I live in CA but I didn't realize how bad it's gotten

Gil Bang

7 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I don't see why not. Same for Texas being blue, isn't going to stop happening. Why should republicans? It probably won't happen, but it's political suicide if you don't try. Like I said, California Republicans don't seem to have a libertarian bent to'em at all, so I don't really care, but politically it would be dumb.

I don't give a fuck what insane morons they're running in the recall - but they could have just waited until 2022 rather than a multi-million dollar recall based solely on Newsom's COVID response, as if state numbers weren't quickly going to change with increased vaccines, and Fox News/Facebook's PEOPLE ARE FLEEING CALIFORNIA BC OF HIGH TAXES AND THE STATE IS BROKE!!!!

Because both of those are now stupid talking points. 

Just now, Js1 said:

I don't give a fuck what insane morons they're running in the recall - but they could have just waited until 2022 rather than a multi-million dollar recall based solely on Newsom's COVID response, as if state numbers weren't quickly going to change with increased vaccines, and Fox News/Facebook's PEOPLE ARE FLEEING CALIFORNIA BC OF HIGH TAXES AND THE STATE IS BROKE!!!!

Because both of those are now stupid talking points. 

At least they didn't go to the capitol and did it through the legal process even if it's very stupid.

So about this $600 bucks, how long do you have to be California to get it?

And which one o' you locals wants to rent me and my cousins a room? There's Ardee Canecutter, RodrigoDiazCanecutter, Hardy Canecutter (from London,) and RDCanecutter Jr. and the Third. Who just turned whatever age you have to be to qualify.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

And which one o' you locals wants to rent me and my cousins a room? There's Ardee Canecutter, RodrigoDiazCanecutter, Hardy Canecutter (from London,) and RDCanecutter Jr. and the Third. Who just turned whatever age you have to be to qualify.

What ever happened to the California forever tax. I made up the name, but hopefully you get the gist.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Judge Roy Bean didn't need the bear to get people's attention. John Cox is nothing without the bear. That tells you everything you need to know.

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You misspelled “beer”.

He also gave the bear many beers. No cussing in his court bar! 

5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

i got you, fam.

• Drool 1

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Stop trying to make a GOP governor happen in California.  It's been 15 years since the last time one managed to get elected and that GOP doesn't exist anymore. 

republicans here are thinking they can replicate the ronald reagan experience.  popular celebrity republican governor who can win california in a general election.  a republican who can win ca is as unbeatable as a dem who can win texas.  the problem is that republicans still think it's the 1970's and shit done changed.

dems outnumber the gop here 2-1 but there are still 6mm+ here making noise.  i'd be worried if they had an actual candidate.  if they had waited and run somebody legit, at least it would get some national attention.  (i mean the good kind)

• Hook 'Em 2

btw, to put things in perspective re: ca/tx - biden won california by 5mm votes.  trump won texas by 630k votes.

a lot of people think texas will eventually "turn blue", it's just taking forever.  nobody thinks ca is going to turn red.

the crazy thing is that trump got more votes in california than he did in texas.  hmm, so i guess trump got the most votes in california out of all the states.  that's an interesting little bit of trivia.

Edited by henrygandorf
trivia is fun
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...