Years ago, I stuck a bunch of acorns, large and small, in planters

TOR

I figured, what's the harm?  They'll never grow anyway.  What's the harm.   Couple years later I have a rather large red oak and some sapling post oaks that just popped out of nowhere (i am not an agronomist, or even a flatonolist,).  So now I have oak trees growing on my balcony.  Native oak trees., btw.

Now I have this 5 foot redoak and a couple of post oak saplings that need homes.   They need to go to a good plot somewhere.

Please, please give these trees a home.

2 hours ago, TOR said:

I figured, what's the harm?  They'll never grow anyway.  What's the harm.   Couple years later I have a rather large red oak and some sapling post oaks that just popped out of nowhere (i am not an agronomist, or even a flatonolist,).  So now I have oak trees growing on my balcony.  Native oak trees., btw.

Now I have this 5 foot redoak and a couple of post oak saplings that need homes.   They need to go to a good plot somewhere.

Please, please give these trees a home.

About 2 years ago my kids and I picked up a bunch of acorns in our neighborhood.  We were lucky to have a bunch of 100-year-old gnarly massive oaks to choose from.  They were awesome to look at and I decided that I wanted those types of genetics in trees.  I've got Live Oaks, Red, and Burr Oaks.  We planted about 100 acorns in pots and let them go.  I've lost about half of them through disease and my own ineptitude.  

But these are the ones that have survived and in a few years when we move out to the country I'll give them a good home to grow and prosper.

If I had more room I'd go back every fall and grab more acorns.  

I think there is one citrus growing in there.  Not sure how it got there.

20211009_130420.jpg

Edited by Post Oak
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EE2B said:

He might even share his frozen imitation crab meat with you.

Keep your grubby mitts away from my frozen [possibly crab, shrimp, and/or seafood]  meat.

Cereal though,  I need to give these ladies a home.  I figure some of you degenerates have a lawn or a ranch or something.

19 hours ago, Post Oak said:

About 2 years ago my kids and I picked up a bunch of acorns in our neighborhood.  We were lucky to have a bunch of 100-year-old gnarly massive oaks to choose from.  They were awesome to look at and I decided that I wanted those types of genetics in trees.  I've got Live Oaks, Red, and Burr Oaks.  We planted about 100 acorns in pots and let them go.  I've lost about half of them through disease and my own ineptitude.  

But these are the ones that have survived and in a few years when we move out to the country I'll give them a good home to grow and prosper.

If I had more room I'd go back every fall and grab more acorns.  

I think there is one citrus growing in there.  Not sure how it got there.

20211009_130420.jpg

User name checks out.