Chelsea 2021-2022: TUCheL our balls, hoes

ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean it's the home leg in the CL.

Which is where you often see teams content to dribble out a 2-0.

Even without the away goal rule, if they nick one back here it changes everything.

But we're pretty much completely unafraid of that, and rightly so.  Our chances of a third are so much more than their chances of a goal that we ought to keep pushing for it.  And we haven't always.  But I like the mindset under Tuchel.  It's kind of like all gas, no brakes, only it actually works.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Which is where you often see teams content to dribble out a 2-0.

Against a better side we might. Against a mid table French side as defending champs I'd expect us to keep pressing. They actually looked much more dangerous in the 1H.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Against a better side we might. Against a mid table French side as defending champs I'd expect us to keep pressing. They actually looked much more dangerous in the 1H.

Even against overmatched opponents we haven't always kept pressing.  I was here for the Jose Mourinho years, etc.  It's just nice to see.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Even against overmatched opponents we haven't always kept pressing.  I was here for the Jose Mourinho years, etc.  It's just nice to see.

I obviously agree. I just think it's the right decision and the one I expect Tuchel to make.

1 minute ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

I'll say it again.  Silva is so good.  Keep him till he's 50.  

Phenomenal work from him in that last 10 plus ET. He's aging like a fine cask of cachaça.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Missed the first 30'. Last 15 was certainly lively. I thought that shot from Azpi was going in. 

Chelsea dominated the first 15 and Pool dominated the next 15.

Mount really should've scored late.

Absolute cracker of a first half.  Could easily be 1-1 or 2-1 for Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I said in the LFC thread that I thought it was good officiating but yea Harvey should have gotten a yellow. I think the rest though he handled well with calming it down.

I would have given him a yellow or given all 3 a yellow. Oh well. Shouldn't matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1