Alternative Hypothesis AKA Conspiracy Theories

SmokeyBear1861

My alternate hypothesis might actually qualify as a theory (note that the two terms are not synonymous):

1) It is supported by massive amounts of evidence (see every post the POS has ever posted).

2) It is the simplest explanation that fits the data.

3) It is widely accepted to be the correct and true explanation of the data.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

My alternate hypothesis might actually qualify as a theory (note that the two terms are not synonymous):

1) It is supported by massive amounts of evidence (see every post the POS has ever posted).

2) It is the simplest explanation that fits the data.

3) It is widely accepted to be the correct and true explanation of the data.

So, he's Occam's Asshole?

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I never got too deep into the JFK conspiracy theories but from a macro level, the Russian angle is impossible to ignore.

It’s not like Oswald defected to the Soviet Union... oh wait, he did.

It’s not like Oswald had any experience in assassination attempts...oh wait, he did.

It’s not like Oswald had connections to people in the KGB...oh wait, he did.

He defected to the Soviet Union on his own, which automatically put him into contact with KGB folks.  He went to a Soviet embassy in Mexico City on his own, knowing he would automatically be put into contact with the KGB.  There was nothing special there - any American who defected or who went to a Soviet embassy is going to automatically have contact with the KGB.

As for "assassination attempts" and experience, he took a shot at Walker because he hated Walker's views, and Walker was a local.   There's nothing fancy or complex about that, and Walker was no threat to the Soviets.  If anything, this shows that Oswald was a lone-wolf psychopath.  Oswald would have succeeded had he picked up a cheap pistol and walked up to Walker's house and rang the bell and went into some spiel about how he admired Walker's views.  Walker was the type who would have invited him in.

The big questions for me are:  did the U.S. government try to cover something up and if so, what would possibly justify a cover up of this magnitude?  It must have been something pretty substantial that went beyond the mob or Cubans.

I think what you ultimately saw was that the US government was afraid that the American public would think it was the Soviets behind it, which would mean that the American public would force the government to act, and that terrified the government, leading to cover-ups of things that we can rationally look at and explain 50 years on.

I also think there was a fear in the government that if people or commissions looked too closely at things that were actually actively happening (anti-Castro activities, mob stuff, etc.) - things that had nothing to do with Oswald, but might fall into the scope of a commission investigating JFK, that it would blow a lot of operations and/or expose a lot of people.

I don’t know if Oswald was under any orders but if you study the history of Soviet active measures, Oswald is the poster child for how that form of warfare is supposed to work.

The Soviets did not want a war (witness the Cuban Missile Crisis). The Soviets were control freaks.  In the Soviet Union of the 1960s, if there was going to be a war, they would have preferred to pick the time and place of where it started.  Being responsible for killing JFK would have led to a war where they didn't get to pick the time and place to start it.  Most importantly, the Soviets would not have any control over escalation and/or being able to deescalate.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I never got too deep into the JFK conspiracy theories but from a macro level, the Russian angle is impossible to ignore.

It’s not like Oswald defected to the Soviet Union... oh wait, he did.

It’s not like Oswald had any experience in assassination attempts...oh wait, he did.

It’s not like Oswald had connections to people in the KGB...oh wait, he did.

The big questions for me are:  did the U.S. government try to cover something up and if so, what would possibly justify a cover up of this magnitude?  It must have been something pretty substantial that went beyond the mob or Cubans.

I don’t know if Oswald was under any orders but if you study the history of Soviet active measures, Oswald is the poster child for how that form of warfare is supposed to work.

“You take an already unstable extremist individual and you push that individual to the more extreme direction they were already going.  Sit back and watch the fireworks.”

I know there is never going to be a widely accepted version of exactly how things went down but my recent investigations into Russia’s tactics and methods made me look at the JFK assassination from an entirely different perspective.  

There are at least as many coincidences to the mob angle as there are to the Russian theory. And the mob had an obvious motive for wanting him gone, while the Russian motive requires a duller version of Occam's Razor to believe. 

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He defected to the Soviet Union on his own, which automatically put him into contact with KGB folks.  He went to a Soviet embassy in Mexico City on his own, knowing he would automatically be put into contact with the KGB.  There was nothing special there - any American who defected or who went to a Soviet embassy is going to automatically have contact with the KGB.

