WTH DishNetwork, no Fox

hookem48

Run to Best Buy and spend $20 on a cheap antenna. If you live within broadcast range of your Fox affiliate, you'll get a better picture than from cable or satellite anyway. You'll start watching all the games on the broadcast networks over the antenna. And you'll be several seconds ahead of everyone else on the game threads. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Run to Best Buy and spend $20 on a cheap antenna. If you live within broadcast range of your Fox affiliate, you'll get a better picture than from cable or satellite anyway. You'll start watching all the games on the broadcast networks over the antenna. And you'll be several seconds ahead of everyone else on the game threads. 

all  this......

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Dish seems to be the worst about losing channels. My mom lost the Fox channels almost 2 years ago in East Texas. She gave up on getting them back.

The annoying thing is that they won’t drop the package prices.

I still don't have Fox Sports Southwest since last year so no Texas Highschool Football championship games last year or this year or Rangers games

Edited by hookem48

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Or if you don't want to leave, try a paper clip (push it all the way in). Sometimes all it needs is a metal source outside of the TV

28 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Big drawback of living in the country where internet access is sketchy when Dish decides to bend you over

Antenna's-1000X600_SV-9357.png?itok=pfBa

You live in the country and don't have an outdoor antenna? What do you do when it rains? There's tons of digital channels to watch. I live about 90 miles from the Dallas towers and get around 40 channels.

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

You live in the country and don't have an outdoor antenna? What do you do when it rains? There's tons of digital channels to watch. I live about 90 miles from the Dallas towers and get around 40 channels.

I don't have issues unless it's thunder storming, regular rain doesn't matter

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Wait for it to stop raining. It's not as bad as it used to be. Now when the power goes out, you're just fucked. Unless you got a backup generator.

Old enough to remember when these were the shit.

fb339d47212c4cd55de467f2328460f4.jpg

Access to any and everything until they started scrambling signals.

On a serious note, what is the name of that particular brand? I think the FOX signal was coming out of Lufkin, so that would work. 

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Wait for it to stop raining. It's not as bad as it used to be. Now when the power goes out, you're just fucked. Unless you got a backup generator.

Old enough to remember when these were the shit.

fb339d47212c4cd55de467f2328460f4.jpg

Access to any and everything until they started scrambling signals.

On a serious note, what is the name of that particular brand? I think the FOX signal was coming out of Lufkin, so that would work. 

I don't know. Just Googled antenna and picked what looked closest to mine. 

A quick search turned up this one and this one on Amazon to give you a high/low.