The White House Correspondents' Dinner

burntorangebongos

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

It was savage - the transcript https://t.co/B2KeHhW33G

This one was nice:

Trump is so broke.

[AUDIENCE: How broke is he?]

He had to borrow money from the Russians, and now he's compromised and now susceptible to blackmail and possibly responsible for the collapse of the republic.

Yay. It's a fun game.

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

My best guess is that this is attempted snark at calling Obama or Hillary a traitor for sending uranium to Russia, even though neither Hillary or Obama have ever been involved in sending uranium to Russia. It's a stupid, easily refutable conspiracy on the level of pizza gate.

They had nothing to do with it?  🤣

His admin doesn't have responsibility for what happens during that time?  

Or are you going to make an argument that turning over 20% of US uranium to Russia was a good move? 😯  Cause I'm DYING to hear that argument. DYING! 

Be aware that the US is a NET importer of uranium...which IMHO makes the sale an absolute no go regardless of the buyer who was outside the US.

3 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Or are you going to make an argument that turning over 20% of US uranium to Russia was a good move? 😯  Cause I'm DYING to hear that argument. DYING! 

Be aware that the US is a NET importer of uranium...which IMHO makes the sale an absolute no go regardless of the buyer who was outside the US.

Sure it does. But it was unanimously approved by the CFIUS. The president accepted their recommendation to approve the sale. Only he could stop it.

What laws were broken and who broke them?

Edited by David Dennison

17 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Yeah!  🤨  And what about pizzagate????  🤔I bet her emails have all the answers!!!! 😤

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Missing emoji’s

26 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Sure it does. But it was unanimously approved by the CFIUS. The president accepted their recommendation to approve the sale. Only he could stop it.

What laws were broken and who broke them?

Member when that Fox News anchor debunked this conspiracy theory on live TV? I member.

• Like 1

These “journalists” sure do get uppity when someone calls them out.

The ones running to defend SHS are precious.

Apparently, some of these MSM journalists felt it was their duty to unite the country.

I think some of them just figured out that’s not their job...with all the rage being directed to them on Twitter.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

Well that's sweet.  

FTR...would you consider selling a limited supply, highly tactical, natural resource...a resource that we as a nation import...that can be used in manufacture of nuclear weapons...traitorous? 

Hint: This question may be less hypothetical than you might imagine. 😉

Now imagine if the person that bought it...was really evil.  Maybe not Russia evil...ok...maybe Russia evil*. 

*After 2012 Russia evil...because in 2012 they were a joke and 20+ years past being a security concern.  Then in 2016...back with a bullet baby!!!  

For someone that claims to not be indoctrinated, you believe some stupid shit. 

9 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

Well that's sweet.  

FTR...would you consider selling a limited supply, highly tactical, natural resource...a resource that we as a nation import...that can be used in manufacture of nuclear weapons...traitorous? 

Hint: This question may be less hypothetical than you might imagine. 😉

Now imagine if the person that bought it...was really evil.  Maybe not Russia evil...ok...maybe Russia evil*. 

*After 2012 Russia evil...because in 2012 they were a joke and 20+ years past being a security concern.  Then in 2016...back with a bullet baby!!!  

Aww so many words typed out to basically call yourself out as a fake news, conspiracy believing trumpkin. And I bet you thought you were being oh so clever, didn’t you?

7 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

Yes, both had nothing to do with sending uranium to Russia, because zero uranium is being sent to Russia.  I'm not arguing whether it's a good or bad move.  I'm arguing that it's a nothingburger and not some nefarious backdoor deal to hurt the U.S. for profit that Hannity and Trump have convinced their gullible bootlickers to believe.

9 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

It was savage - the transcript https://t.co/B2KeHhW33G

Reading the text is so much better because Wolf’s delivery is somewhat annoying.  

This speech was just the right mix of critique, humor, truth, and distasteful satire.

She went red wedding on the entire room, left and right.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

"Mike Pence is what happens when Anderson Cooper isn't gay."

