The White House Correspondents' Dinner

burntorangebongos

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Oh really? She hasn't consolidated much wealth or power. 

Maybe find a new trope. 

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/sites/default/files/2016_ar-financials.pdf

Total Revenue and Support $298,833,812

Clinton Foundation Expenses:

Management and General $29,239,881

Edited by Incredulity

9 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/sites/default/files/2016_ar-financials.pdf

Total Revenue and Support $298,833,812

Clinton Foundation Expenses:

Management and General $29,239,881

That's a charity. It's not the Clintons' money. They release all their tax documents.

How much has Trump enriched himself with our tax dollars since taking office?

There is literally no comparison between the two. The Trump administration is the most corrupt in the history of our country. The Clintons run a charity. They take donations and do charitable work. They aren't getting rich off of it. Their tax documents show that. Trump won't release his taxes. If you can look at that situation and make the claim that it's the Clintons who are corrupt and not Trump then you're dishonest and should be paid no heed. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That's a charity. It's not the Clintons' money. They release all their tax documents.

How much has Trump enriched himself with our tax dollars since taking office?

There is literally no comparison between the two. The Trump administration is the most corrupt in the history of our country. The Clintons run a charity. They take donations and do charitable work. They aren't getting rich off of it. Their tax documents show that. Trump won't release his taxes. If you can look at that situation and make the claim that it's the Clintons who are corrupt and not Trump then you're dishonest and should be paid no heed. 

I didn't say shit about Trump.  Thats on you.

I merely countered the notion that the Clinton's are poor and don't have power.

Anyone who holds sway over hundreds of millions of dollars of money has significant power.

I used to think this was a bit, but there are actually people that truly believe that if Trump loses the election in 2020 that he won't leave office?  That is past crazy to just plain retarded.

As to the dinner, the WHC had to know what they were getting when they hired her.  It didnt seem to me to be that brutal but it was just completely unfunny.  I am sure it resonated with about 10% of the market but the other 90% just thought it was dumb.

7 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

I used to think this was a bit, but there are actually people that truly believe that if Trump loses the election in 2020 that he won't leave office?  That is past crazy to just plain retarded.

As to the dinner, the WHC had to know what they were getting when they hired her.  It didnt seem to me to be that brutal but it was just completely unfunny.  I am sure it resonated with about 10% of the market but the other 90% just thought it was dumb.

You might need to check somewhere other than Rasmussen for your percentages.

I'd say that the odds are higher that Trump declares himself as president for life than any president in a long time, but those odds are so low as to not really mean anything. Trump is bad for the country and has turned me into a straight ticket D voter until he's gone, but he'll leave when voted out. That's just a step away from Alex Jones ranting about black helicopters.

27 minutes ago, Mole said:

I'd say that the odds are higher that Trump declares himself as president for life than any president in a long time, but those odds are so low as to not really mean anything. Trump is bad for the country and has turned me into a straight ticket D voter until he's gone, but he'll leave when voted out. That's just a step away from Alex Jones ranting about black helicopters.

If he tried to do anything like that the Secret Service and any military around him would stand down and he'd be left completely unprotected.

Edited by David Dennison

I would expect Trump to (a) not concede and (b) demand a recount should he lose the electoral college in 2020.  At that point, it would become such a circus that hanging chads would seem mild by comparison.

I don't think there is a chance in hell his opponent would not be inaugurated on time.

This isn't conspiracy theory at work.  It's an observation of a man who simply cannot take "no" for an answer.  If you don't think he'll try to muck up the process you're a fool.  There's no way he'll succeed, but he'll try, and the dumbfuck Trumpkins will most definitely get very riled up in the meantime.

• Like 1

If all that is being said is that Trump would turn losing an election into a circus, that sounds like a given considering his history. He turned winning an election into a circus. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheeeit said:

I don’t think she was trying all that hard to be funny. I think she showed up there to insult everyone and possibly get famous doing so. 

Mission accomplished. 

• Like 1

And captain trump and the trumpkins calling someone else vulgar, rude and insulting is pretty damn funny when you think about it. Team Snowflake loves to dish it out but weeble wobble if you shove their crap right back in their face. 

• Like 1

is it a prerequisite for joining the gop that you have to be thin-skinned?  seems like this was not really newsworthy, that everyone should have expected a little ribbing, and that it wasn't all that aggressive or pointed of a ribbing.  let's move on to some of the country's bigger problems please.

