DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I thought you wanted these people to stay? I'm trying to compromise, if they have learned English, have a stable job, and no criminal record then there is no reason to deport them. Hell give them SS and Medicare, too. They have most likely paid into it.

I'm curious if you have anything to say about the hypocrites like Trump & the other pro-business Republican politician that quietly hire illegals at their businesses while riling people like you up about the dangers of illegal immigration. 

I mean you're smart enough to know that Republicans are using this as a wedge issue and have no intention on fixing it. They'd have NOTHING to run on if this issue went away. 

3 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I'm curious if you have anything to say about the hypocrites like Trump & the other pro-business Republican politician that quietly hire illegals at their businesses while riling people like you up about the dangers of illegal immigration. 

I mean you're smart enough to know that Republicans are using this as a wedge issue and have no intention on fixing it. They'd have NOTHING to run on if this issue went away. 

Lulz, like the Democrats want to fix the issue. They like hanging it over Latin American's heads to keep them in line. Neither side wants to fix the issue, because it's fires up each side's base.

Obama had everything he needed to give away amnesty and wouldn't do it.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Jesus washed the feet of the sick and the poor. Htown probably only washes his balls twice a week.

If Jesus came along nowadays Htown, Johnny Sack and the rest of their kind would nail him to the cross after labeling him a “lib.”

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, like the Democrats want to fix the issue. They like hanging it over Latin American's heads to keep them in line. Neither side wants to fix the issue, because it's fires up each side's base.

Na,  the republicans dont want to solve the issue because it fires up the moronic base of people like you. Bush, on behalf of the owners, tried to solve it but he was overridden by the morons people like you support. We can’t get a reasonable immigration solution because people you pretend to be are too stupid to agree to any sort of reasonable solution. Then they blame democrats for not solving it. Red meat for the morons. Rinse and repeat. 

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Reagan is the father of amnesty and Dubya was the son. Your god Trump uses them at his businesses. Yes, even the ones that can't speak a lick of english. Do you see how you have no leg to stand on for this issue? That's what happens when you sell your soul to a bunch of demagogues and hypocrites. I'd respect you more if you acknowledged Trump is using this issue strictly for political gain. If he actually cared about this he'd start talking enforcement from the business side. But he knows he and his friends in the business sector love the cheap labor.

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

He doesn't look sympathetic, but I feel like I can hear him thinking, "A photo op here was a very bad idea. This really makes me look bad."

I would like to ask him  questions in private about what he thinks after seeing the harm he supports and cheerleads. He will never break ranks in public which makes him at least a weakling, but is he rotten to the core? Is he really okay with what he's seen?

I don't like to dismiss people as devils. Surely there is some humanity in there.

Or there is part of my naive idiocy that I just can't stand to let go of. Monsters are revealed almost daily in this country.

jeh%20touring.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Na,  the republicans dont want to solve the issue because it fires up the moronic base of people like you. Bush, on behalf of the owners, tried to solve it but he was overridden by the morons people like you support. We can’t get a reasonable immigration solution because people you pretend to be are too stupid to agree to any sort of reasonable solution. Then they blame democrats for not solving it. Red meat for the morons. Rinse and repeat. 

Far right Republicans have ruined the McCain-Kennedy bill numerous times. They stopped the Gang of 8 bill from even being brought up in the House. They still have this fantasy of millions of people being shipped out of this country which prevents a grown up approach ever being seriously considered in Congress.

• Like 1

Still waiting to hear one solution on how to stop 80,000 false asylum claim each month. Lots of reeees, but zero solutions. 
Or open borders. 

If you’re looking for a final solution you have to go back about 75 years.

4 more years of Trump is looking more and more likely by the day. 

And to the earlier discussion of dems not wanting open borders, nobody will specifically say it (at least not yet) because they understand the political impact it will have, but not stopping illegals at the border, and immediately releasing the ones that are caught is akin to open borders. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

No one denies that there is an immigration problem. Finding sensible and human policy is the issue.

I’m old enough to remember the last few months of “this is a manufactured crisis by Trump” talk on every liberal media network.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm against any bill that presents a pathway to citizenship. If you aren't a criminal, have learned English, and have a stable job you can stay on a guest worker visa that is automatically renewed every 10 years. Of course, once the safe third country agreement is signed with Guatemala the detention centers will become less crowded.

So, if I'm hearing you right, you don't want any immigration at all that results in citizenship- the type that ultimately resulted in Trump's citizenship, and prefer a program that allows immigrants to work here and pay taxes but not be able to vote. You support sending asylum seekers fleeing violence and hunger (caused in large part by US policy) and climate change-driven disasters to a place where violence, hunger and the impacts of climate change-driven disasters are the worse AND is the very place many of the immigrants are fleeing.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-poised-to-sign-a-radical-agreement-to-send-future-asylum-seekers-to-guatemala

“If you’re going to pursue a safe-third-country agreement, you have to be able to say ‘safe’ with a straight face,” Doris Meissner, a former commissioner of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, told me.

