The White House Correspondents' Dinner

burntorangebongos

46 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

President Snowflake had to go to a safe space.

The politics board on this new website is getting closer to being a liberal safe space...  

Hate to say it, but the old place was much more balanced.  

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Why does it need to be balanced?

it doesn't, but look at anyone who says anything remotely conservative on this board their rep is red.  The group think and socks is leading to a liberal "safe space" much like the one you're accusing Trump of going to...  

• Like 2

Well, educated people tend to lean left, so it makes sense that the politics board here reflects that.

Bull shit.  I know plenty of "educated" people who lean right, myself being one.  

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, SDG said:

it doesn't, but look at anyone who says anything remotely conservative on this board their rep is red.  The group think and socks is leading to a liberal "safe space" much like the one you're accusing Trump of going to...  

If conservatives are afraid to speak up, that’s their problem.  No one is suppressing anyone’s speech here.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, SDG said:

So basically like the old board but in reverse.  Oh well, suck it.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If conservatives are afraid to speak up, that’s their problem.  No one is suppressing anyone’s speech here.

Again that's bullshit.  look at any poster who post anything remotely conservative and their rep (yeah it's fake) is completely red.  Also see how many threads in Board Discussions about shaggy conservative posters.  there are several liberal posters with multiple socks that neg everything because they can't handle a different opinion  (see safe space).  How many conservatives have done that?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I don't doubt that, but these days more lean left than they do right. It's one of the bigger political shifts over the last 25 years.

It's not really a shift.  Educated people tend to be smart.  Smart people tend to support the side of the aisle that advocates smart policy.  Currently, that's the modern left.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I don't doubt that, but these days more lean left than they do right. It's one of the bigger political shifts over the last 25 years.

The problem is anti-Trump gets mistaken for being left.

There are plenty of anti-Trump conservatives here.

It’s the trumpkins that are missing.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, SDG said:

Again that's bullshit.  look at any poster who post anything remotely conservative and their rep (yeah it's fake) is completely red.  Also see how many threads in Board Discussions about shaggy conservative posters.  there are several liberal posters with multiple socks that neg everything because they can't handle a different opinion  (see safe space).  How many conservatives have done that?  

I like giving positive rep so much I can't give anymore today.

I never neg rep. I think it's lame.

I like giving positive rep so much I can't give anymore today.

I never neg rep. I think it's lame.

Well I appreciate that you are not trying to add to the "safe space" mentality, but it's in fact happening here.  

You're seriously bitching about this when (a) neg rep means nothing and (b) the old Cloak Room was basically the KKK on steroids?

Fuck that.  Turnabout is fair play.  Maybe people just finally wised up and you're slow on the uptake.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, SDG said:

Rep doesn’t mean shit.  If you take it seriously, it’s on you. I have at least three neg rep stalkers.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rep doesn’t mean shit.  If you take it seriously, it’s on you. I have at least three neg rep stalkers and IDGAF.

I don't take is seriously, hence I'm still here, but many others are classically conditioned to and you can't help but notice any conservative on this board has -30 or more rep count.  This is by definition trying to create a safe space for liberals.  

Edited by SDG

Don't let this safe space thing happen. Fuck that. Say your piece and debate your points. I learn shit when that happens. I confess to never watching one of these or even one Obama State of the Union because I was too busy with a sick husband and I felt that shit was going to be taken care of. Well, things are different now and I want to understand things now. If this is an echo chamber then break in and say something. 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're seriously bitching about this when (a) neg rep means nothing and (b) the old Cloak Room was basically the KKK on steroids?

Fuck that.  Turnabout is fair play.  Maybe people just finally wised up and you're slow on the uptake.

Whole lot of dick swinging over there when the doofus won.

Even his true believers know by now he's a complete idiot.

2 minutes ago, SDG said:

I don't take is seriously, hence I'm still here, but many others are classically conditioned to and you can't help but notice any conservative on this board has -30 or more rep count.  This is by definition trying to create a safe space for liberals.  

Your rep is + 20.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SDG said:

I personally don’t care for any rep system.

We could use some Russian trolls to spice things up I suppose.

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Your rep is + 20.

That’s from the football board. I think I’m batting -50 or so in politics here and I don’t post in here much.  I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of say trump went to his safe space when that’s exactly what’s being created here.  

17 minutes ago, SDG said:

Your rep talking is begging for negative rep.  No one is creating a safe space for anyone.  Stop being a pussy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Your rep talking is begging for negative rep.  No one is creating a safe space for anyone.  Stop being a pussy.

You’ve been here like three minutes so shut the fuck up.  

Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Kellyanne Conway got wrecked.  She straight up called them liars to their face and ridiculed them.

She went after the media for profiting off of Trump...legit criticism 

She called Trump poor.

Trump will be triggered 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I think she did the correspondence association a diservice.

Trump says the same type shit every time he speaks.  Calling people liars, making fun of people, ridiculing the press.

I think her being offensively brutal was a good reminder that these are not normal times.  There is no counterbalance to Trump and Wolfe just gave us a glimpse of what that might look like.

It’s ugly, just like Trump.

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No one should feel sorry for SHS or Kellyanne.

No one.

They shouldn’t. But they will. This admin loves being the victim. For that reason, this will be a success for them. Trump will blast her tomorrow and get his side to feel sorry for the two. Most will see the jokes as a little too far and will be sympathetic, especially since they were in attendance. 

This is what this admin does well.