2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

aggy should probably be making a softball coaching change and Gajewski should be their top target if they’re smart. 

Or Geri Glasco at ULL. Jo Evans is getting the Connie Clark “eh whatever” treatment 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

I was flipping by the sports channels and saw aggy and tenn tied in the 9th so I stopped to watch. What fun. Aggy doesn’t get rung up on what seemed an obvious strike 3 then hits a hr on the next pitch, then goes back to the circle and gives up a walkoff 2 run double to secure their annual first round tourney loss.  She apparently had the only 4 aggy hits in the game, 2 2b and 2 hr. 

• Haha 1

NCAA Selection show Sunday, May 16, 8PM, ESPN2.

(large font from article)

Game 1: How to watch Texas vs. Oklahoma State

The game begins at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 14.

The event can be watched on ESPNU.

Game 2: How to watch Texas vs. Iowa State

The game begins at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 14.

The event can be streamed on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.  

TBD: Third-place game

The game begins at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 15.

TBD: Second-place game

The game begins at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 15.

TBD: Big 12 championship game

The game begins at 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 15.

The event can be watched on ESPN2.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/softball/2021/05/10/big-12-softball-texas-longhorns-tv-streaming-espn/5026147001/

• Hook 'Em 1

We need that game 1 sooooooooooooooooooooo bad.  Even if we get shit blasted by OU 22-0 in the Big 12 champ game, we need that win over OSU.  I don't think we'd get a top 8 seed with a win over OSU, BUT I'd rather be in the 9-11 range than the 12-16 range where you are going to get matched up with someone like UCLA, Alabama, OU or  Florida.   I'd feel more confident in a three game series with an Arkansas, an LSU, an FSU or an Ok State.   

We were pretty darn close to a series win (8 inning loss in game 2) versus LSU and we were absolutely in two of those games versus Ok State (two 2-run losses). 

Yesterday's projections: https://d1softball.com/d1softball-field-of-64-projections-may-12/

They actually have us OUT as a host (#17) - Texas is currently #9 in the RPI with a game against #7 tomorrow.  Meanwhile, they are giving host sites to: #15 Oregon, #18 Kentucky, #20 Clemson and #26 ULL.   I think we host - that would be some BULLSHIT if we didn't. 

Our biggest resume problems right now are: #132 SOS (OU is #176, OSU is #102, Arizona is #110), 2-8 versus the top 25 (Arizona is 4-9, Oregon is 6-12).  NC SOS is #141 - OU is #194, Tenn is #138, Arizona St. is #121, Missouri is #124, Washington is #170, Oregon is #148

• Hook 'Em 2

Thanks for those projections !     If MW returns to Eugene he will need Secret Service protection.

Will be interesting to see how the committee rates strength of schedule since so many schedules/tournaments affected by Covid.  

1 minute ago, torre said:

Thanks for those projections !     If MW returns to Eugene he will need Secret Service protection.

Will be interesting to see how the committee rates strength of schedule since so many schedules/tournaments affected by Covid.  

Yep.  The committee needs to remember, for instance, that we lost 2 games against Bama and a game against Arizona due to weather.   Our NC SOS would have been a lot higher. 

Ok State with all kinds of problems - 

Leadoff single by Jefferson
Rhodes popped up bunt - OK State player dropped it on the transfer, allowing Jefferson to move up to second
Ok State SS dropped a pop up, allowing Burke to reach - Jefferson could not advance though

Ellsworth 3rd hit.  Runners 1st and 2nd with 1 out. 

Ellsworth and Burke are ON FIRE.  Move both of them up.   It should be Jefferson, Burke, Iakopo, Ellsworth, Rhodes

Edited by Js1