As for "assassination attempts" and experience, he took a shot at Walker because he hated Walker's views, and Walker was a local.   There's nothing fancy or complex about that, and Walker was no threat to the Soviets.  If anything, this shows that Oswald was a lone-wolf psychopath.  Oswald would have succeeded had he picked up a cheap pistol and walked up to Walker's house and rang the bell and went into some spiel about how he admired Walker's views.  Walker was the type who would have invited him in.

I think what you ultimately saw was that the US government was afraid that the American public would think it was the Soviets behind it, which would mean that the American public would force the government to act, and that terrified the government, leading to cover-ups of things that we can rationally look at and explain 50 years on.

I also think there was a fear in the government that if people or commissions looked too closely at things that were actually actively happening (anti-Castro activities, mob stuff, etc.) - things that had nothing to do with Oswald, but might fall into the scope of a commission investigating JFK, that it would blow a lot of operations and/or expose a lot of people.

The Soviets did not want a war (witness the Cuban Missile Crisis). The Soviets were control freaks.  In the Soviet Union of the 1960s, if there was going to be a war, they would have preferred to pick the time and place of where it started.  Being responsible for killing JFK would have led to a war where they didn't get to pick the time and place to start it.  Most importantly, the Soviets would not have any control over escalation and/or being able to deescalate.  

I don’t think there was some elaborate intricate Kremlin conspiracy to kill JFK.  And more importantly, it was vital for both the US and Soviet Union to make sure the public didn’t blame the Kremlin.  The US went with the lone gunman narrative.  The Kremlin still pins the assassination on the CIA which is basically a subtle “ha ha fuck you.” 

To comprehend my position you have to understand Russia and how the KGB operates.  Russia doesn’t have much strategy when it comes to their subversion operations.  They operate with one overarching objective, “hurt the United States.”  Crippling the United States is a win in itself for the Russians.  

Yes, Oswald was a lone wolf psychopath which is why he was the perfect useful idiot to pull off something like the JFK assassination.  The KGB loves the crazies, the weak, and vulnerable which is why they still infiltrate white supremacist and neo-nazi groups.  They work on the extremes.  Anyone with a tendency for violence is a prime target for Russian influence operations.

I’m not saying the Russians planned the JFK assassination.  I’m saying they harnessed Oswald’s rage and steered him in the direction to assassinate JFK.  You say the Soviets wouldn’t do such a thing because it would risk catastrophic war, well they certainly did absolutely nothing to stop him.

It’s not like the Russians would use a chemical weapon on British soil to carry out an assassination...except they did.

It’s not like Russia would launch an all out assault on American democracy...except they did.

It’s not like we have neo-nazis here in the US marching up and down the street chanting “Russia is our friend”...except we do.

It’s foolish to underestimate just how brazen the Russians can be.

JMO

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

A couple of vets will nod their heads when I tell this, even if they don't want to step forward and possibly be singled out by The Powers That Be:

Since at least the 80s, there has been a shadow force, an Army-within-an-Army, operating freely on our military bases. This mysterious organization calls itself OPFOR. OPFOR openly practices attacking our loyal troops with simulated (for now) weaponry. Who knows what will happen if word comes down to strike for real.

I know, because I was groomed and recruited by OPFOR.

We rode in US Government vehicles and wore Government-issued uniforms, sometimes altered in superficial ways. We passed unchallenged through all areas, and slept in normal barracks, though kept apart. We were paid in US "Dollars", though of course, unbacked by gold, those are a convenient fiction.

OPFOR. You have been warned. Now either Wake Up, or slip back into sleep.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:39 AM, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I dont know why they changed the name from Constantinople to Istanbul, but I do know it ain't nobody's business but the Turks.

A few Greeks and Armenians might disagree.

31 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

A couple of vets will nod their heads when I tell this, even if they don't want to step forward and possibly be singled out by The Powers That Be:

Since at least the 80s, there has been a shadow force, an Army-within-an-Army, operating freely on our military bases. This mysterious organization calls itself OPFOR. OPFOR openly practices attacking our loyal troops with simulated (for now) weaponry. Who knows what will happen if word comes down to strike for real.

I know, because I was groomed and recruited by OPFOR.

We rode in US Government vehicles and wore Government-issued uniforms, sometimes altered in superficial ways. We passed unchallenged through all areas, and slept in normal barracks, though kept apart. We were paid in US "Dollars", though of course, unbacked by gold, those are a convenient fiction.

OPFOR. You have been warned. Now either Wake Up, or slip back into sleep.

No you fool. Everyone knows the E4 Mafia runs the US Army, and thus the Free World. Their Creed has been leaked.