used to white people walking for things we would be thrown under the jail for. How many young black men do you think feared for their life and ended up shooting a few people? Half of Chicago? How many do you think walked? We are used to this. We aren't surprised by anything anymore. Hardly makes me look up from my bowl of cereal in the morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Hardly. In case you forgot I am black. This is par for the course as far as we are concerned. No black people I know ever thought this kid was going to be convicted of anything.

I dont see what your race has to do with the fact that this is a legitimate case for self defense.  Your personal prejudices and preferences may color your opinion on the case, but your opinion is not on trial.

Im also a minority, and my race has no bearing on the case either.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Just a couple examples:

I think they are just saying no one HERE is calling them a hero. Sure there are groups in other places in the US that are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I do look at things objectively, and that is what leads me to ask what if we start to see a trend of people showing up to things like this to put themselves in a situation to have to "defend themselves"? It's very easy to do, and Rittenhouse just created the blueprint for it. Last year we had two so-called self defense shootings. Both were guys who happened to show up in a situation like this. If you think there aren't more people paying attention to those cases then I am not sure what to tell you. A lot of us here have kids, and despite our political leanings kids tend to be idealistic in their impressionable years. Any one of our kids could be at one of these things when gunfire happens due to someone "needing to defend themselves". That is my worry. I could give a shit on the political stance, I am just reading the room on that.

You suggest Kyle should be put in jail because there is the possibility that some idiots kids may or may not emulate him in the future?  This is justice in America?

• Hook 'Em 1

So KR should be a sacrificial lamb?
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hornbri said:

I think they are just saying no one HERE is calling them a hero. Sure there are groups in other places in the US that are. 

Fair, but when I labeled him as a right-wing hero, I hadn't scrolled through the entire thread to see where folks like immortal13 or Cheesewheasel came down on this, so I wasn't saying that anyone HERE is calling him a hero. 

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Depends how you define "right wing". Is he a hero of the far right extremists? Maybe, but who cares what those fucktards think. No one here thinks he's a hero.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Fair, but when I labeled him as a right-wing hero, I hadn't scrolled through the entire thread to see where folks like immortal13 or Cheesewheasel came down on this, so I wasn't saying that anyone HERE is calling him a hero. 

Inflammatory, your Honor. Move to strike.

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Depends how you define "right wing". Is he a hero of the far right extremists? Maybe, but who cares what those fucktards think. No one here thinks he's a hero.

I certainly don't care with those fucktards think.  But my point on that is the far right extremists are guiding more of the Republican movement (as someone who voted Republican in the past), so it's hard to be dismissive of them as if their voice isn't carrying weight these days.

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

That's not a race card. Black people are simply used to white people walking for things we would be thrown under the jail for. How many young black men do you think feared for their life and ended up shooting a few people? Half of Chicago? How many do you think walked? We are used to this. We aren't surprised by anything anymore. Hardly makes me look up from my bowl of cereal in the morning.

Hey bro feel free to start your own thread about white privilege or CRT or whatever new term the left has come up with. . May I suggest the Cloak Room..

Just now, South Austin said:

I certainly don't care with those fucktards think.  But my point on that is the far right extremists are guiding more of the Republican movement (as someone who voted Republican in the past), so it's hard to be dismissive of them as if their voice isn't carrying weight these days.

I don't think that's true any more than I believe left wing extremists groups are guiding the Dems. I don't believe the morons burning/looting represented the BLM movement, but I guess by your standard I should?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Generalizations and conceptual straw-men are jut not productive and accomplish nothing.  If you want to compare cases, compare the facts of each.  Not the outcomes and then try to draw out some weak correlative argument.  

As to this, we know statistically most races in shootings are with others of the same race.  No bug surprise here as proximity breeds conflict.  If we want to use Chicago as an example, recently there was a gang shooting, 70+ rounds fired, at least one fatality.  Prosecutor asked to drop the case due to invoking "mutual combat".  Maybe not the best example of "the man" being biased.

"Mutual Combat"

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Hey bro feel free to start your own thread about white privilege or CRT or whatever new term the left has come up with. . May I suggest the Cloak Room..

Nah. He's bringing up a good point relative to the case and is a great poster despite his shitty taste in music.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I don't think that's true any more than I believe left wing extremists groups are guiding the Dems. I don't believe the morons burning/looting represented the BLM movement, but I guess by your standard I should?

Those morons aren’t being elected to Congress.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It's the left wing movement that caused this case to be brought in the first place, but I'm sure you don't care about that either. You're no different, just on the other side of the fucktard spectrum

7 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

It's the left wing movement that caused this case to be brought in the first place, but I'm sure you don't care about that either. You're no different, just on the other side of the fucktard spectrum

I actually don’t give a fuck that leftists or anyone else think that Rittenhouse should be convicted of murder despite evidence and an inept prosecution to the contrary. I’ve made my point on that elsewhere. Call me a fucktard for that if you like. I wasn’t directing that label toward you, and apologies if you felt I was.

Edited by South Austin

Just now, South Austin said:

I actually don’t give a fuck that leftists or anyone else think the Rittenhouse should be convicted of murder despite evidence and an inept prosecution to the contrary. I’ve made my point on that elsewhere. Call me a fucktard for that if you like. I wasn’t directing that label toward you, and apologies if you felt I was.

Ok bro

16 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Ah yes the former Republican and principled conservative.  Kind of like the Lincoln Project lol.

I think that 99% of the CR regulars claim they are "principled conservatives" who are now disappointed in righties because of the "far right" yet they give the far lefties a pass on all their stupidity.  They'll bitch about the MTGs of the world yet stan for the squad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

As matter of fact, earlier in the trial, it was actually testified that most of the protestors themselves were annoyed by Rosenbaum and did not want to be affiliated with him.

He was just a wildcard who came for agitation, and he sparked the entire thing.  For however much of a dickhead as Huber and Grosskreutz later proved to be, if it wasn't for Rosenbaum, they'd still be alive and uninjured.  And nothing would've come out of the Kenosha riot.... (except a bunch of buildings and cars destroyed which did actually happen)

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Generalizations and conceptual straw-men are jut not productive and accomplish nothing.  If you want to compare cases, compare the facts of each.  Not the outcomes and then try to draw out some weak correlative argument.  

As to this, we know statistically most races in shootings are with others of the same race.  No bug surprise here as proximity breeds conflict.  If we want to use Chicago as an example, recently there was a gang shooting, 70+ rounds fired, at least one fatality.  Prosecutor asked to drop the case due to invoking "mutual combat".  Maybe not the best example of "the man" being biased.

"Mutual Combat"

i can support this, if other impressionable kids see them as heroes, and may want to imitate them in the future, and all the gang-bangers can kill each other off

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

As matter of fact, earlier in the trial, it was actually testified that most of the protestors themselves were annoyed by Rosenbaum and did not want to be affiliated with him.

He was just a wildcard who came for agitation, and he sparked the entire thing.  For however much of a dickhead as Huber and Grosskreutz later proved to be, if it wasn't for Rosenbaum, they'd still be alive and uninjured.  And nothing would've come out of the Kenosha riot.... (except a bunch of buildings and cars destroyed which did actually happen)

There shouldn’t be much disagreement on that. Those guys are morons, not only for going out that night instead of watching the riots on their TVs while drinking Keystone Light, but approaching someone in a volatile situation who’s carrying a rifle. Even if I decide to go out and watch some senseless rioting for shits and giggles, going near someone openly carrying is a big nope for me. Stupid games and all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1