The White House Correspondents' Dinner

burntorangebongos

The two bits about Handmaid's Tale were great.  Rest of it fell quite flat.  I don't know what kinda Kaufman/Tony Clifton thing Emma Stone tried to do tonight to curry favor with the left but she does not have standup comedy bones.  She can act funny in movies, but she was off tonight.  And who the fuck told her to go all Rachel Dolezal with her hairdo, too?  Weird night for an otherwise great actress.  

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trump loathing is a bi-partisan cause.

He isnt a conservative, and neither, for that matter, is most of the current GOP.

Bingo.  All the rational conservatives I know despise Trump for hijacking their party.

Trump is not a conservative or even a Republican.  He's just a con and a salesman.  The fact that he's fooled roughly 60% of conservatives into supporting him shows that roughly 60% of conservatives are really fucking gullible.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Bingo.  All the rational conservatives I know despise Trump for hijacking their party.

Trump is not a conservative or even a Republican.  He's just a con and a salesman.  The fact that he's fooled roughly 60% of conservatives into supporting him shows that roughly 60% of conservatives are really fucking gullible.

Nah, it's more like he's not Hilary Clinton.

• Like 1

That Trump didn’t show up for this event (again) automatically makes his minions look like fools. The entire point of this is to get roasted, and if you can’t stand up like a man you don’t get to bitch about the results.

4 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

That Trump didn’t show up for this event (again) automatically makes his minions look like fools. The entire point of this is to get roasted, and if you can’t stand up like a man you don’t get to bitch about the results.

He's far too busy going after a senator from Montana from a bully's pulpit in Michigan to take criticism in Washington.

And if that sentence appears to be confusing, then it is the perfect symbol for our political system and this insane McChucklefuck residing in the White House.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I personally don’t care for any rep system.

We could use some Russian trolls to spice things up I suppose.

Swam has has been MIA for a month and some blatant trolls on other boards I read have conveniently disappeared since about the same time.  Seems to be an interesting correlation.  I guess the troll farm got raided. 

Eh. This wasn't as good as last year's (Hasan Minhaj). Part of the good WHCD comedy addresses is having a cogent message woven into it. Despite his biting jokes, he had a positive, uplifting message about his upbringing, the role of the 1st amendment, and the future of journalism. It's why Colbert's is still the gold standard and Minhaj's was probably the closest tor reaching it.

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Swam has has been MIA for a month and some blatant trolls on other boards I read have conveniently disappeared since about the same time.  Seems to be an interesting correlation.  I guess the troll farm got raided. 

Sun spots or swamp gas must be jamming his wifi or 3g or whatever.

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Someday Kevin is gonna get tired of lording over his scat site and will reveal that Swam and his sock army were collectively responsible for 25 percent of all cloak room posts.

5 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Eh. This wasn't as good as last year's (Hasan Minhaj). Part of the good WHCD comedy addresses is having a cogent message woven into it. Despite his biting jokes, he had a positive, uplifting message about his upbringing, the role of the 1st amendment, and the future of journalism. It's why Colbert's is still the gold standard and Minhaj's was probably the closest tor reaching it.

Fuck that.  I love that she went scorched earth on everyone, including journalists. Burn it all down. 

The WHCD is ridiculous anyways.  We shouldn't want the media having a night with politicians where they can all play dress up and suck each other's dicks.  I find it completely intolerable with Trump in office. 

Trump is so broke that his lawyer needs to pay off his mistresses.

i thought she was fine. It’s a thankless job and mouth breathers like the geniuses above are always going to complain about “muh president” being attacked.

I didn't watch but did hear a few jokes today.  Seems like the comedian went too far but then again we have a president that made personal attacks on women, during his campaign, based on their looks as well.  I believe they're all still waiting on an apology.  If anything the comedian last night was following his lead. 

SHS and Kelly Anne can't really push back since they defend Trump for his behavior.  I believe SHS always chalks it up to Americans knew they chose a counter puncher as Prez so she needs to take it when it hits her in the face.   Seems like she did, so good for her.  

Sick comeback, bro.

Attack her routine (it was a little off the rails at times) but attacking her appearance is hilarious given the bridge trolls that currently “run” the country.

Edited by VRHorn
Obviously for 1861 troll, but not quoting him.

13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Well, educated people tend to lean left, so it makes sense that the politics board here reflects that.

😂

Let's be 100 honest here.  Most people are sheep.  They're conformists.  Sadly our education system has rewarded this & our society has as well.  

Colleges have ceased to be educational institutions and have now become 90% indoctrination centers.  

