2021 Texas Volleyball

TexasDPT

On 9/14/2021 at 6:32 PM, Js1 said:

Our match against the Texas Killers (Rice) got an ESPN+ slot 

Taking 50+ to the Rice game. My daughter's entire team plus significant others. Look for me in the crowd. I think I will wear the Grey polo. Not gonna be hard finding the 6'2 230lb black guy wearing the Longhorn shirt.

• Hook 'Em 7

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
. sets a new program record in attendance with 6,822 strong in Reed Arena Friday night as the Aggies host the Longhorns. #GigEm

The headline and story on their website is not the outcome of the game it’s that they set an attendance record.  Moral Victory U.

The program set a new attendance record, welcoming 6,822 members of the 12th Man into Reed Arena, demolishing a previous program-high by over 2,000 attendees. That gathering of Aggies joins a list of nine other matches against Texas that compose A&M volleyball's top-10 home attendance records. Additionally, Friday night's match proved to be the third-largest crowd to view an Aggie volleyball match, irrespective of location.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:17 PM, Pancho said:

Checked the volleyball twitter to get an update on the score and found this: 

Just watched this because Cam Williams posted it on his story. Probably the best piece of social media trash talk I've seen from any Texas account. 

Screenshot_20210919-002142_Instagram.thumb.jpg.036d4d3e9d380904afb214dae03b8506.jpg

13 hours ago, Js1 said:

This L’vile squad is so good. Just swept Corn in Lincoln 

For how much crap I give Elliott about not developing perfect passing and ball control players, I really appreciate his ability to develop OHs that can put the ball away with out-of-system sets.

Nebraska fans are blaming the passing and setting for their losses, but in reality both are actually decent (compared to what Texas is currently showing).  What's holding them back is their lack of a terminal hitters who can go up against a double block and still get a kill.  A team like Nebraska relies too much of being in-system for their offense to have any success. 

I do think there has to be a balance between the two.... I just think when Texas is in-system, we are more difficult to stop especially since the left pin hitters can bail us out on out-of-system plays.  It would be nice if Molly could develop her OOS game on the right pin so that we aren't so predictable in setting the left in those situations.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lexi is still talented but when you watch her play she just has no fire at all. For whatever reason, she doesn't have that in her.

This is just my opinion but it's very odd watching her play. It's like she's trying not to have a mental breakdown in the middle of matches. The more I watch her play the more I actually feel bad for her (not her dad though lol). 

I'm not sure the sport is even good for her anymore. Doesn't look like she's having any fun at all. 

Edited by texasstrong12

On 9/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, TexasDPT said:

Passing and ball control seem to be getting worse the last couple of matches....and our nemesis Rice is up next, so they need to figure it out...

Rice isn't nearly as good as years past but this is the worry with this schedule. 

Texas can coast and probably still have a shot to go undefeated or just lose 1 or 2 matches. I'm hoping Baylor is a legit top 10 team because this team needs somebody to challenge them. 

Looking at the remaining schedule-

2 matches @ #12 Baylor

1 @ RV Rice

2 matches vs RV WV. 

I know Elliott has done this in the past but I hope he's looking to scrimmage some international pro teams. This team is going to need it. Our bench players (that rarely play) would easily finish 2nd in the Big 12 behind Baylor. 

Just so you guys know, my kid is coached by Longhorn great Katy Jameyson, now Katy Garza. Last year when my daughter was playing middle and Katy was showing her how to improve her footwork to move across the net for blocking purposes, I tried to tell her that she should be thankful she has someone like her to help her. She didn't get it at 12 years old. However, she has become a solid blocker on the outside at 13.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

I just hope they have fun. 

Fuck that, I hope we sweep Rice -15, -17, -9.  Fucking demoralize them.  They're giving us so much shit on social media. 

It was my fault we lost the last game. I went in there telling my kid how good we were and it was her first time seeing the Horns live. We lost and she was looking at me like.....

sure-disapproval.gif

on the way to the car. However, I am leaving him home today.

r2bm5z1golb61.jpg

so all is good. Se you guys on TV!

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yep I'm watching. Good start to the first set so far.

Hopefully Elliot won't toy around with rotations like he has done in previous matches against Rice

The only rotation change should be Sage getting PT. Much smoother sets down the stretch there compared to her last couple matches 

Edited by Js1