If Trump tweeted today he was reinstating the more humane, sucessful and cost effective FCMP program and ending his detention policy that has already resulted in children's deaths, disease, children and parents who may never see each other again..., you would oppose that?

And even if an agreement was reached reinstating the previous FCMP policy as part of a comprehensive immigration reform package that included more resouces, immigration judges BUT also included a path to citizenship for immigrants brought here as children and those fleeing hunger and violence, you would oppose that as well?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Enchubben said:
but not stopping illegals at the border, and immediately releasing the ones that are caught is akin to open borders. 

So you disagree with the OIG's audit of the FCMP? Or you believe the portion I literally just posted here is photoshopped? Or are you just claiming a program that resulted in virtually everyone showing up for their court appointed hearings and check-ins is the same as open borders?

• Like 1

4 more years of Trump is looking more and more likely by the day. 
And to the earlier discussion of dems not wanting open borders, nobody will specifically say it (at least not yet) because they understand the political impact it will have, but not stopping illegals at the border, and immediately releasing the ones that are caught is akin to open borders. 

Nobodies saying it because nobodies thinking it. My guess is the term open borders was invented by a right winger. Giving them a court date without burdening the system or infrastructure, is certainly better than throwing them in cages and separating families.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Far right Republicans have ruined the McCain-Kennedy bill numerous times. They stopped the Gang of 8 bill from even being brought up in the House. They still have this fantasy of millions of people being shipped out of this country which prevents a grown up approach ever being seriously considered in Congress.

This is the truth. Our trolls on this board can’t handle the truth. They would rather you just say thank you troll.  And allow them to troll while you just went on your merry way.

I’m old enough to remember the last few months of “this is a manufactured crisis by Trump” talk on every liberal media network.

Cool, but I guess you aren’t old enough to understand what the “manufactured” verbiage was referring to, because it sure as shit isn’t what you think it is.

50 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Cool, but I guess you aren’t old enough to understand what the “manufactured” verbiage was referring to, because it sure as shit isn’t what you think it is.

Maybe you can expand on that then. Because here is what I remember:

there is not a crisis at the border. Not anything close to a crisis: https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/01/there-is-no-crisis-on-the-southern-border-none/

There is not a crisis at out southern border: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/422269-conservative-writer-says-there-is-no-crisis-at-the-border

There is no crisis at the border: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/09/santorum-lockhart-trump-border-lecture-what-the-problem-is-newday-vpx.cnn

Or probably my favorite, which actually highlights my point: there is no new crisis at the border:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/live-updates/trump-white-house/live-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-president-trumps-immigration-speech/there-is-no-new-crisis-at-the-border/?utm_term=.83ce88361f13

4 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

So you disagree with the OIG's audit of the FCMP? Or you believe the portion I literally just posted here is photoshopped? Or are you just claiming a program that resulted in virtually everyone showing up for their court appointed hearings and check-ins is the same as open borders?

@Enchubben

5 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

For an accusation of a traffic violation. Crossing the border legitimately seeking asylum is not illegal.

since they are not deported, will be here for the rest of their lives, release them now and give them citizenship. BTW, this allow obviates ICE raids,saving a shitload of tax dollars. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

since they are not deported, will be here for the rest of their lives, release them now and give them citizenship. BTW, this allow obviates ICE raids,saving a shitload of tax dollars. 

Someone needs to shut down and restart this bot.  Or at least update it with a fresh nonsensical talking point.

6 hours ago, Enchubben said:

First, compliments for at least claiming to listen to what you call "every liberal media network." My guess is that you heard what you consider to be a fair and balanced network act as a clipping service for those prejudiced networks, but it's quite possible that I'm wrong.

Second, importantly, my post does not relate to the accusation that this is a manufactured crisis. It certainly does not deny such a claim. I'm sure you're very interested in getting this right in a fair and balanced way no matter how it reflects on whatever political party you may lean towards.

The crisis is in the second part about humane solutions. The crisis is in the fact that we have an administration content with what a huge part of the electorate views as needlessly, needlessly!, inhumane and sometimes deadly treatment of people taken into custody. 

Since starting this response, I've glanced at some of the discussion since this post of yours. My point has been covered. You've fallen back to a both sides argument by claiming this inhumanity is precedented.  Every crime in the history of mankind could be similarly dismissed. "It's not the first time. Someone other than me did this before. Why are you upset?"

In Mr. Deeds Goes To Town, Jean Arthur's roommate is mortified at how Arthur is making a mockery of Deeds in the newspaper.

"You're crucifying him!"

"People have been crucified before."

I couldn't stop laughing at that. It's an underappreciated line in a classic movie. 

I'd laugh at you if you were playing a part in a comedy. Sadly, you're taking part in a tragedy where my country is daily diminished in what appears to be an unstoppable slide into happily and blindly embracing wickedness.

To emphasize, you're not indifferent. You are actively a part of poisoning the great experiment of The United States. 

Live it up. You may be winning.

Edited by RomaVicta
Articles are hard.
  • Like 3

Just now, DixonHur said:

Someone needs to shut down and restart this bot.  Or at least update it with a fresh nonsensical talking point.

logically, no one has a rebuttal except for redneck jabber.  Please, no rednecks.  I need top level people only. 

