Nebraska at Ohio State - Big Noon Fox

mdmost

I guess the Nebraska secondary can play 12 yards off of the Nebraska wide receivers (even first team) and still have plenty of time to close during practice.  However, the Buckeyes are more like Ferrari 812s rather than Fiat 500s and the Nebraska DBs never caught up or kept up.  NEVER.

With that being said, I think the Buckeyes could have put four DBs on Wandale Robinson and use a backup  Nose Guard to simultaneously cover the other two or three receivers. 

How Scott Frost, of all the coaches in the nation, can put up with such shitty ball security from Martinez (and apparently McCaffery as well) is mind boggling.  Frost got hit dozens of times a game when he was an option quarterback for Nebraska.  If anybody should be able to teach a quarterback how to hold on to a football, it should be him.

No comment on the targeting calls because which NCAA team doesn't have a handful of horror stories about them? 

The only call that still puzzles me was the non-safety on Fields.  Forward progress couldn't have been stopped because he never had any, just went back and down.  It must be a Big Ten Heisman call.  But it wasn't like two points was going to bust this game wide open for the Huskers.  It still would have been nice for the defensive line to have that count.

Still, it's football.  Good run defense for the most part, better offensive line, and I guess it's no longer a crime to throw to the tight ends more than four times a season.

21 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

One,  Franklin has one win against Ohio State.

I'll have to look - but I'm guessing no current coach in the B1G has more than 2 wins against OSU, and I'm guessing that is either Captain Kirk or Fitz, as they have longevity but don't play them every year.
There is no coach in the east with more than 2 wins, generally since they have little seniority....Is Franklin the East coach with the most years at their current school? (I'm guessing yes)

5 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

Dantonio had two wins.  Ferentz has two wins and no one else I can think of has more than one.  Since Meyer came the B1G has been Sparty X2, Penn State, Purdue, Iowa all won a game.

3 wins for Coach D, including the 2013 B1G championship; but MSU last beat OSU in East Lansing in 1999

• Like 1