Dogs fighting each other

I've got 4 boxers:

7 Year old neutered male (chill)

2 year old intact female (alpha bitch)

2 year old intact male (big titty baby)

1 year old neutered male (sired by AB and BTB)

The two young males have recently started going after each other.  Really it's the "baby" who is initiating it. He's bigger than his daddy, but until recently they've gotten along fine.  We've been trying to find the trigger and it appears to be my wife.  We have been keeping them separated, which is a huge pain in the ass, while we try some behavior modification.  Nothing has worked so far.

Last night we were gone for a few hours and all were out free in the house except BTB who was in his crate.  My wife apparently didn't get the crate closed properly and when we came home all were out, but they weren't fighting and seemed to be getting along fine in the yard (I have a dog door).  When my wife went into the house they greeted her as usual and were side by side with no issue.  Baby was even licking BTBs face.  Within seconds of my wife entering the room they were in a full blown brawl and had to be separated forcibly. 

Anybody encountered this?  I've had multiple dogs of various ages for years going back to childhood and I've never quite seen anything like this.  I don't want to have to get rid of the baby, but that seems to be where this is heading unless we can resolve it.

2 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Is it the puppy wanting to play with the dad, but no knowing how and starting shit?  Or just evil in the puppy?

Puppy is initiating the fight.  There is usually a short stare down with growling and raised hackles.  I don't think it's a dominance thing so much as a deferral thing, based on research I've done.  I.E. puppy has something and daddy muscles in and doesn't defer when signaled.  BTB is a lover not a fighter, but he's also kind of clueless sometimes.  The other dogs will just warn him, but the pup goes after him hard.

21 minutes ago, Felix said:

Puppy is initiating the fight.  There is usually a short stare down with growling and raised hackles.  I don't think it's a dominance thing so much as a deferral thing, based on research I've done.  I.E. puppy has something and daddy muscles in and doesn't defer when signaled.  BTB is a lover not a fighter, but he's also kind of clueless sometimes.  The other dogs will just warn him, but the pup goes after him hard.

The puppy "should" learn how to warn via example, not sure if specific training helps.  I know we've personally been able to reward dogs successfully for good warnings, but we do have an alpha female that will forever be a bitch when it comes to food.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

The puppy "should" learn how to warn via example, not sure if specific training helps.  I know we've personally been able to reward dogs successfully for good warnings, but we do have an alpha female that will forever be a bitch when it comes to food.

I think I'll give this a try when the women folk aren't around.  Thanks!