Longmire

RPM

Stunned there isn't a thread on this. Certain there was one on the OS. Great series based on the Walt Longmire Mysteries. It's available on Netflix and being reaired on Outdoor Channel. DVR worthy.

Mrs Bama Llama is seldom enamored with TV but she looooves her some Longmire, a little too much for my liking.  Nah, it's a fine series and a solid cast.  It's as if James Lee Burke wrote a contemporary Mountain Western and someone turned it into moving images.  I'd like to go by the Lou Diamond Phillips bar on the way home from work every day.  In fact . . .

• Like 1

So, I'm a big fan of the books.  I've read all of them, and in fact, I sent all of my copies to a poster on scattytexas.  I can't remember who, but he lived in OK. 

Anyway, for those that don't know, the TV show was time-modified, as were the characters.   LDP was a fucking fantastic Henry Standing Bear, but in the books, Henry was a giant of a man.   Henry and Walt both played CFB, Walt at USC.   They also both served in Vietnam, which is why Walt packs a 1911.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm halfway through season 2 and had a random though last night. I know tv and all and have to suspend belief and like @Gil Bang said it's time adapted, but having a hard time with the fact the county seems to have a murder every week or so and only has a 4 member SO? Either way, still enjoying it and will finish it out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

haha...i had a similar thought, but it was more along the lines of 'there are only 500,000 people TOTAL in that entire state...if they were having this many murders on the reg it would be a huge news story!" 😄

I had a similar thought a year or so ago while going through the series.  I have been to Wyoming countless times including going to Buffalo, WY which is, I believe, the town setting.  Buffalo may have 5000 to 6000 residents at best.  If the state was as violent as this series makes it out to be I would be concerned to vacation there!

I've been binging this. It's good.

I do find it hilarious though how quickly they can just pop down to Denver or to Montana or even Arizona in one episode in like no time at all.

But the characters are good, the actors seem to fit what I remember from the books pretty well.

Obviously because it's being presented a couple decades later than the books were, they've cut out all his Vietnam war back story, but maybe something like it comes up in the second half of the series. I only just finished season 3.