2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

Make it 12 LOB.  Whitaker slow AF and still almost beat it out. 

Just FRUSTRATING watching us stare at some really good pitches (except Burke, who is being aggressive).  That first pitch was Whitaker's to juice. 

Edited by Js1

Holy shit!  Huge caught stealing.  I guess Okie State wanting to get that extra winning run into scoring position.

In all seriousness, what was the runner on 3rd doing?  That had to be a planned double steal.

I get softball isn’t supposed to be baseball, and I’m not advocating for that, part of what makes softball unique is that it’s the only women’s sport I believe that isn’t directly like it’s male counterpart. 

That being said I think we can all agree that there is something wrong when a runner on 1st can score STANDING UP on a simple drop 3rd strike throwing error down the line in which the RF was backing up the throw.

Edited by chase25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The schools will kill any attempt bc it’ll cost money to redo fields and push out fences  and the NCAA won’t pay for it 

Probably right, but there at least has to be a play at the plate IMO on a play like that. Just doing a disservice to the competition 

5 minutes ago, chase25 said:

That being said I think we can all agree that there is something wrong when a runner on 1st can score STANDING UP on a simple drop 3rd strike throwing error down the line in which the RF was backing up the throw.

And she was only even running because they couldn't PR for her again. 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And she was only even running because they couldn't PR for her again. 

I don’t know much about any of the players except the names of several of the Texas players and I know who is good for Texas. Know nothing really about any players for other programs so if the girl on 1st for Okie State was slow and someone they would usually PR for... Man that makes it worse

Texas wins 7-4. Texas needs Iowa State to win AND OSU to only score 5 or less in the loss AND Iowa State to score 5 or less in the win. Something like 4-3 or 5-4 ISU win would push us to the champ game. 

Texas runs 7 + 2 = 9

OSU runs 3 + ?

ISU runs 4 + ?

Texas would have the H2H over ISU if they score 5 and win. 

But I think we’ll be in the 3rd place game tomorrow