2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

45 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

We shouldn’t wait until the trade deadline to deal Joey; one of these insane hit streaks is the time to do it. It sucks because I really like Joey as a player, but given his age, contract, arbitration status, we’ll never get a higher return than right now. He’s Gorman Thomas with way better range and a slightly worse arm…

And he's a Scott Boras client.

I'm on the fence with Gallo. I like the guy, but will he ever figure out a way to produce consistantly? Odds are probably against it, but he at least has made progress in some ways. His defense is a plus. He seems to genuinely want to stay with the Rangers, if Boros doesn't feck that up. I like guys that are bought into the program like that, good team chemistry guys. So I'd like to see him stay and hope for the best if they aren't getting a pretty hefty return for him.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:07 PM, DougO said:

I'm on the fence with Gallo. I like the guy, but will he ever figure out a way to produce consistantly? Odds are probably against it, but he at least has made progress in some ways. His defense is a plus. He seems to genuinely want to stay with the Rangers, if Boros doesn't feck that up. I like guys that are bought into the program like that, good team chemistry guys. So I'd like to see him stay and hope for the best if they aren't getting a pretty hefty return for him.

Leading the majors in walks.

@shadow_operative2.0 btw taking you off ignore and I will be posting here on occasion because I do love the Rangers and we are entering the dark sports period before football starts. Be a cunt if you want. I don't care. Go Rangers. 

Edited by ztejas

That Dean Palmer reference sent me into a wormhole on YouTube looking for Dean Palmer highlights, which took me to some mid-90's Ranger era videos. 

I forgot how much I loved the 1996 Rangers uniforms and looking at the fans and executives sense of style here, I can't believe it's been 25 years.

• Like 1