Sunday morning college football at the Rose Bowl- Cal/UCLA on FS1

mdmost

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

The Chip Kelly offense looks exactly like the 2009 Texas offense. Does the man realize it might be good to try to innovate? This is very Mike Leach at Ole Miss.

What a horrible throw. 

Lane Kiffin is at Ole Miss.  Mike Leach is at Miss St.  

Right. Shows how little relevance those programs have that I confused them. 

Going back to Wazzu, Leach never adapted his offense. It was the reason Washington whipped their asses repeatedly and why he's doing horribly in the SEC. Chip Kelly seems cut from the same cloth. I can't remember which poster is was but they really had a hard on for Texas hiring Chip Kelly, both pre and post Charlie.  

Edited by mdmost

So is Cal really bad, or has UCLA started turning the corner to being pretty good again??

I think a little of both. If not for 4 first have turnovers against CU that we're all turned into points, the Bruins rolled it up pretty good and almost came back from waaay down. Problem is with DTR. Has talent, but in year 3 should be MUCH further along. His decision making is atrocious.

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This game turned out to be far better than expected. They should do this with some PAC teams weekly for those of us who only follow a few NFL teams and don't care about local/state teams. 

Hopefully numbers come in that verify it’s worth it.  I’m enjoying it while I wait for my NFL game.  

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, SDG said:

Hopefully numbers come in that verify it’s worth it.  I’m enjoying it while I wait for my NFL game.  

I've got my nfl game on only because I'm a Bucs fan and everyone wants to see Brady, so this is very unusual for me. I've been switching back and forth. But yeah, I hope the numbers show people will watch instead of the same nfl teams in your region you don't care about.