2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

Texas wins 5-4 and whacks 3 more HR.

64 team HR now. We are barely on pace to surpass the school record now  

64 in 38 games. We have 9 games left + Big 12 tournament (3 games). Plus at least 3 NCAA games, minimum. 

Edited by Js1

All tied up. Walk by Whitaker and then Day singles. PR Williams goes first to third and scored on a throwing error to third. 

3-3

Then KU drops an infield pop up. Runners on 2nd and 3rd, no out 

Edited by Js1

22 hours ago, Js1 said:

Texas wins 10-8. 

Off until we host OK State this weekend 

Wish we had a midweek tuneup after the less than stellar pitching Sunday.

Ok St has 2 road games this week,  Tue @Wichita State and Wed @Tulsa.    Pivotal series for 2d place in conf and RPI.  

Capture.PNG

Edited by torre

4 minutes ago, torre said:

Wish we had a midweek tuneup after the less than stellar pitching Sunday.

Ok St has 2 road games this week,  Tue @Wichita State and Wed @Tulsa.    Pivotal series for 2d place in conf and RPI.  

While I would normally agree, I think Mike scheduled no mid-week games to end the season to keep the team fresh for postseason play.  Unless we are adding a really good opponent to make up for those games we lost, I don't feel the need to add in a sub-100 RPI team late in the season just for "tune-ups" 

We have 6 games left - 3 vs. Ok State and then 3 vs. Baylor.   Then Big 12 tournament. 

We were 16th in the last RPI - 3 vs OSU (#9 RPI) and 3 vs Baylor (#49).  

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

While I would normally agree, I think Mike scheduled no mid-week games to end the season to keep the team fresh for postseason play.  Unless we are adding a really good opponent to make up for those games we lost, I don't feel the need to add in a sub-100 RPI team late in the season just for "tune-ups" 

We have 6 games left - 3 vs. Ok State and then 3 vs. Baylor.   Then Big 12 tournament. 

We were 16th in the last RPI - 3 vs OSU (#9 RPI) and 3 vs Baylor (#49).  

Point well taken  !   

16 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This is a huge series this weekend. Oklahoma State is #8 in RPI and Texas #11 in RPI.

Winner of this series is probably getting a national seed. 

All the way up to #11 is awesome!  We jumped 7 spots from last week. 

Out of the current top 8, LSU is only team I think doesn't get a top 8 seed (28-15).  UCLA, Alabama, Florida, Florida St, Arkansas, OU, OSU should. Washington may sneak in there instead of LSU.  If Texas wins the OSU series and sweeps Baylor, we could be the 8th spot.  Gotta see how these other games play out. 

Baylor is also up to 43, so that's 6 top 50 games Texas has left.  And Baylor's will go up just by playing OU tonight (DH on ESPNU). 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Baylor is also up to 43, so that's 6 top 50 games Texas has left.  And Baylor's will go up just by playing OU tonight (DH on ESPNU). 

OU wins first game,   7-1.    Baylor had a 1-0 lead thru 3 and then Mendes with a grand slam.   Sounds familiar.    The OU series was terrible for Texas Softball.  Sry,  I just can't get over it.  Just be competitive.

Since the OU/Baylor series was earlier postponed due to Covid (Baylor),  seems they will only play the DH.

https://soonersports.com/sports/softball/schedule/2021

16 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I trust Adams on the mound a lot more than White, but Mike almost always taps White to come in to pitch when given the choice. I 100% understand her decision 

White is a true FR and a 5 star talent. You have to live with the growing pains that come with giving a young player reps. 

Also, if you don't play the talented players they will transfer. See Grace Green last season. 

White is going to be a much better pitcher than Adams in a year or two. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

That’s interesting 

Especially at this time of year.   4th year,  may have graduated in Dec or scheduled in May.   Respected her for not transferring and being a team player.   Per reports, highly recruited and successful in travel ball.   Type of pitcher that could come in and give the opponent a different look for a few batters or innings.   Always good to have a 5th pitcher for the tournament.

Though now improved,  Covid made for a more stressful season with testing requirements,  lack of social interaction with teammates, etc.

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Do we have any really great recruit pitchers/hitters coming in next year that we are really excited about.......difference makers?

Sophia Simpson - pitcher

Mia Scott and Mya Holmes - hitters

• Hook 'Em 1