That isn't that funny. It would've been funnier if she said Mike Pence is what happens if Anderson Cooper had stayed in the closet. 

i had that same impression.  i wish she had said: Mike Pence is what happens when Anderson Cooper doesn't know he's gay.

• Haha 2

On 4/28/2018 at 9:00 PM, SDG said:

The politics board on this new website is getting closer to being a liberal safe space...  

Hate to say it, but the old place was much more balanced.  

Just because there are more liberally minded people here doesn't mean its some sort of "safe space" or "escape room" where they all go to not have their opinions safe from scrutiny and removed by moderators. This is an open message board where stupid ideologies get negblasted into orbit for being stupid ideologies. Don't get your panties in a twist because you don't like being around liberals. There is no requirement or restriction to post here other than not being a troll (and I would generally assume not posting in support of neo-nazis, white nationalists, the alt-right, etc goes with this as well). Stop with your bitching about liberals. You sound like an insufferable cunt.

9 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

Lol, look at this idiot sheep 

one more thing.

i keep seeing people try to frame this situation in liberal/conservative terms, and that's a gross misrepresentation.  this whole matter is a legal issue and is centered on traitorous behavior, not politics.

edit: fix poorly stated comment

Edited by yaqdum

12 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

It's really something else to witness a person embody every single trait they accuse everyone who disagrees with them of holding. No wonder Trump was elected, if Fox News + email forwards are that effective. 

Every accusation is a confession.

33 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Just because there are more liberally minded people here doesn't mean its some sort of "safe space" or "escape room" where they all go to not have their opinions safe from scrutiny and removed by moderators. This is an open message board where stupid ideologies get negblasted into orbit for being stupid ideologies. Don't get your panties in a twist because you don't like being around liberals. There is no requirement or restriction to post here other than not being a troll (and I would generally assume not posting in support of neo-nazis, white nationalists, the alt-right, etc goes with this as well). Stop with your bitching about liberals. You sound like an insufferable cunt.

No it has been more nasty. It is getting a bit more liberal, which doesn't matter, but the intolerance level of anything that deviates from their point of view (of their opinion, not fact like that some to think is the case) is getting uber annoying.  

There are those who call anyone a racist who disagree with their  ......... "o-pinions".  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No it has been more nasty. It is getting a bit more liberal, which doesn't matter, but the intolerance level of anything that deviates from their point of view (of their opinion, not fact like that some to think is the case) is getting uber annoying.  

There are those who call anyone a racist who disagree with their  ......... "o-pinions".  

Holy shit.  Self aware much?  You don't know "nasty".  Go back and read your shit on the scat board, you fraud.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Holy shit.  Self aware much?  You don't know "nasty".  Go back and read your shit on the scat board, you fraud.

Oh I've been nasty, I'm not taking myself out of the equation. I can get in the mud like everyone else.  I don't think I've called people POS for their voting habits, idiots sure, but that's part of what made Shaggy fun.  

The majority of my posts are and were tongue in cheek.  Calling democrats idiots doesn't mean I don't think GOPer's are just as idiotic.

23 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Is it really more liberal, or is it that the Trump defenders have realized that Trump is indefensible?  Most of my family and acquaintances who were big Trump supporters have really toned it down as he’s said and done more stupid shit (or those around him have done or said stupid shit).  Nobody’s politics have changed. 

• Like 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Is it really more liberal, or is it that the Trump defenders have realized that Trump is indefensible?  Most of my family and acquaintances who were big Trump supporters have really toned it down as he’s said and done more stupid shit (or those around him have done or said stupid shit).  Nobody’s politics have changed. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Good point. I think Trump makes everyone more bristly in their opinions and posts. 

What has Trump done in the last month or so that would suddenly turn off one of his supporters? Something changed with the migration. 

In reference to the OP, I'd say the most offensive words were the quotes of the President. Entirely inappropriate for such a venue.