Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

1 minute ago, BlueGreySky said:

I'm not a lawyer - somehow still ended up on here and TOS.  Guess I'm just an average asshole.

What was the DA doing to provoke a mistrial?

Commenting on the exercise of the defendant's consitutional rights.

Ignoring/challenging prior rulings of the court.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Why are we discussing ammo? 

Do you even America, bro?  The only thing more measurable than bullets spent, is the amount of time spent talking about said bullets. 

Only time I know a shooting trial is over is when they quit  talking about the weapons and ammo involved.  That's when you know the jury is actually ready to come back with a verdict.  

Or when you hear this, "Certainly, the questionable contest among the defendants didn't sit well with this small town jury."  

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Establishing intent to cause death or serious bodily harm.  It's an element of the charges the prosecution must prove. 

He didn't use hollow point ammo. If you wanted to kill someone, that would have been a better choice. 

Regardless, he's not a weapons/ballistics expert. 

Just now, washparkhorn said:

I am expecting your donation to the Innocence Project in order to square this circle. ;)

https://innocenceproject.org/

I used to make a decent annual donation to the ACLU before they stopped being for Civil Liberties.. I will honestly consider the innocence project as a replacement. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I used to make a decent annual donation to the ACLU before they stopped being for Civil Liberties.. I will honestly consider the innocence project as a replacement. 

It does great work ... although I wish it would avoid the high profile, money raising cases of people so obviously guilty.

Just now, Harrison Bergeron said:

It does great work ... although I wish it would avoid the high profile, money raising cases of people so obviously guilty.

We continue to advocate for wrongly convicted people like Pervis Payne and Rodney Reed.

https://innocenceproject.org/reflecting-on-the-year-past-i-am-proud-grateful-and-even-more-fired-up-to-advance-the-innocence-projects-work/

Well, shit. Any other suggestions?

• Haha 1