The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

On 7/12/2019 at 2:25 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The AG of the United States obstructing justice in the court of public opinion was a serious line not previously crossed.  It goes beyond just controlling the narrative as usual.  It was so egregious Robert Mueller himself wrote Bill Barr a letter denouncing it. 

Barr could have released the report with no spin at let it speak for itself but the Trump administration felt compelled to throw the credibility of the DOJ under the bus as well.  It was a bit more than simply controlling the narrative.

Lulz

Also, he asked for the report to be given to them with the redactions made and they weren't. So instead of giving leftie media 3 more weeks of treason spin, he summarized the report. Who gives a fuck if Mueller didn't agree with his summary? Muellers job was finished with that report. He can go testify to Congress and explain what he didn't agree with. He's waited months to do so, let's find out why on the 17th. 

Mueller is gonna get torn to pieces by rabit Dems worse than the Republicans btw. Should be more good theatre.

Edited by Zavala

It has a direct bearing on Roger Stone and his trial set for Nov.  Which, incidentally is the trial with evidence directly implicating knowledge/involvement of Trump campaign officials.

Prosecutors in the Stone trial already filed more evidence under seal post-Mueller.  This new Assange bit could worsen Stone’s and others’ legal position relative to 6 mo ago.  

There’s still room for more evidence and additional charges.  

This is the key passage from CNN

“An Ecuadorian intelligence official told CNN that the surveillance reports are authentic.  The security logs noted that Assange personally managed some of the releases "directly from the embassy" where he lived for nearly seven years. After the election, the private security company prepared an assessment of Assange's allegiances. That report, which included open-source information, concluded there was "no doubt that there is evidence" that Assange had ties to Russian intelligence agencies.”

—-> The key Wiki release is the Podesta emails an hour after the Access video of Trump bragging about/admitting sexual assault.  

If this newly disclosed surveillance picked up coordination between Assange and anyone from Stone’s apparatus for immediate counter-release in that moment of panic, that would be something extremely problematic for Stone/Trump campaign.  

CNN basically indicates this new surveillance caught all kinds of new evidence, but it doesn’t report on the totality of what was captured, ie anything caught that may have originated from stateside.

• Like 1

Some good nuggets in there. Assange had the power to dictate guests and get them through security without signing in, or being searched and Assange was allowed to delete entries from those that did sign in. Assange met with Russian propagandists, hackers and received packages and thumb drives with unknown contents at key times during the election.

Assange also issued a special list of people who were able to enter the embassy without showing identification or being searched by security. He was even granted the power to delete names from the visitor logs. To avoid surveillance cameras, Assange occasionally met guests inside the women's bathroom, according to the security reports.

In June 2016, RT's London bureau chief, Nikolay Bogachikhin, visited Assange twice, and gave him a USB drive on one occasion, according to the surveillance reports. That five-minute visit was hastily arranged and required last-minute approval from the Ecuadorian ambassador.

he Mueller report says that on July 6, WikiLeaks reached out to the Russian online personas with a request to send anything "hillary related" as soon as possible, "because the (Democratic National Convention) is approaching and she will solidify bernie supporters behind her after," referring to her opponent in the Democratic primaries, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont. 

The trio of hackers -- Assange, Müller-Maguhn and Fix -- then gathered on July 14 for more than four hours on, according to the security logs. The special counsel's report indicates that on this date, Russian hackers posing as Guccifer 2.0 sent encrypted files to WikiLeaks, with the title "big archive."

Days later, on July 18, while the Republican National Convention kicked off in Cleveland, an embassy security guard broke protocol by abandoning his post to receive a package outside the embassy from a man in disguise. The man covered his face with a mask and sunglasses and was wearing a backpack, according to surveillance images obtained by CNN.

The security company saw this unfold on surveillance footage and recommended that the guard be replaced. But the Ecuadorian government kept him on the job. 

On that same day, according to the Mueller report, WikiLeaks informed the Russian hackers that it had received the files and was preparing to release them soon. It's not clear if these incidents are related, and the contents of the package delivered to the embassy are unknown.

13 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Unfortunately, you water down the reputation of a University of Texas degree on the reg. 

Fuck off dipshit. I will put my contributions to graduate education at the university up against yours any day. Either monetary contributions or indirect contributions to graduate education. Maybe you have served on more dissertation committees. Right, who are we kidding. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I remember when Assange was a darling of the left, exposing many misdeeds under Bush  et al. Not so much when it comes to inner email communications of the Democratic Party. Shifting sands and what not. 

Funny I don’t remember that at all. I only remember him coming to notoriety shortly after Obama became the president. What did Asange expose that Bush did that made him a “darling of the left?”

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Funny I don’t remember that at all. I only remember him coming to notoriety shortly after Obama became the president. What did Asange expose that Bush did that made him a “darling of the left?”

We know you just started paying attention in November 2016. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Fuck off dipshit. I will put my contributions to graduate education at the university up against yours any day. Either monetary contributions or indirect contributions to graduate education. Maybe you have served on more dissertation committees. Right, who are we kidding. 

Did you finance a used Corvette?

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

We know you just started paying attention in November 2016. 

That is basically true, although maybe a few months off.  Before then I can safely say you and I never spoke.

