2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

I googled for the answer and saw a recent article on Cleveland joining the infamous 2nd time club. The article did not list the Rangers among those teams no-hit twice, it it wasn't quite up to date. But it stated that no MLB team had been no-hit three times in a season. That could also be wrong, but if so I think it's within reach.

Let's gooooooo!

12 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

When will the ship turn? Tell me what to look for. 

2023 at a minimum, more likely a year after that.  The sign will be when they start spending money on legitimate free agents.  I was looking at their payroll on spotrac last night, they are just about out of the woods when it comes to dead money and bad contracts. There is something like $25 million going to Andrus and Odor next year and the only player under an actual contract is Gibson at $7 million.  The rest are in some phase of arbitration.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

When will the ship turn? Tell me what to look for. 

Don't look at the big club.  Look down in the minors.  Cole Winn has been really good with the exception of his last start.  

Bubba Thompson has had a good start.  Jung should be back next week.

Plus the draft

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

2023 at a minimum, more likely a year after that.  The sign will be when they start spending money on legitimate free agents.  I was looking at their payroll on spotrac last night, they are just about out of the woods when it comes to dead money and bad contracts. There is something like $25 million going to Andrus and Odor next year and the only player under an actual contract is Gibson at $7 million.  The rest are in some phase of arbitration.  

Aren't they still paying Fielder, too? I may be completely wrong (er, most likely).