DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

10 hours ago, Crusher said:

Just be honest.

still waiting on you to answer whether or not you think immigrants are bringing in diseases. was a couple weeks ago but you never replied.

Just be honest.

Edited by achooloco

37 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

These are human beings looking for a better life.  They are by and large hard working people who will contribute to our society.  We have room for them and should be working to welcome them and have them start being a part of our great experiment. 

This can't be said enough times. We are regressing as a country instead of embracing these fellow human being. Pence looked like he was standing in front of a cage of rabid dogs.

Truth be told, I don't think the WH wants asylum laws to change or for people to stop coming. "Keep on coming, and we'll fill the cages up even tighter!!"

Can we stop this simulation please?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

4 point plan:

1.) A Marshall Plan style investment in Central America to rebuild what we destroyed.  If you cared to study history, you'd know why it's a mess and why these people are fleeing.

2.) Semi-open borders.  Create a "schengen" zone between North and Central America and make it easy to get a work visa if sponsored by an employer.  Allow market dynamics to govern employment, but raise the federal minimum wage to prevent slave wages.

Fun fact: did you know that the concept of open borders is a Libertarian ideal, not a liberal one?

3.) Medicare for all citizens and legal residents, with cost-plus care for all others.

4.) Legalize, regulate and tax all drugs.  Use the proceeds and savings (DEA war on drugs, domestic law enforcement, courts, prisons, etc.) To pay for addiction treatment research and care.

Bonus result: significantly fewer African Americans in prison due to drugs and gang activity will help improve racial incarceration disparities, and the economy at large.

That should be a good start.

quoted for this page bc its a damn good start. too bad the bigots from the prior page like PolloSandwich and crusher won't understand.

" Allow market dynamics to govern employment, but raise the federal minimum wage to prevent slave wages."

LOLz.  let the market decide...but don't.  You motherfuckers haven't even decided the best way to fuck this shit up.

Free shit for everyone...and penalize those who are achieving more  to further incentivize the effort.  Cost care plus for non-citizens?  

Lovely.

Edited by slorch

33 minutes ago, achooloco said:

quoted for this page bc its a damn good start. too bad the bigots from the prior page like PolloSandwich and crusher won't understand.

They won’t because they don’t want to. They do not want to break out of their little fantasyland and would rather climb up that tree.

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

4 point plan:

1.) A Marshall Plan style investment in Central America to rebuild what we destroyed.  If you cared to study history, you'd know why it's a mess and why these people are fleeing.

Thank you for making this point 1 as it’s easily the most important one of your four. Chicken, Crusher and slorch like to pretend not to know it, but the #1 method to curbing influxes of illegal immigration and refugee flows is to not give them reasons to do so. People in Central America aren’t born with some uniquely inbuilt instinct/desire to flee their homelands. They do so because to live even a moderately dignified life, it has to take place elsewhere because doing so in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras et al is as likely as it is for the aforementioned posters to even understand any of this.

2.) Semi-open borders.  Create a "schengen" zone between North and Central America and make it easy to get a work visa if sponsored by an employer.  Allow market dynamics to govern employment, but raise the federal minimum wage to prevent slave wages.

Well I’d hope you’d also include in it an easier path to citizenship, but that seems to be the direction you’re taking.

Fun fact: did you know that the concept of open borders is a Libertarian ideal, not a liberal one?

They support libertarianism when it suits their purposes.

3.) Medicare for all citizens and legal residents, with cost-plus care for all others.

Well yeah we need that anyways but this would definitely have a residual effect.

4.) Legalize, regulate and tax all drugs.  Use the proceeds and savings (DEA war on drugs, domestic law enforcement, courts, prisons, etc.) To pay for addiction treatment research and care.

And again, you have that added effect of not incentivizing massive numbers flowing in to the US. 

Bonus result: significantly fewer African Americans in prison due to drugs and gang activity will help improve racial incarceration disparities, and the economy at large.

That should be a good start.

No time for that rational stuff, sir.

7 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Thank you for making this point 1 as it’s easily the most important one of your four. Chicken, Crusher and slorch like to pretend not to know it, but the #1 method to curbing influxes of illegal immigration and refugee flows is to not give them reasons to do so.

hey fucko...and you earned the name calling by your fucked up inclusion of my name in your post

don't be assigning your predetermined bias to my opinions.

When i say i want  immigration laws enforced, that absolutely includes prosecuting their employers.  I haven't said differently.

Edited by slorch

seriously, what's wrong with 100% open borders and instantaneous full citizenship? All these other solutions are rather pusillanimous pipe dreams and very costly. Since we all agree immigrants are good hard working family valued folks, what is the objection outside of racism? 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

seriously, what's wrong with 100% open borders and instantaneous full citizenship? All these other solutions are rather pusillanimous pipe dreams and very costly. Since we all agree immigrants are good hard working family valued folks, what is the objection outside of racism? 

New world order is righteous, bro.

No sovereignty.  no nations ever.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

hey fucko...and you earned the name calling by your fucked up inclusion of my name in your post

When i say i want  immigration laws enforced, that absolutely includes prosecuting their employers.  I haven't said differently.

Does it also include foreign intervention?

Either way, your lack of self awareness is not a well kept secret. You might pay lip service to prosecuting employers and whatnot but they’re well short of the cornerstone of your immigration schtick. If you want me to believe you, i need to be given a reason to because thus far I have none

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

i'm not sure you understand. your reply here has nothing to do with the part you quoted.

as for below, guess my reply got borked. this is your made up problem, so what is the make believe solution?

