I am the OG Jeff Traylor Fanboy / Suck It, Haterz

MaybeACoordinator

If Sark loses to KU and CDC kicks his ass to the curb I'm going to personally email CDC and direct him here to surly where he can find an individual who identified Traylor as the next big thing five years ago. CDC will shower said individual with millions of dollars and appoint him to lead the next head coaching search because he's obviously a visionary with the ability to peek into the future.

• Haha 2

Just now, bad_teammate said:

No, but the tournament I was attending was up there in North Texas so it's probably the same guy. No memory of what his name is or what team he was coaching.

Was it at the Whataburger tourney in So FtW around, say…’85-‘86? 
*asking for a friend

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Off topic but I think Texas will have an easier time getting bowl eligible in the SEC than we have recently in the b12

- Texas is just a peer in the SEC. Not a season-saving win for most coaches and Superbowl for most teams

Never thought I’d hear a Longhorn cite bowl-eligibility as a reason to change conferences. Seems like winning football games takes care of eligibility. Are you sure an aggy didn’t steal your password?

Texas is 4-5, one of those victories came over an opponent that is currently bouncing between 24/25 in rankings. The “Super Bowl” for other teams might be imaginary. Or 10 years old. 
Not sure which coach on the other side needed a victory over Texas to save their job this year. 

1 hour ago, Chad said:

If Sark loses to KU and CDC kicks his ass to the curb I'm going to personally email CDC and direct him here to surly where he can find an individual who identified Traylor as the next big thing five years ago. CDC will shower said individual with millions of dollars and appoint him to lead the next head coaching search because he's obviously a visionary with the ability to peek into the future.

Well, they already have me on file from all those times I'd send in scoreboard pics of my fuckstompings of Stoops on PS2. Why they didn't just adopt my strategy of running a 4-1-6 D with Derrick Johnson blitzing up the middle on every down is just one of things we will have to wonder about until we die. 

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

Never thought I’d hear a Longhorn cite bowl-eligibility as a reason to change conferences. Seems like winning football games takes care of eligibility. Are you sure an aggy didn’t steal your password?

Texas is 4-5, one of those victories came over an opponent that is currently bouncing between 24/25 in rankings. The “Super Bowl” for other teams might be imaginary. Or 10 years old. 
Not sure which coach on the other side needed a victory over Texas to save their job this year. 

Cool, way to misinterpret what i said. Fuck outta here

Edited by B00M
You latched onto a trivial sentence then my last/weakest points just to be an argumentative dick

6 hours ago, B00M said:

Off topic but I think Texas will have an easier time getting bowl eligible in the SEC than we have recently in the b12

- every team we play won't be full of Texas born players that have either hated UT their entire lives or loved UT but TeXAs DiDnT oFfEr

- dropping Tech, Baylor, TCU and rest of b12 to G5 status will improve Texas' ability to recruit in-state. Which is critical imo. The OOS recruits tend to transfer if they're not immediately playing. 

- neutralizes aggy's lone recruiting edge over us.

- Being able to sell SEC SEC SEC is a small edge over schools like Ohio State that have pillaged Texas and Austin. 

- will give Texas a better chance to land big body athletes from SEC country.

...so UT will almost definitely recruit better players.

- 8 game SEC schedule so 1 more OOC win

- Texas is just a peer in the SEC. Not a season-saving win for most coaches and Superbowl for most teams

All of this is true. 

8 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

There were maybe 5 of us that pointed out he was a fucking moron in year 2 and we were told by the football gurus on here we had no idea what we were talking about it and that it was painfully obvious he was tearing it down before he could build it back up. All part of the process!

This board is full of idiots. No offense to all of y’all, of course.

I was out when TCU dropped 87 on us in the first Q.

Traylor may or may not be a great hire at Texas, but it doesn't matter because we're not firing a coach after his first season.  Wanna know a surefire way to keep good coaches away from the program?  Let them all know they won't have a job at the end of the year if they don't win immediately, regardless of how crappy the roster is.

And no offense, but continuity should not be a goal after a coach notches possibly the worst three year stretch at UT in modern history, if not ever.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Traylor may or may not be a great hire at Texas, but it doesn't matter because we're not firing a coach after his first season.  Wanna know a surefire way to keep good coaches away from the program?  Let them all know they won't have a job at the end of the year if they don't win immediately, regardless of how crappy the roster is.

And no offense, but continuity should not be a goal after a coach notches possibly the worst three year stretch at UT in modern history, if not ever.

Agreed. I don’t think Sark will succeed at Texas based on history AND current results.

I also don’t think (barring losing to Kansas or some sort of scandal) that Sark will (or should) be fired after this season.

• Hook 'Em 1