DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

An opinion piece from the Washington Examiner?  Really?  That's your source?

But, yes, there are people for open borders...they are called Libertarians.

I get all my NY Times quotes from Washington Examiner opinion pieces. It just makes sense!

4 hours ago, JustBecause said:

Some of you on this thread and site really need to take a deep breath and a step back.  My reactions and posts were not in any way insulting to ANYONE but you all tend to pounce on anyone who slightly disagrees with you.  Some if the responses like "someone raping their mother" gets positive responses is just astounding.  Is this how you act in front of friends and co-workers?  Nope not in the least because here you are anonymous and everyone is Superman when there are no repercussions to your actions.  I never NEG anyone first.  Chillax

You sound like a bigoted bitch and your shit is all retarded. God bless America and fuck you racists in the ass (pride month, holla!)

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

He doesn't look sympathetic, but I feel like I can hear him thinking, "A photo op here was a very bad idea. This really makes me look bad."

I would like to ask him  questions in private about what he thinks after seeing the harm he supports and cheerleads. He will never break ranks in public which makes him at least a weakling, but is he rotten to the core? Is he really okay with what he's seen?

I don't like to dismiss people as devils. Surely there is some humanity in there.

Or there is part of my naive idiocy that I just can't stand to let go of. Monsters are revealed almost daily in this country.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

He doesn't look sympathetic, but I feel like I can hear him thinking, "A photo op here was a very bad idea. This really makes me look bad."

I would like to ask him  questions in private about what he thinks after seeing the harm he supports and cheerleads. He will never break ranks in public which makes him at least a weakling, but is he rotten to the core? Is he really okay with what he's seen?

I don't like to dismiss people as devils. Surely there is some humanity in there.

Or there is part of my naive idiocy that I just can't stand to let go of. Monsters are revealed almost daily in this country.

And the solution is? Monsters are the ones creating this by refusing funding and allowing shitty laws to remain in place.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Because what you are saying is completely moronic.

Compelling stuff. I've got goose pimples.

I guess these guys erupt on the weekend because there is less traffic. Or maybe a new class of apparatchiks graduated this weekend.

FWIW, I fully endorse HP Slugga's view of history in Central America and what the US should consider doing about it.

Look up School of the Americas. Look into why we created it. Look at who benefited from the use of the resources of Central America.

I'm not religious, but American churches are the main source of goodness to flow south from the US. We can do better. We need to to do better to the benefit of everybody including ourselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

And the solution is? Monsters are the ones creating this by refusing funding and allowing shitty laws to remain in place.

You've been addressed by others. I'll not waste my time unless you write something serious with support. You're just tossing bombs and slogans so far. Address the points you've already ignored. 

Have a nice weekend.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Compelling stuff. I've got goose pimples.

I guess these guys erupt on the weekend because there is less traffic. Or maybe a new class of apparatchiks graduated this weekend.

FWIW, I fully endorse HP Slugga's view of history in Central America and what the US should consider doing about it.

Look up School of the Americas. Look into why we created it. Look at who benefited from the use of the resources of Central America.

I'm not religious, but American churches are the main source of goodness to flow south from the US. We can do better. We need to to do better to the benefit of everybody including ourselves.

The trolls gravitate towards this thread for some reason. I guess trump and his right wing troll army think immigration will put them over the top. 

21 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You've been addressed by others. I'll not waste my time unless you write something serious with support. You're just tossing bombs and slogans so far. Address the points you've already ignored. 

Have a nice weekend.

“If only congress would just pass a law stating immigrants and asylum seekers should be treated like actual human beings.”

- Trumpkins 

I’m sure they probably would but nobody would have thought that shit necessary until the scumbag in chief came along. Plus even if they did, trump and his merry band of scum would just ignore it anyway. 

The trumpkins deflection on this blaming congress is not surprising but still pathetic. Remind me who controlled both branches of congress and the presidency in 2016? 

Maybe agent orange can just issue one of his executive orders and solve the problem. 

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Actually, history and facts are the basis of policy.

And even when you tread into the what-if territory, it has to be realistic and based on evidence. For example, “what if the Iranian military air jumped into the US on jet propulsion packs, armed with fully automatic guns that shoot small tactical nuclear weapons at 150 weapons per second and kills all of us?!” is not a basis for foreign policy.

ah, but what if we gave instant citizenship to those who are already on American soil, have been accepted as permanent beings, and are good people? That is a very reasonable question precisely because of reality. There is no advantage to be gained by denial of the ultimate prize in the world - being one of us!  

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Also, didn’t the dems just recently cave towards the republicans on an immigration bill? Yet now the trolls are blaming the dems and congress? This shit never ends. 

It never ends because they don’t know what they want. They just want to parrot the bullshit they hear on Fox News and AM radio.

They say “the illegals are stealing American jobs!!!” If the “they” are currently unemployed, and even if all of the illegal immigrants just vanished by tomorrow night, are these idiots really going to wake up to a new job of washing dishes, picking lettuce, and/or selling fruit out of a bag on Monday morning?

That’s living in a dream world, but that’s what these morons do: blame everything except what’s real and believe in fairy tales.

From page 5 from the Office of Inspector General's audit of the Obama-era Family Case Management Program which was ended by the Trump administration.