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Edited by achooloco
consolidated posts, sorry for clutter.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

look man, i'm all into efficiency, i worship it.  Instead of those hells angels - turned border patrol guys waiting with handcuffs, tasers, and jail cells,  - why not a nice blue American passport, a little flag, and cookies? Anything else is total racism. 

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Does it also include foreign intervention?

Either way, your lack of self awareness is not a well kept secret. You might pay lip service to prosecuting employers and whatnot but they’re well short of the cornerstone of your immigration schtick. If you want me to believe you, i need to be given a reason to because thus far I have none

I don't owe you anything to convince you.

Stop assigning opinions to me that do not exist.  For fucking real.  Sorry I don't follow your flowchart of political ping-pong.

Edited by slorch

"It was sweltering hot, but the only water was outside the fences and they needed to ask permission from the Border Patrol agents to drink."

MCALLEN, Tex. — When Vice President Pence visited a migrant detention center here Friday, he saw nearly 400 men crammed behind caged fences with not enough room for them all to lie down on the concrete ground. There were no mats or pillows for those who found the space to rest. A stench from body odor hung stale in the air.

When reporters toured the facility before Pence, the men screamed that they’d been held there 40 days, some longer. They said they were hungry and wanted to brush their teeth. It was sweltering hot, but the only water was outside the fences and they needed to ask permission from the Border Patrol agents to drink.

Pence appeared to scrunch his nose when entering the facility, stayed for a moment and left. A few minutes earlier, from a bird’s eye room called “The Bubble,” he’d seen 382 men packed into cells, peering against the windows to get a view of him. Some appeared shirtless.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pence-tours-detention-facilities-at-the-border-defends-administrations-treatment-of-migrants/2019/07/12/993f54e0-a4bc-11e9-b8c8-75dae2607e60_story.html?noredirect=on

Stalinist feedback loop ^

Destabilize C. America. Immigrants and their families flee violence to come to the land of milk and honey. They are packed in cages like dogs and have to get permission to drink water. They are shipped back to the destabilized country to start again. What a country.

According to a draft of the agreement obtained by The New Yorker, asylum seekers from any country who either show up at U.S. ports of entry or are apprehended while crossing between ports of entry could be sent to seek asylum in Guatemala instead. 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

" Allow market dynamics to govern employment, but raise the federal minimum wage to prevent slave wages."

LOLz.  let the market decide...but don't.  You motherfuckers haven't even decided the best way to fuck this shit up.

Free shit for everyone...and penalize those who are achieving more  to further incentivize the effort.  Cost care plus for non-citizens?  

Lovely.

Translation:

I was born privileged, and don't understand how economics works. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The real story of this thread is some people would prefer to cage kids than have open borders.

That says a shitload more than I think they realize.

are you for 100% open borders? 

also, for these 400 men specifically, what to do? Why haven't they been released into the US or deported? Either option is better than current.

3 minutes ago, NowThis said:

also, for these 400 men specifically, what to do? Why haven't they been released into the US or deported? Either option is better than current.

I’ll answer for him. The answer is no. Nobody is.

are you for 100% caged kids? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NowThis said:

No, it’s a false choice. However, if I’m given a Sophie’s choice between the state sponsored abuse of children and open borders, I’ll take open borders.   I’m kind of appalled people would choose the former. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, JustBecause said:

Give me a fucking break.  Go google AOC and the progressive left.  You aren't fooling anyone with the aw-shucks who question.

Ok. I went ahead and googled AOC and open borders and came up empty where she advocated for open borders Then I googled progressive left and open borders and still couldn’t find anyone who wants open borders. 

So are you just full of shit, a complete pea brain moron, a lyin troll, or what? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

We don't have 80,000 false asylum claims each month, so problem solved, I guess. 

Under the Obama administration, Burger King fucked up an average of 80,000 drive through orders every month. Under trump, he has managed to reduce that number to less than 10 a month, per Trump. MAGA!!!

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Good to know the U.S. wasn't a sovereign nation until 1891 when the first border checkpoint was built.  1776 is a myth.  Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No, it’s a false choice. However, if I’m given a Sophie’s choice between the state sponsored abuse of children and open borders, I’ll take open borders.   I’m kind of appalled people would choose the former. 

anything in the middle causes hardship for the immigrant and is subject to political manipulation. Logically, we must be for 100% open borders which is a highly efficient and cost effective method. Remember, immigrants make our nation stronger. 

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

and you didn't answer what to do with these 400 men specifically. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Ok. I went ahead and googled AOC and open borders and came up empty where she advocated for open borders Then I googled progressive left and open borders and still couldn’t find anyone who wants open borders. 

So are you just full of shit, a complete pea brain moron, a lyin troll, or what? 

A New York Times fact-check argues that “no, Democrats do not want ‘open borders.’” But it immediately and spectacularly falls flat because it fails to account for the unprecedented shift in liberal rhetoric and ignores the unmistakable new guard emerging on the Left.

The main fault of the fact check is the assumption that the current immigration debate is like everything before it. Anyone flipping through cable or scrolling through Twitter can see that this simply isn’t true. While both parties at least seemed to agree on the problem if not the solution in years past, liberals can’t even accept the humanity of conservatives who disagree with them.

President Trump has been compared to Hitler. The director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement has been compared to a Nazi. And former CIA Director Michael Hayden engaged in gross historical revisionism when he juxtaposed the temporary separation of adults and children on the U.S. southern border with the systematic genocide of the Holocaust. 

.Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., isn’t on the fringe of the Left. He is the second ranking member of the Democratic National Committee and he basically wears his immigration policy on his sleeve. More specifically, the No. 2 Democrat wore a T-Shirt that literally said “I don’t believe in borders.” 

Yes there are people who support open boarders

Edited by JustBecause
  • Fuck You 3