Just now, NowThis said:

logically, no one has a rebuttal except for redneck jabber.  Please, no rednecks.  I need top level people only. 

bwaaahaha...you've been answered with facts many times.  Just because you choose to live in a binary, fact free world doesn't mean the rest of us have to.  

Goodbye troll.

5 hours ago, Homercles said:

Nobodies saying it because nobodies thinking it. My guess is the term open borders was invented by a right winger. Giving them a court date without burdening the system or infrastructure, is certainly better than throwing them in cages and separating families.

Ignoring this truth is the clearest indicator that you are dealing with a scoundrel. Anyone vainly trying to reframe this is a vile operative either amateur, professional, or foreign.

It really is as simple as Homercles and Bundy's Hand have laid out. It's not hard if you care about truth and finding solutions. 

39 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

First, compliments for at least claiming to listen to what you call "every liberal media network." My guess is that you heard what you consider to be a fair and balanced network act as a clipping service for those prejudiced networks, but it's quite possible that I'm wrong.

Second, importantly, my post does not relate to the accusation that this is a manufactured crisis. It certainly does not deny such a claim. I'm sure you're very interested in getting this right in a fair and balanced way no matter how it reflects on whatever political party you may lean towards.

The crisis is in the second part about humane solutions. The crisis is in the fact that we have an administration content with what a huge part of the electorate views as needlessly, needlessly!, inhumane and sometimes deadly treatment of people taken into custody. 

Since starting this response, I've glanced at some of the discussion since this post of yours. My point has been covered. You've fallen back to a both sides argument by claiming this inhumanity is precedented.  Every crime in the history of mankind could be similarly dismissed. "It's not the first time. Someone other than me did this before. Why are you upset?"

In Mr. Deeds Goes To Town, Jean Arthur's roommate is mortified at how Arthur is making a mockery of Deeds in the newspaper.

"You're crucifying him!"

"People have been crucified before."

I couldn't stop laughing at that. It's an underappreciated line in a classic movie. 

I'd laugh at you if you were playing a part in a comedy. Sadly, you're taking part in a tragedy where my country is daily diminished in what appears to be an unstoppable slide into happily and blindly embracing wickedness.

To emphasize, you're not indifferent. You are actively a part of poisoning the great experiment of The United States. 

Live it up. You may be winning.

so what is your solution RV? Everyone can complain about the status quo, no one has answers. Let you be the second (i was the first). 

4 minutes ago, NowThis said:

so what is your solution RV? Everyone can complain about the status quo, no one has answers. Let you be the second (i was the first). 

Elizabeth Warren's plan is great.

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/a-fair-and-welcoming-immigration-system-8fff69cd674e

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 1

Maybe you can expand on that then. Because here is what I remember:
there is not a crisis at the border. Not anything close to a crisis: https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/01/there-is-no-crisis-on-the-southern-border-none/
There is not a crisis at out southern border: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/422269-conservative-writer-says-there-is-no-crisis-at-the-border
There is no crisis at the border: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/09/santorum-lockhart-trump-border-lecture-what-the-problem-is-newday-vpx.cnn
Or probably my favorite, which actually highlights my point: there is no new crisis at the border:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/live-updates/trump-white-house/live-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-president-trumps-immigration-speech/there-is-no-new-crisis-at-the-border/?utm_term=.83ce88361f13

The crisis referred to now is NOT about some large scale invasion coming. That was bullshit.

The crisis being recognized by the left is the current humanitarian shitfest. Bonus points:

Manufactured, when used to refer to the current situation = caused by the orange mushroom dicked DOTUS.
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

1.  A good start --She also pledges to admit 125,000 refugees in her first year as president, and 175,000 per year by the end of her first term. (Trump capped refugee admissions at 30,000 in 2019.)  I'd make it more, why not? 

2. Repeal the 3- and 10-year bars. The law currently requires a person unlawfully in the United States to depart the country for three or ten years before they can apply for legal status. I’ll petition Congress to repeal that requirement.   --  excellent 

3. For the good of our economy and our communities, it’s long past time to provide a path forward for the approximately 11 million undocumented individuals currently living and working in the Unites States. We should immediately reinstate the DACA program and protections for our Dreamers and their families. I’ll expand the program to cover more young people by extending the cut-off date, eliminating the arbitrary application age requirement, and extending the “minor” designation to anyone who was brought to the U.S. under the age of 18. But Dreamers have families and communities that are productive, longtime members of our American family and need protection too. The same is true of the Temporary Protected Status and Deferred Enforced Departure holders. I’ll extend the individual exercise of discretion to offer deferred action protections to hardworking immigrants who have contributed to our country for years and have built careers and families here. And I’ll push for a far-reaching legislative fix that provides a fair but achievable path to citizenship for them.  -- This "path" , how long is it? If 5 years, why not 3? if 3 years, why not 3 months? It's obvious that 11 million people are not going to be deported, will certainly become citizens (see Reagain 1980s), so why not expedite the process?

Edited by NowThis