44 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

is it a prerequisite for joining the gop that you have to be thin-skinned?  seems like this was not really newsworthy, that everyone should have expected a little ribbing, and that it wasn't all that aggressive or pointed of a ribbing.  let's move on to some of the country's bigger problems please.

It was a slow news weekend. 

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

That, or maybe she's actually sick and tired of watching the media all sit around sucking each other's dicks while they are getting the shit kicked out of them at researching and understanding one of the biggest scandals in history by hobbyists on Twitter. 

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

The gop needs something to rile their base with in the football off season.

4 minutes ago, Pods said:

That, or maybe she's actually sick and tired of watching the media all sit around sucking each other's dicks while they are getting the shit kicked out of them at researching and understanding one of the biggest scandals in history by hobbyists on Twitter. 

What is the media supposed to do?

I hear you that they’re pussyfooting around the biggest scandal in U.S. history but how are they supposed to convey that to the public without coming off as incredibly biased or undermining the Mueller investigation?

A major mistake that led to Trump was the “conservatives” completely abandoning and bashing the MSM in favor of more shady sources of information, many turned out to be Russian propaganda.

It would really suck to see the left fall into the same trap.

It’s okay to criticize the MSM for their flaws like not calling out liars when they lie or holding elected officials accountable but going scorched earth on them is a big reason we’re in this mess. We should expect better but continue to support these institutions IMO.

21 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

finally got to watch Wolf's roast; I thought it was pretty tame tbh. then again I watch some pretty raunchy comics.

For just a standard stand-up routine, it was rather tame.  For the WHCD, it was a house fire.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, David Dennison said:

If he tried to do anything like that the Secret Service and any military around him would stand down and he'd be left completely unprotected.

Or proceed to pistol whip him. They have to be sick of his shit already

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Or proceed to pistol whip him. They have to be sick of his shit already

They have to be.  But they're professionals and I seriously doubt we'll see any Praetorian Guard shit go down.  At least I hope not.  No good could come from it.

22 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What is the media supposed to do?

I hear you that they’re pussyfooting around the biggest scandal in U.S. history but how are they supposed to convey that to the public without coming off as incredibly biased or undermining the Mueller investigation?

A major mistake that led to Trump was the “conservatives” completely abandoning and bashing the MSM in favor of more shady sources of information, many turned out to be Russian propaganda.

It would really suck to see the left fall into the same trap.

It’s okay to criticize the MSM for their flaws like not calling out liars when they lie or holding elected officials accountable but going scorched earth on them is a big reason we’re in this mess. We should expect better but continue to support these institutions IMO.

I'm definitely not in favor of abandoning and bashing the media, that's why I'd like to see them tighten some shit up. We need the media and we need them to be strong and independent.Trumpkins are going to attack them anyway, they will never win over that demographic and they need to quit trying. 

Another example, there is zero reason for Jason Miller or his ilk to ever be on CNN or MSNBC. If they are ever on, they should be called out blatantly for their blatant lies. 

This is what they need to do if they're going to continue to put this tool on. Not sure why they don't do it more either, Rick Wilson versus any Trumpkin should be great ratings. What's the fine for him saying "bullshit" at 2:16? I bet it's worth it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Don Lemon called him out for being a liar the other night.  He wasn't on CNN for a few days after that.

Good. He should never be on CNN and they should revoke his enormous and enormously stupid contract. He's repeatedly lied on the air, there should be plenty to fire him for cause. 

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

CNN bugs the hell out of me with their programming decisions.

Me too, overall they've got the best coverage of it, but most of the parts are absolutely unwatchable. 

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Don Lemon called him out for being a liar the other night.  He wasn't on CNN for a few days after that.

5 minutes ago, Pods said:

Good. He should never be on CNN and they should revoke his enormous and enormously stupid contract. He's repeatedly lied on the air, there should be plenty to fire him for cause. 

let's not overlook that only 40% of his face is his actual face.

also, he's the fucking dude who said kellyanne conways tits were "shriveled up funbags"

Edited by hayden_horn

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

let's not overlook that only 40% of his face is his actual face.

also, he's the fucking dude who said kellyanne conways tits were "shriveled up funbags"

Yeah, he looks like someone drew a face on a thumb and gave it a goatee to make it more believable. 

Then every time he opens his mouth, he turns that goatee into a goatse. 

Edited by Pods