2021 Australian Open

shadow_operative2.0

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Only bad thing about this match so far is Evert. I cannot fucking stand her in the booth. 

I think that Evert can offer good insight, but she pulls for Serena and broadcasts like most viewers do as well...

...and I don’t. 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

This is definitely the JV version of the semis. Playing 3, but it ain’t real quality. 

This whole night so far has had very few great points. It almost feels like  watching a scrimmage. (But that last point was pretty good.)

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

What a fucked up last game. 

Typical All-American final at 2:30 am on a Friday night. 

The last game was far and away the most entertaining game of the match. Some great serves, so horrible shots, some great shots, some horrible serves, but very entertaining all the same. 

I’m glad that Jen won, but it wasn’t easy. 

17 hours ago, HoustonFrog said:

Best and most interesting match of the tournament is tonight - Medvedev vs Tsitsipas. They are both playing really good tennis AND they hate each other. Good stuff.

I don’t mind Djoker as much as others, but his “injuries” are lame as shit.

SEMIFINALS ANALYSIS:

Monte Carlo, Monaco Residents:

Djokovic, Medvedev, & Tsitsipas

Russian Heritage:

Medvedev, Karatsev, & Tsitsipas (Ruskie Mom)

Mediterranean Connection Growing Up:

Djokovic (Serbia), Tsitsipas (Greece), & Karatsev (Israel)

Lots of overlap among the Final Four.

Edited by Napoleon

I watched some of Osaka v Serena and it was interesting to listen to the commentary, primarily by Evert. The cheerleading is quite easy to catch. The most ridiculous lines were when they were talking about how Osaka doesn't want to walk near to Serena during breaks "to avoid her aura". They talk as if Serena is the same player she was 15 years ago. She's just not. And there is nothing wrong with that.

It's just Father Time winning the game.

I also watched a bit of Medvedev this morning and those serves are wicked. It made me wonder some about the difference between men and women players and what came to mind was this - Is the gap between women and men greater now, or was it greater in the 1970s? There are videos out there of Serena and other women players trying to return serves from men. But these serves this morning were even more dangerous than what those videos show.

These guys are so big now and cover so much ground and hit the ball so damn hard. It's crazy/amazing

• Hook 'Em 2