(Text due to bad visuals)

Program Costs and Performance Metrics

As of March 30, 2017, ICE reported that it expended $17.5 million in program
costs to enroll 781 active participants in FCMP across all five locations.
According to ICE, overall program compliance for all five regions is an average
of 99 percent for ICE check-ins and appointments, as well as 100 percent
attendance at court hearings. Since the inception of FCMP, 23 out of 954
participants (2 percent) were reported as absconders.
4936a3060c8ad856e1478bcc92bdcc2c.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Also, didn’t the dems just recently cave towards the republicans on an immigration bill? Yet now the trolls are blaming the dems and congress? This shit never ends. 

This, and it's why it doesn't make any sense to cave on that shit.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You aren’t wrong but I pos repped cause we agree on problem but not who is the cause, so play on

27 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

From page 5 from the Office of Inspector General's audit of the Obama-era Family Case Management Program which was ended by the Trump administration.

(Text due to bad visuals)

Program Costs and Performance Metrics

As of March 30, 2017, ICE reported that it expended $17.5 million in program
costs to enroll 781 active participants in FCMP across all five locations.
According to ICE, overall program compliance for all five regions is an average
of 99 percent for ICE check-ins and appointments, as well as 100 percent
attendance at court hearings. Since the inception of FCMP, 23 out of 954
participants (2 percent) were reported as absconders.
4936a3060c8ad856e1478bcc92bdcc2c.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

I'd be on board for this as part of an immigration overall that including more resources and judges for immigration cases.

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Actually, history and facts are the basis of policy.

And even when you tread into the what-if territory, it has to be realistic and based on evidence. For example, “what if the Iranian military air jumped into the US on jet propulsion packs, armed with fully automatic guns that shoot small tactical nuclear weapons at 150 weapons per second and kills all of us?!” is not a basis for foreign policy.

You are arguing with people that believe a Space Force is necessary. All of their ideas are based on absurd scenarios.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

It's really hard to fathom an American VP standing in front of a cage of human beings (who are seeking a btter life here) and not addressing them at all.

It's hard to fathom a human being doing that, much less one who professes to be godly.   And then to lie about it later! Pence is just a terrible person. 

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

But it is entertaining to see adults lose their shit daily.

Uh, you referenced a meme about Pence being a cause for Trump winning reelection. It seems your statement is predicated on Trump supporters getting their pussy hurt from internet memes. That there is a demographic that is prone to losing their shit on a daily basis.

Just now, F250 said:

Uh, you referenced a meme about Pence being a cause for Trump winning reelection. It seems your statement is predicated on Trump supporters getting their pussy hurt from internet memes. That there is a demographic that is prone to losing their shit on a daily basis.

Losing their shit is comparing anything to being a Nazi, it's abnormal behavior based on TDS. This board is full of people with TDS, and it's hilarious.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Losing their shit is comparing anything to being a Nazi, it's abnormal behavior based on TDS. This board is full of people with TDS, and it's hilarious.

Well, some people have a moral compass, If you have the moral direction of the Germans that supported the Nazi regime than you are likely contributing to the banality of evil and have no understanding as to why others would be morally outraged.

• Like 2

I'd be on board for this as part of an immigration overall that including more resources and judges for immigration cases.

Just so I understand you correctly, you would support the previous humane FCMP policy for asylum seekers the OIG deemed extremely successful, that cost less than half per person to administer and that was terminated unilaterally by Trump's executive order, but only if it was a component of more comprehensive Immigration Reform that offered more resources, such as the bipartisan 2013 Senate Immigration Reform Bill that Boehner refused to bring up for a House vote, or the 2006 bipartisan Senate Immigration Reform Bill killed by Hastert?

But just as a stand-alone revert back to the previous policy before it was replaced by Trump, you're opposed? Just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

54 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Just so I understand you correctly, you would support the previous humane FCMP policy for asylum seekers the OIG deemed extremely successful, that cost less than half per person to administer and that was terminated unilaterally by Trump's executive order, but only if it was a component of more comprehensive Immigration Reform that offered more resources, such as the bipartisan 2013 Senate Immigration Reform Bill that Boehner refused to bring up for a House vote, or the 2006 bipartisan Senate Immigration Reform Bill killed by Hastert?

But just as a stand-alone revert back to the previous policy before it was replaced by Trump, you're opposed? Just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

Whoa whoa whoa. That’s...that’s a lot of words. I’m not. I don’t know. That’s a lot of words. Lot of strands in ol Duder’s head. 

31 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm against any bill that presents a pathway to citizenship. If you aren't a criminal, have learned English, and have a stable job you can stay on a guest worker visa that is automatically renewed every 10 years. Of course, once the safe third country agreement is signed with Guatemala the detention centers will become less crowded.

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm against any bill that presents a pathway to citizenship. If you aren't a criminal, have learned English, and have a stable job you can stay on a guest worker visa that is automatically renewed every 10 years. Of course, once the safe third country agreement is signed with Guatemala the detention centers will become less crowded.

Why don't you learn Spanish, you lazy fuck?

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

What about the ones working at Trump's properties? Any vitriol left for the businesses that hire them?

Just now, Bruh Man said:

What about the ones working at Trump's properties? Any vitriol left for the businesses that hire them?

I thought you wanted these people to stay? I'm trying to compromise, if they have learned English, have a stable job, and no criminal record then there is no reason to deport them. Hell give them SS and Medicare, too. They have most likely paid into it.