Did a little digging and you’re right. He did go after Bush’s wars. He also constantly attacks America and never says one negative thing about Russia. Sound familiar?

https://thefederalist.com/2016/09/09/julian-assange-is-a-russian-front-man-not-a-freedom-fighter/

Wonder if the Ecuadorian sponsored private surveillance triggers a circle back to Assange/Wikileaks and any Russian meddling in Brexit involving Nigel Farage:  Newsweek 1/20/18 .  UK seemed to have been patiently following our lead behind Mueller for awhile.  

Also, in case you didn't ponder if Assange's balls hung in the sling of a successful Brexit, this old gem from Russia Today : Wikileaks believes Brexit will lead to ‘scrapping’ of Assange warrant

"The UK’s decision to exit the European Union means the European Arrest Warrant (EAW), which stems from Sweden, against Assange should be scrapped, says Wikileaks."

womp womp.  

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

How about you give us your take. 

You already know my opinion. I'm curious if this moves the needle for you on whether or not the Trump campaign was capable of getting their shit together enough to actually conspire with with the Russians through Stone and Wikileaks.

It wasn't a 'gotcha' question.

I've not been following this, but the trial of former Trump transition team member Bijan Kian got underway today - Flynn/Turkey/Putin.  Recall Flynn was involved in planning an illegal secret extradition of Pennsylvania based Gulen, a dissident of Erdogan.

Edited by triplehorn

14 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Jesus, where's this hostility and defensiveness coming from tonight? I was genuinely asking your opinion in good faith. Sorry I fucking asked.

You didn't honestly expect anastasis to respond in good faith, did you? It's midnight on a weeknight. The facts are against him. He's an angry drunk who just polished off 4/5 of a handle of Jim Beam. All you'll get from him is deflection, ad hominem attacks and Rocko-style false braggadocio. 

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I remember when Assange was a darling of the left, exposing many misdeeds under Bush  et al. Not so much when it comes to inner email communications of the Democratic Party. Shifting sands and what not. 

When was that? I have no recollection of ever hearing his name during the Bush/Cheney administration, and I could see a lot of their misdeeds with my own two eyes. There was also a lot of good reporting on that massive disaster of a presidency at the time. Some of the books written about that presidency are worth a revisit now because they foreshadow this shitstain presidency. This would be a good place to start, it's fairly prophetic:

41HFaM1PySL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I remember when I thought Assange was providing an outlet to whistleblowers as a neutral journalist. I respected that there was someone doing that for those who wanted to call out corruption. Then as we learned more about him, it turned out he wasn't a journalist and more an activist. And finally, actively working against democracy (regardless of how he may think he was working to fix it). You are able to change your opinion on someone once you see their true colors. Didn't know if you knew that. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I remember when I thought Assange was providing an outlet to whistleblowers as a neutral journalist. I respected that there was someone doing that for those who wanted to call out corruption. Then as we learned more about him, it turned out he wasn't a journalist and more an activist. And finally, actively working against democracy (regardless of how he may think he was working to fix it). You are able to change your opinion on someone once you see their true colors. Didn't know if you knew that. 

I am just glad that we finally found someone who has recollection pre-Nov 2016. I do find it amazing that even pointing out many on the left's support of Assange when he was telling them what they wanted to hear is met with a "Who, what, I have no recollection?" and personal attacks.  I think it was clear from the launch that he tilted towards activism. But yes, people were far less critical of his motivations when they aligned with their own. That was my point. 

@bolverk, it is not hostility towards you that you perceive.  But if you are going to ask for my take on latest developments, you should be prepared to articulate your own. That's really not asking too much. Maybe duly note that?

6 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

I imagine it's harder to see both sides without being able to see behind you, but beyond that, I'll defer to your expertise. 

Dipshit: you water down the reputation of a University of Texas degree on the reg. 

A: I will put my contributions to graduate education at the university up against yours any day, financial or otherwise.

DD: Rocko'd!

Dipshit: Deflection! Ad hominem! Braggadocio! #bothsides!

giphy.gif

Edited by Anastasis

I think it's more that people are throwing poo at you because you've consistently held that there was no valid reason why stone and trump would have possibly be surveiled. And now that the evidence is starting to accumulate that anybody with two neurons to rub together can put together, you're playing dumb and cunty. 

So we can re-re-re-restate our position which has been consistent this whole way through, but it ultimately won't matter. You'll find somewhere to move the goalposts and ignore the evidence for some quasi-intellectual reason. 

Be best. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am just glad that we finally found someone who has recollection pre-Nov 2016. I do find it amazing that even pointing out many on the left's support of Assange when he was telling them what they wanted to hear is met with a "Who, what, I have no recollection?" and personal attacks.  I think it was clear from the launch that he tilted towards activism. But yes, people were far less critical of his motivations when they aligned with their own. That was my point. 

@bolverk, it is not hostility towards you that you perceive.  But if you are going to ask for my take on latest developments, you should be prepared to articulate your own. That's really not asking too much. Maybe duly note that?

Wrong. At first it looked like someone utilizing the internet to even out the balance of power between the individual and the giant systems of corporations and government entities. Then he went and aligned himself with one of the most corrupt government entity which is leading the charge in attempts to disrupting democratic systems around the world. No one saw that coming. 

• Like 2