Look no further than UT...University of Texas to Treat Masculinity as a 'Mental Health' Issue -  https://pjmedia.com/trending/university-of-texas-to-treat-masculinity-as-a-mental-health-issue/

What do you imagine would happen to a UT professor that came out and said that transgenders are mentally ill people in need of mental care...not gender reassignment surgery?  😯

Educated =/= smart anymore...'Educated' now = indoctrinated.  Free thinking, open mindedness isn't allowed.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XR4ticlone said:

😂

Let's be 100 honest here.  Most people are sheep.  They're conformists.  Sadly our education system has rewarded this & our society has as well.  

Colleges have ceased to be educational institutions and have now become 90% indoctrination centers.  

Look no further than UT...University of Texas to Treat Masculinity as a 'Mental Health' Issue -  https://pjmedia.com/trending/university-of-texas-to-treat-masculinity-as-a-mental-health-issue/

What do you imagine would happen to a UT professor that came out and said that transgenders are mentally ill people in need of mental care...not gender reassignment surgery?  😯

Educated =/= smart anymore...'Educated' now = indoctrinated.  Free thinking, open mindedness isn't allowed.   

Are you in the ten percent?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Just for fun here's a whole hour of him taking it. Pretty funny. 

https://player.vimeo.com/video/234793481

Except (and I am sure you don’t know this) the comics were explicitly told that no jokes about the orange baboon’s wealth were allowed. The snowflake made it a precondition of his appearance. I don’t recall if anyone did it anyway, but the stories behind that roast show what a child he is.

As for the cyclone, he’s from fucking Iowa - what does he know about anything?

• Like 1

Clearly Trump isn't the type of guy who can man up and handle sitting there and getting roasted.  The whole reason he ran for President was because Obama humiliated him at that dinner, IIRC. 

Of course, it's a win-win situation for Trump.  He doesn't go and have to sit through a bunch of self-absorbed hypocrites who profit off of everything he says/does giving him shit to bump up their leftist cred.  And what is Trump doing while this dinner is going on?  He's having a fucking rally in Michigan.  One of those "there's no way I'll lose this state so I won't bother campaigning there" places that Hillary fucked up on.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this movie before.  The Left keeps running with the snark, the sarcasm, and the better than you attitude.  Meanwhile, Trump is out there ginning up votes and keeping his base excited.  The economy is doing alright, we haven't been drug into another stupid war yet, and even though everyone said Trump was going to start WW3 with the Norks, the South Korean president just said Trump was instrumental in getting Dough Boy Kim to the table to negotiate historic peace talks.  At this point, the Dems absolutely need Mueller's investigation to find some serious collusion that points straight at Trump.

November isn't going to go nearly the way Dems had hoped and with their penchant for fucking up, this orange moron is gonna get four more years in office.  I can't even begin to imagine the meltdown if that happens.

13 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Clearly Trump isn't the type of guy who can man up and handle sitting there and getting roasted.  The whole reason he ran for President was because Obama humiliated him at that dinner, IIRC. 

Of course, it's a win-win situation for Trump.  He doesn't go and have to sit through a bunch of self-absorbed hypocrites who profit off of everything he says/does giving him shit to bump up their leftist cred.  And what is Trump doing while this dinner is going on?  He's having a fucking rally in Michigan.  One of those "there's no way I'll lose this state so I won't bother campaigning there" places that Hillary fucked up on.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this movie before.  The Left keeps running with the snark, the sarcasm, and the better than you attitude.  Meanwhile, Trump is out there ginning up votes and keeping his base excited.  The economy is doing alright, we haven't been drug into another stupid war yet, and even though everyone said Trump was going to start WW3 with the Norks, the South Korean president just said Trump was instrumental in getting Dough Boy Kim to the table to negotiate historic peace talks.  At this point, the Dems absolutely need Mueller's investigation to find some serious collusion that points straight at Trump.

November isn't going to go nearly the way Dems had hoped and with their penchant for fucking up, this orange moron is gonna get four more years in office.  I can't even begin to imagine the meltdown if that happens.

lollll

you sound like a triggered snowflake

9 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

lollll

you sound like a triggered snowflake

Sorry, buddy.  I'm a Libertarian.  We don't get triggered.  We just smoke pot, buy cryptocurrency, argue about silly shit like roads, and watch with mouths agape at the stupidity of people on both the Left and Right.

And Wolfe's bit at the dinner was hilarious.  She got errybody.  Watching Huckabee's face while she was being compared to Aunt Lydia from THT was amazing.

1 hour ago, XR4ticlone said:

😂

You've quite literally been indoctrinated to say that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1